Author Topic: Republicans WIN! - now what?  (Read 16357 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Republicans WIN! - now what?
« on: November 05, 2014, 09:08:37 AM »
The American people gave the GOP another chance last night, in a historic drubbing that will likely net 9 senate seats and 10+ house seats. There can be no question that this wave election was driven in no small part by dissatisfaction with Obama's policies and the perceived state of the economy.

Now the GOP has a choice: This can either be a springboard to a conservative resurgence and retaking the White House in 2016, or it can be just a brief gasp of air before being sucked back down into the GOP's recent whirlpool of mediocrity. It will all come down to how they govern.

Step 1: Immigration. This has to be first, because Obama seems sure to make good on his promise to grant effective amnesty to millions of illegals by year's end, before the GOP Senate is sworn in. It is a bitterly cynical ploy, designed to both shore up Hispanic support and fracture the GOP between tea party and pro-big business elements.

It is no longer enough to criticize the President and threaten unrelated punitive actions, like another budget battle. That is exactly what Obama wants. Instead, the GOP must present an alternative. A unified congress must pass tough but fair comprehensive immigration reform that confers temporary legal status, for a price, but shuts down chain migration and effectively terminates illegal immigration with a combination of enhanced border security, accelerated deportation procedures, and employer verification requirements. The American people will support this , and by lawfully passing such legislation and placing it on the president's desk, any unilateral executive action by Obama will blow up in his face.

Step 2: Pick up "easy wins" along the way. The Republicans need to focus on advancing smaller pieces of legislation that have broad popular support - stuff that will again backfire on Obama if he dares to veto it. Energy policy, such as easing drilling permit restrictions and "greenlighting" the Keystone pipeline, is fertile ground.

Step 3: Put Obamacare back on Obama's desk. It is finally time for a unified GOP to make good on their promise to put "repeal and replace" on Obama's desk. There are already good bills percolating in the House to do just that. Of course, Obama will never sign any such legislation, but it is essential for 2016 that such legislation be presented and that he be forced to veto it.

Step 4: Dismantle Obamacare. Once Obama has vetoed the above, it is time for smaller bills dismantling Obamacare one stinky brick at a time. Start with low hanging fruit like the medical device tax and go from there.

Step 5: Pass a budget that dramatically cuts spending across every agency. This one goes without saying. It is exciting to think that, at long last, a unified GOP congress is finally in a position to move towards a balanced budget.

Follow these 5 steps and you can say hello to President Walker/Cruz in 2016. Fail and it's hello Hillary.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Republicans WIN! - now what?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 09:16:46 AM »
1. Your immigration policy would absolutely wreck the economy and ensure the GOP loses in 2 years. Best case for the republicans is to pass a law like that that gets vetoed.

2. Agree

3. Yep

4. waste of time, probably would do more harm than good

5. Sequestration is already cutting funding across every agency.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 09:19:13 AM »
answer to thread question- sit on my thumb.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 09:55:29 AM »
Reign in or completely expel the idiot barkers like Huels'ey.  There is no need for those guys anymore with control of both houses and they don't add to the needed productivity.  The party absolutely has to regain itself from the sensationalists and extremists.  Cons are the party of business.  Get back to business and quit messing with wedge issues, the agenda of the religious extreme, and gotcha bullshit.  Get back to dollars and sense(see what I did there?).

No way 'pubs get the white house if they keep up their crazy.  Actual change, leadership, and logical action is needed.  Put up or shut up.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 10:00:22 AM »
Pretty much nothing will change
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 10:01:22 AM »
well, yeah.  This thread is about what we want to happen, though.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 10:41:20 AM »
The American people gave the GOP another chance last night, in a historic drubbing that will likely net 9 senate seats and 10+ house seats. There can be no question that this wave election was driven in no small part by dissatisfaction with Obama's policies and the perceived state of the economy.

Now the GOP has a choice: This can either be a springboard to a conservative resurgence and retaking the White House in 2016, or it can be just a brief gasp of air before being sucked back down into the GOP's recent whirlpool of mediocrity. It will all come down to how they govern.

Step 1: Immigration. This has to be first, because Obama seems sure to make good on his promise to grant effective amnesty to millions of illegals by year's end, before the GOP Senate is sworn in. It is a bitterly cynical ploy, designed to both shore up Hispanic support and fracture the GOP between tea party and pro-big business elements.

It is no longer enough to criticize the President and threaten unrelated punitive actions, like another budget battle. That is exactly what Obama wants. Instead, the GOP must present an alternative. A unified congress must pass tough but fair comprehensive immigration reform that confers temporary legal status, for a price, but shuts down chain migration and effectively terminates illegal immigration with a combination of enhanced border security, accelerated deportation procedures, and employer verification requirements. The American people will support this , and by lawfully passing such legislation and placing it on the president's desk, any unilateral executive action by Obama will blow up in his face.

Step 2: Pick up "easy wins" along the way. The Republicans need to focus on advancing smaller pieces of legislation that have broad popular support - stuff that will again backfire on Obama if he dares to veto it. Energy policy, such as easing drilling permit restrictions and "greenlighting" the Keystone pipeline, is fertile ground.

Step 3: Put Obamacare back on Obama's desk. It is finally time for a unified GOP to make good on their promise to put "repeal and replace" on Obama's desk. There are already good bills percolating in the House to do just that. Of course, Obama will never sign any such legislation, but it is essential for 2016 that such legislation be presented and that he be forced to veto it.

Step 4: Dismantle Obamacare. Once Obama has vetoed the above, it is time for smaller bills dismantling Obamacare one stinky brick at a time. Start with low hanging fruit like the medical device tax and go from there.

Step 5: Pass a budget that dramatically cuts spending across every agency. This one goes without saying. It is exciting to think that, at long last, a unified GOP congress is finally in a position to move towards a balanced budget.

Follow these 5 steps and you can say hello to President Walker/Cruz in 2016. Fail and it's hello Hillary.

Do you know how checks and balances work? Someone give this dude a copy of schoolhouse rock or an elementary school social studies book.

Before the republicans worry about this stuff I'd suggest addressing the factions in the party, the true reason why this current congress will go down in history as the least productive ever. I mean we can pretend that it was the Senate hampering the legislative process but we all know that isn't true.

There is no way in hell a Walker/Cruz ticket would happen. The tea partiers got their asses kicked in the '12 primary. I know extremists like you don't get this concept but independents and moderate conservatives can't stand Ted Cruz. BTW he pretty much said last night on CNN that he is going to take on Mitch McConnell, that is going to be hilarious. These selfish tea partiers can't help themselves, going after party leaders on what should have been a night of celebration.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 10:43:04 AM »
Walker/Cruz LOL

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 10:48:06 AM »
Obama needs to take a page from the book of the most popular president of our time, Bill Clinton, and declare the end of big government. Sign the balanced budgets that are put forth by congress and watch prosperity reign (this is what we want to happen, not what will).

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 10:49:54 AM »
Obama needs to take a page from the book of the most popular president of our time, Bill Clinton, and declare the end of big government. Sign the balanced budgets that are put forth by congress and watch prosperity reign (this is what we want to happen, not what will).

Love the revisionist history here.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2014, 10:55:12 AM »
In the face of a monumental beatdown, dems still think they know what people want. Fascinating.

The only people that don't seem to understand (more like don't care) checks and balances are the current administration, which will go down in history as the most abusive, reckless and least productive in the modern era.  Choke on it.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 11:01:33 AM »
MIDTERMS 2014 - DEMOCRATS WORST LOSS SINCE GETTYSBURG

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2014, 11:04:08 AM »
Do you know how checks and balances work? Someone give this dude a copy of schoolhouse rock or an elementary school social studies book.

Yes, which is why I said that Obama will likely be required to finally veto some legislation. That's Ok, as long as it is good legislation that sets up a good debate for 2016.

Before the republicans worry about this stuff I'd suggest addressing the factions in the party, the true reason why this current congress will go down in history as the least productive ever. I mean we can pretend that it was the Senate hampering the legislative process but we all know that isn't true.

You may "know" that to be true, but you're wrong. Laughably wrong, but I'm not going to convince you otherwise.

As for factions within the party, the GOP united to deliver these midterm results. It is possible the party will splinter again over immigration (that's what Obama is counting on) - which is exactly why I noted my concern above.

Let the butthurt flow through you, MIR.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2014, 11:20:55 AM »

Which part isn't true?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2014, 11:37:28 AM »

Which part isn't true?

That Bill Clinton was beloved. Nothing is funnier than the "if Obama was more like Clinton narrative."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2014, 11:45:28 AM »

Yes, which is why I said that Obama will likely be required to finally veto some legislation. That's Ok, as long as it is good legislation that sets up a good debate for 2016.

You may "know" that to be true, but you're wrong. Laughably wrong, but I'm not going to convince you otherwise.

As for factions within the party, the GOP united to deliver these midterm results. It is possible the party will splinter again over immigration (that's what Obama is counting on) - which is exactly why I noted my concern above.

That immigration debate goes to why these midterms don't matter. This election does nothing to fix the two biggest reasons why the Republicans weren't able to defeat such an apparently so unpopular president.
-A fascination with social issues that don't speak to the general electorate. Namely immigration and Obamacare. Ted Cruz last night said that he wants to force Obama to veto a repeal of Obamacare and Obamacare previsions.
-A problem with demographics. Bottom line is that the numbers still aren't there in a national election and not compromising on immigration will not help that. If the republicans insist on pushing immigration, they are going to have to allow amnesty.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2014, 12:35:58 PM »

Which part isn't true?

That Bill Clinton was beloved. Nothing is funnier than the "if Obama was more like Clinton narrative."

In hindsight, Clinton is much more popular now than while in office, even to conservatives. This won't be the case with Obama. Clinton, with all of his terrible flaws, was a pragmatist.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2014, 01:15:05 PM »

That immigration debate goes to why these midterms don't matter. This election does nothing to fix the two biggest reasons why the Republicans weren't able to defeat such an apparently so unpopular president.
-A fascination with social issues that don't speak to the general electorate. Namely immigration and Obamacare. Ted Cruz last night said that he wants to force Obama to veto a repeal of Obamacare and Obamacare previsions.
-A problem with demographics. Bottom line is that the numbers still aren't there in a national election and not compromising on immigration will not help that. If the republicans insist on pushing immigration, they are going to have to allow amnesty.

Once again, your analysis is devoid of facts. Libtard turnout was less in 2012 than 2008. Romney carried self-described "independents." He lost because millions of social conservatives stayed home. So it's kind of like what you said - only exactly backwards, which unfortunately refutes any point you were trying to make.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 03:33:12 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2014, 11:06:18 PM »

Once again, your analysis is devoid of facts. Libtard turnout was less in 2012 than 2008. Romney carried self-described "independents." He lost because millions of social conservatives stayed home. So it's kind of like what you said - only exactly backwards, which unfortunately refutes any point you were trying to make.

Wait. You're refuting that the Republican party has a problem with demographics? Either you're a rough ridin' moron, illiterate, or a pathological liar. I'm going to go with all four. crap man I heard 3 different republicans on two different networks discussing the demographic problem last night.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/04/22/the-republican-demographic-problem-is-just-going-to-keep-getting-worse/

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/118076/brookings-survey-republican-fear-changing-demographics-immigration

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2014/02/11/do_demographics_really_work_against_the_gop_121538.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2014/05/14/heres-where-republicans-are-winning-with-hispanics-2/

http://news.yahoo.com/predict-presidential-elections-by-demographic-interactive-widget-225441066.html

If you want more links I have plenty, I know that pinko dimlib rag, Forbes, can't be trusted.

I look forward to seeing what stupidity you reply with given your inability to shut the eff up even after playing the fool.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2014, 08:24:59 AM »
Republicans have the most power they've had since the 20's, but demographics

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2014, 08:34:41 AM »
Republicans carried 64% of the college educated minority vote.  Let that sink in.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2014, 08:38:29 AM »

Wait. You're refuting that the Republican party has a problem with demographics? Either you're a rough ridin' moron, illiterate, or a pathological liar. I'm going to go with all four. crap man I heard 3 different republicans on two different networks discussing the demographic problem last night.

I'm going to need a ruling here from the board - did I say anything about demographics in my post above? I was only addressing your idiotic first point about how an emphasis on social issues has lost the electorate - just the opposite is true.

As for changing demographics, the issue isn't so much a matter of race as it is poverty. I don't deny that if we continue to import poverty into this country at record levels, that's going to hurt the Republicans in the long term. Of course, a greater emphasis on social issues (your first foolish point) will actually help the Republicans connect with black and hispanic voters, but we also need to clamp down on illegal immigration.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2014, 08:40:28 AM »
Republicans carried 64% of the college educated minority vote.  Let that sink in.

link plz

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2014, 08:49:35 AM »
I would have voted republican this election if we had any incumbent democrats.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2014, 09:01:27 AM »

I'm going to need a ruling here from the board - did I say anything about demographics in my post above? I was only addressing your idiotic first point about how an emphasis on social issues has lost the electorate - just the opposite is true.

As for changing demographics, the issue isn't so much a matter of race as it is poverty. I don't deny that if we continue to import poverty into this country at record levels, that's going to hurt the Republicans in the long term. Of course, a greater emphasis on social issues (your first foolish point) will actually help the Republicans connect with black and hispanic voters, but we also need to clamp down on illegal immigration.

You could argue that discussing "libtard turnout" is a demographics discussion, but if you don't consider it a demographics topic you really didn't refute anything he said, either.