Author Topic: It's Time  (Read 14035 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: It's Time
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2017, 10:56:22 AM »
What a meltdown by ok cat. Sad.  :frown:

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2017, 10:58:13 AM »
The way I see it, there are two kinds of losers in this world. There are ISU fans and there are KU fans. ISU fans stay positive and are grateful for what they have because they know it can be much worse. KU fans ignore all past evidence and believe they are always just 1 or 2 adjustments (e.g., a Snyder demise) away from competing for a conference championship.

I tend to fall more on the ISU side. Of course, however you choose to handle a loss, you're still a loser. And that hurts. :frown:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2017, 11:00:02 AM »
there are way more than 2 kinds of losers

Offline ksuchris2000

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2017, 11:00:52 AM »
We get beat by a combined 110-14 to the Oklahoma schools this season. But we're cool with that because he won the conference in 2003

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking we'd score 21 against OSU. 14 is so pessimistic.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2017, 11:01:46 AM »
As I've gotten older I've gotten way better at handling losses. I turned the game immediately and stayed out of the football threads until about Monday until I could refocus. It still hurts like a mother after a loss, but i'm getting better at numbing it. Drinking bleach really helps the process too. This is pretty much me these days.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 11:07:26 AM by WackyCat08 »

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2017, 11:04:01 AM »
We get beat by a combined 110-14 to the Oklahoma schools this season. But we're cool with that because he won the conference in 2003

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking we'd score 21 against OSU. 14 is so pessimistic.

yeah because we always get torched by OSU, always

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2017, 11:07:47 AM »
A lot of Betas outing themselves in here.  :frown:

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2017, 12:50:33 PM »
I'm far less concerned now about what KSU does under Snyder because at minimum there will almost always be a baseline of competence that will keep the program from falling into complete disarray. I'd rather focus immediately on cleaning up the shitshow that is bruceketball and see EMAW hoops restored to its former glory.

That said, if Venzy calls us and says he's ready to jump and we'd better offer or he's going to Texas Tech, I'm ok with doing this to Bill as quickly and smoothly as possible

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2017, 12:55:15 PM »
If Venzy was in the mix I could give nary a eff about the smoothly part.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2017, 12:55:46 PM »
If Venzy was in the mix I could give nary a eff about the smoothly part.

Yeah, that's fair.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2017, 01:12:53 PM »
It doesn't matter what anyone wants, Snyder literally has his boys in the UP office and the AD.  I guess knock yourself out with debate about theoretical scenarios replacing him but he is on his own timeline.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2017, 01:13:24 PM »
I should probably clarify that I'm not exactly calling for Snyders head. Replacing a very successful coach with another one is really hard even at Texas. That being said it's absurdly frustrating when it seems 2-3 times a year we get out coached and it's not because the other coaches did something creative. Against Vanderbilt I could correctly indentify run vs pass or even what run play about 50% of the time. There are no-brainer moves that seemingly would have provided offense. And it's not just always the offense doing this. It gets old missing out on a couple wins because of pure stupidity. I know we're not the only program that loses a game or two like that a year, but when its that obvious to everyone in the stadium someone on the coaching staff should be noticing too.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2017, 01:16:31 PM »
It doesn't matter what anyone wants, Snyder literally has his boys in the UP office and the AD.  I guess knock yourself out with debate about theoretical scenarios replacing him but he is on his own timeline.

Yeah. It's another reason I'm less emotionally invested in raising a ruckus after losses like these because our opinions don't matter in the least. At least with Bruceketball there's a chance the AD doesn't have the blind loyalty to him that Currie did.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2017, 01:18:55 PM »
The upper echelon of mediocrity is really all we can expect as k-staters. I would like to hear how we plan to deal with the 80 year old dude making recruiting visits and the "Are you going to live til Im a SR?" argument.

Probably the same way he's dealt with it since 2009. He didn't get old yesterday. What the hell is your point? We're getting more talent now than we've had in the last 15 years.

"more talent now than we've had in the last 15 years." Hilarious. Where are these best in 15 year talents? I want some of what you're smoking. What impact are these top talents having? It's the same ol Snyder song and dance only the song sucks and the tempo is 1/2 of what it was. THe song has always gone sorta like this...  (1) Coach em up. (2) Pluck the juco retards and hope for the best [e.g keep them out of jail and enrolled] and (3) play crappy non con schedule and hope to win.

I usually dont argue with this philosophy because there has never been a season since 1992 (or ever) where if we didnt win our games we wouldn't be natl champs. Right now we're not seeing any of the three with any level of success.

To pile on further, the Big XII is in dire straits and the competition in the last 2-3 years has been lower than ever. If the BIG XII would have stayed healthy over the past several years, this Snyder conversation would be WAY past due by now and Snyder is likely home sipping Ensure and yelling for a pants change.

Snyder's song is old and the only reason to keep him around is sentimentality. Great guy, awesome success story -- but, sentimentality does not win football games and certainly doesnt win championships.

It only took 2 days to identify the pivot man on this circle jerk website. MakeItRain. Perfect name.

You new round here boy?
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2017, 02:21:53 PM »
Someone go ahead and get Greg a body bag.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2017, 02:59:36 PM »
I should probably clarify that I'm not exactly calling for Snyders head. Replacing a very successful coach with another one is really hard even at Texas. That being said it's absurdly frustrating when it seems 2-3 times a year we get out coached and it's not because the other coaches did something creative. Against Vanderbilt I could correctly indentify run vs pass or even what run play about 50% of the time. There are no-brainer moves that seemingly would have provided offense. And it's not just always the offense doing this. It gets old missing out on a couple wins because of pure stupidity. I know we're not the only program that loses a game or two like that a year, but when its that obvious to everyone in the stadium someone on the coaching staff should be noticing too.

This is not an excuse for the lack of creativity, shall we say, in the play calling department in Nashville, but have any of you considered that you have watched A LOT of KSU football and this is why plays can be so predictable to you? To an extent, Snyder has an approach that has worked well over his career and he's going to that well again guys. Saturday was disappointing, but I did not leave thinking we've got no shot at the conference title game.

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2017, 11:19:44 AM »
I'm in the camp of not being too worried after a loss, this sucked, but we will still get our 8 or 9 wins and have a spot on the college football map. The AD and Pres are not going to do much but rubber stamp the next coach and we know it will be Sean, which might be fun in a few different ways. The best chance at super awesomeness in sports will be when the impartial and non hands tied AD gets to select a new hoops coach. We got some decent talent, none good enough to go to the NBA a year early, so a good coach coming in with fire (the anti Oscar style) for 2018-19 will have a good start.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2017, 01:21:29 PM »
I'm in the camp of still being mad as heck because goals 11 and 13.

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2017, 06:40:05 PM »

This is not an excuse for the lack of creativity, shall we say, in the play calling department in Nashville, but have any of you considered that you have watched A LOT of KSU football and this is why plays can be so predictable to you? To an extent, Snyder has an approach that has worked well over his career and he's going to that well again guys. Saturday was disappointing, but I did not leave thinking we've got no shot at the conference title game.

Yeah we’ve all watched a ton of Cat football but the other teams have watched our tape from the past 5 years too