Author Topic: Thug government is action  (Read 19626 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Thug government is action
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2014, 09:51:15 AM »
that was a fun read

My favorite part is he probably got this thing all ready on ms works and was just waiting for someone to bring up negros so he could quickly c&p their ass

You have to seize the opportunity even if there isn't one.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2014, 10:04:04 AM »
When I was a kid, my neighbor always had nuts sitting out and sometimes he would crack open a "n-word toe" for me. Was that racist or not? I think the name was at least 100 years old, but I don't think he had intent to be racist, fwiw.  Thoughts, K-S-U-W?

And there it is. See my point 3 above, only worse, as THE N word has always been racist, even if slavery was once the norm for a big swath of this country. It's a stupid, stupid comparison.

no, you goof. its a perfect comparison

redskin has always been racist, just like the N word

negro is the bad comparison, because it was previously an acceptable term.

your point 3 is right until you get it really really wrong for some reason.

can you give me some examples of proud native american schools branded Redskin?

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2014, 10:42:18 AM »
Would KSUW be ok with the Seattle Sambo's?

:dance:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2014, 11:19:40 AM »
When I was a kid, my neighbor always had nuts sitting out and sometimes he would crack open a "n-word toe" for me. Was that racist or not? I think the name was at least 100 years old, but I don't think he had intent to be racist, fwiw.  Thoughts, K-S-U-W?

And there it is. See my point 3 above, only worse, as THE N word has always been racist, even if slavery was once the norm for a big swath of this country. It's a stupid, stupid comparison.

no, you goof. its a perfect comparison

redskin has always been racist, just like the N word

negro is the bad comparison, because it was previously an acceptable term.

your point 3 is right until you get it really really wrong for some reason.

can you give me some examples of proud native american schools branded Redskin?

Sure, here are three reservation high schools with the Redskins mascot (now, you did say "proud" - I don't know if they are or not - probably a pack of self-hating' racists, amiright?)
http://rmusdhs.ss4.sharpschool.com/redskins_news
http://www.kingston.k12.ok.us/
http://www.wellpinit.wednet.edu/MS-HS

In addition, there are something like 60 other non-reservation high schools that still use the name.

So I guess this also addressed your argument that "redskins" has always been, and is, a racial slur regardless of context.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2014, 11:28:23 AM »

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2014, 11:38:41 AM »
You do know that the team owner who renamed the team from the Braves to the Redskins was a notorious bigot, right? He was part of the movement to unofficially ban black players from the league in the 30's and refused to allow black players on his team for years after the actual ban was lifted. I doubt we should give him the benefit of the doubt that he was "honoring" said coach by changing the name from Braves to the, generally held to be derogatory, term of Redskins.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 11:41:58 AM by Metalhead »

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2014, 12:05:59 PM »
They are the Washington D.C. Redskins. I think this is closer to a "state" government thing than federal guys.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2014, 12:30:47 PM »
There are many problems with the PC libtard arguments that Washington Redskins is racist.
1. While redskins can certainly be a racial slur when used as an insult without historical context, that is not the case here. The team selected the name nearly 100 years ago in honor of its then coach who was part Sioux.
2. As the Redskins' logo indicates, there is no racist intent behind the name. It was a name selected to connote honor, courage, and strength - desired qualities for a football team and, again, selected to honor the coach at the time. Contrast with the Cleveland Indians' use of the "Chief Wahoo" cartoon, which is a truly offensive drawing.
3. While some have argued (though no one here is clever enough to) that this is no different than a team being named the Washington Negros - a once acceptable term, even to African Americans, that is now universally considered a slur - the comparison doesn't hold water. That is because to this day, a majority of the Native American population doesn't give two shits about Washington's name, and many predominantly Native American schools proudly bear the same name.

Tell me again, white person, about how Native American's don't care about the nickname and then sue to halt the trademark.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2014, 12:49:45 PM »
There are many problems with the PC libtard arguments that Washington Redskins is racist.
1. While redskins can certainly be a racial slur when used as an insult without historical context, that is not the case here. The team selected the name nearly 100 years ago in honor of its then coach who was part Sioux.
2. As the Redskins' logo indicates, there is no racist intent behind the name. It was a name selected to connote honor, courage, and strength - desired qualities for a football team and, again, selected to honor the coach at the time. Contrast with the Cleveland Indians' use of the "Chief Wahoo" cartoon, which is a truly offensive drawing.
3. While some have argued (though no one here is clever enough to) that this is no different than a team being named the Washington Negros - a once acceptable term, even to African Americans, that is now universally considered a slur - the comparison doesn't hold water. That is because to this day, a majority of the Native American population doesn't give two shits about Washington's name, and many predominantly Native American schools proudly bear the same name.

Tell me again, white person, about how Native American's don't care about the nickname and then sue to halt the trademark.

Ok, I'll tell you. Of course some Native Americans don't like it. All groups have their PC grievance mongers. But if this poll is to be believed, about 10% of all Native Americans are offended. The rest either supported the name or didn't give a crap.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2014, 12:50:45 PM »
No one is making them give it up.  Snyder can still continue to honor that great NA coach.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2014, 01:08:39 PM »
No one is making them give it up.  Snyder can still continue to honor that great NA coach.

You're right. The government isn't making them give up the name - the feds are just giving the team a helpful "nudge" in the right direction by jeopardizing millions in revenue. :whistle1:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2014, 01:12:51 PM »

Ok, I'll tell you. Of course some Native Americans don't like it. All groups have their PC grievance mongers. But if this poll is to be believed, about 10% of all Native Americans are offended. The rest either supported the name or didn't give a crap.

10% is an appropriate amount of a racial group to tell to eff off?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2014, 01:20:57 PM »

You can probably find 10% of people who don't like just about anything so, yeah, I'm good with that.

Offline illBisonYourdele

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2014, 01:28:39 PM »
i think Bow Bender, Blanket-Ass, and Hatchet-Packer are far worse than Redskin

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2014, 01:30:25 PM »

You can probably find 10% of people who don't like just about anything so, yeah, I'm good with that.

I think probably less than 10% of posters on this blog agree with your posts, so can you eff off?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2014, 01:32:48 PM »

You're right. The government isn't making them give up the name - the feds are just giving the team a helpful "nudge" in the right direction by jeopardizing millions in revenue. :whistle1:

So him honoring the noble NA and their legendary coach is only good for the owner if he makes money off it. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2014, 01:37:33 PM »
I know Dan Snyder will not let down the former coach and those high schools that are proud of this name.  He will continue to honor them despite the fact that he will not be making as much money on merchandising.  It's not about money, it's about honoring them and honoring them proudly.

Offline illBisonYourdele

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2014, 01:38:00 PM »

or they are more worried about the massive diabetes epidemic within their poorly negotiated boundaries

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2014, 01:40:10 PM »
It's like the thug government thinks Daniel Snyder can be bought and sold when it comes to honoring native americans by calling them redskins.

Not the Dan Snyder I know.  Not for a second, nice try government paper pushers

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2014, 01:51:20 PM »
That Joe College guy should move to D.C. and strike while the iron is hot.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2014, 01:52:47 PM »
I can just picture the faces of those flat footed goombahs in DC when Dan Snyder stands up and says "I don't care that I will now make slightly less money off merchandising, I plan on continuing to honor that noble coach and some Native Americans who don't mind the name no matter what!"

it will be grand

Offline illBisonYourdele

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2014, 01:57:26 PM »
I can just picture the faces of those flat footed goombahs in DC when Dan Snyder stands up and says "I don't care that I will now make slightly less money off merchandising, I plan on continuing to honor that noble coach and some Native Americans who don't mind the name no matter what!"

it will be grand

how about you repeat yourself again

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2014, 02:09:28 PM »

it will be grand

I think you made your point in your last three posts, which all seem to be saying the same thing. "It's ok for the government to eff over a private corporation in the name of PC because, after all, it's just money (and it's not my money)."

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2014, 02:13:17 PM »

I think probably less than 10% of posters on this blog agree with your posts, so can you eff off?

Nah, I'll stay right here. You can go ahead and tell me to eff off if that makes you feel better. But if you're a governmental entity that is going to punish me to the tune of millions of dollars for using a brand name you find distasteful, that's not ok.