Author Topic: Syria getting syrious  (Read 13433 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Syria getting syrious
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2013, 11:14:56 AM »
felix can you give us some thoughts on coverage in the media (from what you've seen in the region) on these airstrikes?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2013, 11:18:33 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/08/tech/syria-internet-outage/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Dear ppl of Syria,

We are on it!*

Sincerely,

The Govt

* by "on it" we mean go eff yourselves and prepare to die

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2013, 11:41:24 AM »
But Europe also had a sizable Jewish population

Google "Dreyfus case."

Jews have encountered anti-Semitism everywhere they have lived, don't see how that one case means Germany or Italy wouldn't have been a suitable location for a Jewish nation

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Syria getting syrious
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2013, 01:29:37 PM »

Google "Dreyfus case."

Jews have encountered anti-Semitism everywhere they have lived, don't see how that one case means Germany or Italy wouldn't have been a suitable location for a Jewish nation

Short version of Jewish sentiment at the time: "if we can't get a fair shake in France, we can't get a fair shake anywhere".

Everyone else (including Germany or Italy; there's the lol you wanted) agreed.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Syria getting syrious
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2013, 01:31:45 PM »

Google "Dreyfus case."

Jews have encountered anti-Semitism everywhere they have lived

In retrospect, your first sentence was a much more succinct way to explain the motivation for a "Jewish homeland".
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2013, 01:39:27 PM »
Germany or Italy wouldn't have been able to do anything about losing part of their land to a Jewish nation.  They were effectively neutered following WWII.  Germany was split in half by the US and Russia and they didn't fight that.  Jews were persecuted in Germany before and during the war, but once Germans no longer had a government trying to actively exterminate Jews it was an alright place for them to live.  I'm not saying it would have been all cupcakes and lollipops but come on, a Jewish nation located in Europe wouldn't be nearly as controversial or violent as replacing Palestine with Israel.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2013, 01:41:31 PM »

Google "Dreyfus case."

Jews have encountered anti-Semitism everywhere they have lived

In retrospect, your first sentence was a much more succinct way to explain the motivation for a "Jewish homeland".

I don't disagree with the motivation/necessity for a Jewish homeland, it's the location of it and American support that I'm opposed to

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Syria getting syrious
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2013, 01:46:03 PM »
Germany or Italy wouldn't have been able to do anything about losing part of their land to a Jewish nation.  They were effectively neutered following WWII.  Germany was split in half by the US and Russia and they didn't fight that.  Jews were persecuted in Germany before and during the war, but once Germans no longer had a government trying to actively exterminate Jews it was an alright place for them to live.  I'm not saying it would have been all cupcakes and lollipops but come on, a Jewish nation located in Europe wouldn't be nearly as controversial or violent as replacing Palestine with Israel.

The thing about anti-semitism is that it has a tendency to follow Jews around. Look up anti-semitism in the Arab world before the 20th century.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Syria getting syrious
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2013, 08:39:45 PM »

Yeah, there were already quite a few places in Germany full of Jews (and a few guards). Could have put them there.
:adios:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2013, 08:45:15 PM »
Russia mixed with Obama is a terrible combo for all people living in conflict.  One is an overt instigator, they other a finicky moron.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2013, 06:43:56 AM »
felix can you give us some thoughts on coverage in the media (from what you've seen in the region) on these airstrikes?

It's about what you'd expect. Syria doesn't have oil, so we don't really care except that it may endanger Israel so we support their air strikes meanwhile we all sit back and count our money and wait for Assad to finally fall while more innocent brown people suffer and die.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Syria getting syrious
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2013, 01:57:01 PM »
Here's some excerpts from the "Angry Arab" interviewing himself about Syria. Just about sums it up:

AA: How is the conflict likely to be resolved?

AA: This will ultimately end in a best case scenario for the Zionist entity, and in fact all the details have been decided a long time ago. My sources tell me that even the location of the Zionist embassy in Damascus has been decided and a Syrian businessman will offer it to them free of charge. Thanks Laila.

AA: Astounding. This is the first time I hear this. So the uprising was engineered by outside forces to create a situation that is favourable to the Zionist entity.

AA: Fascinating. It’s always a learning experience with you. So what about the role of the Western mainstream media which as we both know is one homogeneous body and there’s no point talking about specific newspapers or writers?

AA: Of course, the Western mainstream media is the propaganda arm of Western governments and we saw this from day one in Syria.

AA: And what about the Western journalists that are reporting from the ground in Syria? Sometimes it sounds like you think you know better than them?

AA: My observation of the events on the ground isn’t polluted by proximity like most of them.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2013, 02:09:47 PM »
LOL, where's the complete interview? That seems fantastic.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Syria getting syrious
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2013, 02:14:00 PM »

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2013, 06:42:32 AM »
Syrian guy eats the heart of a dead Assad soldier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z48Ji7COV3Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2013, 09:48:34 AM »
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2013, 02:14:59 AM »
Syrian guy eats the heart of a dead Assad soldier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z48Ji7COV3Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player
liveleak links?

Per yoosh, goEMAW was waaaaay out in front of the "breaking" story:

14 May 2013 Last updated at 03:07 ET

Outrage at Syrian rebel shown 'eating soldier's heart'

A video which appears to show a Syrian rebel taking a bite from the heart of a dead soldier has brought strong condemnation.

US-based Human Rights Watch identified the rebel as Abu Sakkar, a well-known insurgent from the city of Homs, and said his actions were a war crime.

The main Syrian opposition coalition said he would be put on trial.

The video, which cannot be independently authenticated, seems to show him cutting out the heart.

"I swear to God we will eat your hearts and your livers, you soldiers of Bashar the dog," the man says referring to President Barash al-Assad as he stands over the soldier's corpse.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2013, 08:15:18 AM »
seems weird that something you do to a dead body is a war crime

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2013, 10:14:49 AM »
Dead bodies. Can't pee on 'em, can't eat 'em. Amirite, guys? Pussification of America.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2013, 10:15:48 AM »

HE CUT OUT HIS HEART AND ATE IT

I put that it big caps because I thought maybe you missed it.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2013, 10:19:11 AM »
a Jewish nation located in Europe wouldn't be nearly as controversial or violent as replacing Palestine with Israel.

"Palestine" was not "replaced" with Israel. "Palestine" was not a sovereign nation, nor was it the size and shape of modern-day Israel. Pre-WWII, it was a territory controlled by the British and was populated by Jews and Arabs. There were a lot of Jews already living there and, of course, the Jews have deep historical roots to the region. In 1936, in response to the growing conflict between the Jews and Arabs, the British decided to partition Palestine, telling the Jews to live in the western portion, and the Arabs to live in the eastern portion. Ultimately, the western portion (roughly) became Israel, and the eastern portion became Jordan.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2013, 10:19:39 AM »
I bet the soldier who ate the other guy's heart ended up with a tummy ache and feels bad about it now.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2013, 10:20:25 AM »
Maybe check dates

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2013, 11:14:44 AM »

HE CUT OUT HIS HEART AND ATE IT

I put that it big caps because I thought maybe you missed it.

yeah, I mean it's pretty rough ridin' wild, but insignificant (imo) compared to living people getting killed.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2013, 11:19:49 AM »
Well, 80k have died. Just one had his heart cut out.