Author Topic: Republicans WIN! - now what?  (Read 16165 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Republicans WIN! - now what?
« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2015, 10:35:00 AM »
Ann is a sensationalist Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!):
Other than engineers, economists and quarterbacks, no one acquires any marketable knowledge at college.

She engages in hyperbole for satire. Her overall point is a good one. I would agree that for the majority of college grads, the degree is little more than an extremely expensive IQ test (and not a terribly reliable one at that). Republicans should take the initiative in helping to burst the higher ed tuition bubble.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 29, 2015, 10:52:15 AM »
I am all for fine tuning degrees.  I feel that about a quarter of the required classes I took don't help me in my career.  However, they round a student so that they have tools outside their specialized degree incase their career interests turn. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 29, 2015, 11:08:59 AM »
We want professors explaining, under penalty of perjury, exactly how much they make per hour for their rigorous schedules of two classes a week, summers off, and full-year "sabbaticals" every few terms.

This was my favorite line.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 03, 2015, 03:04:52 PM »
Seems like a good time to update this.

The American people gave the GOP another chance last night, in a historic drubbing that will likely net 9 senate seats and 10+ house seats. There can be no question that this wave election was driven in no small part by dissatisfaction with Obama's policies and the perceived state of the economy.

Now the GOP has a choice: This can either be a springboard to a conservative resurgence and retaking the White House in 2016, or it can be just a brief gasp of air before being sucked back down into the GOP's recent whirlpool of mediocrity. It will all come down to how they govern.

Step 1: Immigration. This has to be first, because Obama seems sure to make good on his promise to grant effective amnesty to millions of illegals by year's end, before the GOP Senate is sworn in. It is a bitterly cynical ploy, designed to both shore up Hispanic support and fracture the GOP between tea party and pro-big business elements.

It is no longer enough to criticize the President and threaten unrelated punitive actions, like another budget battle. That is exactly what Obama wants. Instead, the GOP must present an alternative. A unified congress must pass tough but fair comprehensive immigration reform that confers temporary legal status, for a price, but shuts down chain migration and effectively terminates illegal immigration with a combination of enhanced border security, accelerated deportation procedures, and employer verification requirements. The American people will support this , and by lawfully passing such legislation and placing it on the president's desk, any unilateral executive action by Obama will blow up in his face.

[UPDATE: Nope, didn't do crap. Fortunately, the courts bailed out the GOP by halting Obama's unconstitutional amnesty. Unfortunately, because the GOP betrayed their consituents, Donald Trump is now leading in the polls.]

Step 2: Pick up "easy wins" along the way. The Republicans need to focus on advancing smaller pieces of legislation that have broad popular support - stuff that will again backfire on Obama if he dares to veto it. Energy policy, such as easing drilling permit restrictions and "greenlighting" the Keystone pipeline, is fertile ground.

[UPDATE: Well, at least they made Obama veto Keystone. That took about a year. Nothing else I can think of.]

Step 3: Put Obamacare back on Obama's desk. It is finally time for a unified GOP to make good on their promise to put "repeal and replace" on Obama's desk. There are already good bills percolating in the House to do just that. Of course, Obama will never sign any such legislation, but it is essential for 2016 that such legislation be presented and that he be forced to veto it.

[UPDATE: Over a year later, this is finally going to happen this evening, forcing Obama to veto it.]

Step 4: Dismantle Obamacare. Once Obama has vetoed the above, it is time for smaller bills dismantling Obamacare one stinky brick at a time. Start with low hanging fruit like the medical device tax and go from there.

[UPDATE: :lol:]

Step 5: Pass a budget that dramatically cuts spending across every agency. This one goes without saying. It is exciting to think that, at long last, a unified GOP congress is finally in a position to move towards a balanced budget.

[UPDATE: :lol: :lol: :lol:]

Follow these 5 steps and you can say hello to President Walker/Cruz in 2016. Fail and it's hello Hillary.

[Ouch, sure missed on Walker. Cruz still a decent bet. Also, I didn't foresee how awful Hillary would be, giving the GOP a decent shot despite their abysmal failures in the past year.]
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 01, 2017, 08:37:38 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/can-this-marriage-be-saved-relationship-between-trump-senate-gop-hits-new-skids/ar-AApgTZh
It appears that the Senate is telling The Donald to shove it up his Trumphole.    I think it may be good to have some obstinate bastards yanking down his shorts once in a while.  One sided railroaded legislation is often crap.   Trump needs to quit belittling and threatening Senators.  If  this relationship is not mended, then Demo-nuts will resist more.