Author Topic: Taxes  (Read 17127 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Taxes
« Reply #150 on: January 15, 2016, 11:06:11 AM »
So I'm assuming I will probably have a decent amount coming back to me because I never switched from single to married with my employer.. With a refund I have differing opinions and pending how much I get back: Do I pay another month on my house(have a 15 year on it but would like to get it paid off as quickly as possible to have it as a rental then rinse and repeat), invest it, put it away as another safety savings account or a combo?

Here's how we decide between investing and paying down the mortgage: First, we invest a set amount every month (retirement, college, and dream fund). We also set a threshold of X dollars to keep in cash for our bills and emergency fund. Anytime our bank account balance exceeds that amount after bills and investments, we scoop off the excess and put it towards paying down the mortgage. It works really well.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 15, 2016, 11:09:26 AM »
That's a lot of excess money for someone so burdened by the unfair tyranny of taxes
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 15, 2016, 12:21:46 PM »

Go to school they said.  Get a good job they said.  Deduct the student loan interest they said.

this is a good example of revealing info

Not unknowingly, tho.  :nono:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 15, 2016, 12:43:22 PM »
So I'm assuming I will probably have a decent amount coming back to me because I never switched from single to married with my employer.. With a refund I have differing opinions and pending how much I get back: Do I pay another month on my house(have a 15 year on it but would like to get it paid off as quickly as possible to have it as a rental then rinse and repeat), invest it, put it away as another safety savings account or a combo?

invest, unless your mortgage is rough ridin' you, in which case, refinance.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 15, 2016, 12:48:50 PM »
That's a lot of excess money for someone so burdened by the unfair tyranny of taxes

I wouldn't be happy about the government taking 40-50% of my money whether I made a million or 50k.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 15, 2016, 01:57:19 PM »

I would party down with it.

OR use it on a down payment on a rental property.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 26, 2017, 08:22:50 PM »
The Congressional Budget Office projects a federal deficit of $693 billion for the current fiscal year. Take away the tax expenditures in the above table (which add up to $971.8 billion) and in theory you get a budget surplus of $278.8 billion.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-07-26/those-pointless-upper-middle-class-entitlements
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."