Author Topic: 2017 Signing Day  (Read 26563 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 Signing Day
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2017, 10:25:23 AM »

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2017, 10:26:55 AM »
Chabastin was supposed to sign at 10 AM

it might be a signing ceremony with a bunch of other athletes at his school. he tweeted out "Go Cats" in his signing announcement so I'm less worried than I was.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2017, 10:31:48 AM »
Not a surprise here

https://twitter.com/KellisRobinett/status/826828096745664513

Low character, must not have wanted to compete for a spot, got paid, etc.

Offline AtlantaWildcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2017, 10:34:16 AM »
Anyone with a Rivals account able to enlighten us less fortunate people about the "Developing story on K-State commit Xavier Davis today. Head on over to @GoPowercat for the latest news on the junior college defensive end. -@GPCwallace" just tweeted about? :lynchmob:

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2017, 10:36:25 AM »
First and foremost, he's committed and signed with K-State. That much we already knew and the football program confirmed that much with the public back in December when they Tweeted out his joining the program.

However, he's not on campus.

Even though Xavier told me he was all set to be there in January and his coaches at Pima said the same thing, even as recently as this morning, the defensive end is nowhere near Manhattan as of today.

I'm told from two separate sources that he still has some classwork to touch up on and he's now expected to arrive in the summer.

Talking to his former defensive coordinator, Pat Ryden, of Pima CC this morning, he reiterated to me once again how raw Davis is as a player. In his mind, he thought it would've been better had the defensive end played this season but he got some "bad advice" from Oregon State (back when he was committed there) to take a year off and save it for the next level. So, when you couple that statement with the news of today that he's going to arrive late (maybe deeper into July/August depending on his course load - who knows) I wouldn't be nearly as high on his expectations as some have been lately. The whole "#1 player in this class" as he's been dubbed in some publications is a big stretch for a player who hasn't played in a year.

All along I've wondered if this is another case of Aulelio Olomua because something just doesn't seem legit about Davis. Today only reaffirms that belief I've had.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2017, 10:36:41 AM »
Chabastin was supposed to sign at 10 AM

it might be a signing ceremony with a bunch of other athletes at his school. he tweeted out "Go Cats" in his signing announcement so I'm less worried than I was.

signed.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2017, 10:37:59 AM »
:dance:

Offline AtlantaWildcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2017, 10:38:26 AM »
First and foremost, he's committed and signed with K-State. That much we already knew and the football program confirmed that much with the public back in December when they Tweeted out his joining the program.

Even though Xavier told me he was all set to be there in January and his coaches at Pima said the same thing, even as recently as this morning, the defensive end is nowhere near Manhattan as of today.

I'm told from two separate sources that he still has some classwork to touch up on and he's now expected to arrive in the summer.

Talking to his former defensive coordinator, Pat Ryden, of Pima CC this morning, he reiterated to me once again how raw Davis is as a player. In his mind, he thought it would've been better had the defensive end played this season but he got some "bad advice" from Oregon State (back when he was committed there) to take a year off and save it for the next level. So, when you couple that statement with the news of today that he's going to arrive late (maybe deeper into July/August depending on his course load - who knows) I wouldn't be nearly as high on his expectations as some have been lately. The whole "#1 player in this class" as he's been dubbed in some publications is a big stretch for a player who hasn't played in a year.

All along I've wondered if this is another case of Aulelio Olomua because something just doesn't seem legit about Davis. Today only reaffirms that belief I've had.

Appreciate it kind Sir!

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2017, 10:46:28 AM »
so of our current commits that have yet to sign, its just Antonio Oliver and Aiden Mills

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2017, 10:47:39 AM »
Chabastin has been signed :drool:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2017, 10:53:54 AM »

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2017, 10:54:14 AM »

Unless we sign Walker or Green, he's the best player in this class IMO

Offline KsuWildcatsXII

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2017, 10:56:23 AM »
Just noticed K-State Football's official Twitter has Goodwater labeled as a WR. Is that news, or am I just late to the party?

https://twitter.com/KStateFB/status/826793696532189184

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2017, 10:58:18 AM »

WRONG! Payne is.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2017, 11:00:04 AM »
Just noticed K-State Football's official Twitter has Goodwater labeled as a WR. Is that news, or am I just late to the party?

https://twitter.com/KStateFB/status/826793696532189184

He's listed as RB on their table on the NSD webpage.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2017, 11:03:55 AM »

WRONG! Payne is.

I think you are both underestimating how good these OL commits are going to be in a few years.   :love:

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2017, 11:12:39 AM »

WRONG! Payne is.

I think you are both underestimating how good these OL commits are going to be in a few years.   :love:

They're Huuuuuuuge. (Literally)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2017, 11:46:33 AM »

the real story here is that the rivals site is up and running and hasn't crashed

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2017, 11:56:15 AM »

the real story here is that the rivals site is up and running and hasn't crashed
its called twitter

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2017, 12:00:18 PM »

and they've somehow refrained from listing every walk-on on the commitment list

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2017, 12:05:51 PM »

its called twitter

what's called twitter?  twitter?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2017, 12:15:15 PM »
When will we find out if those one guys we want are coming here? 

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2017, 12:15:24 PM »

its called twitter

what's called twitter?  twitter?
ill never understand people paying 10 dollars a month for a service thats 90% wrong and they can get the right info for free- twitter

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2017, 12:22:33 PM »
Goodwater is basically Tremaine Thompson.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2017, 12:28:01 PM »
Xavier Davis has 14 siblings  :sdeek: