Author Topic: 2014-15 college basketball  (Read 134380 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2014-15 college basketball
« Reply #1500 on: April 03, 2015, 10:27:19 AM »
And really, guys, his decline started before that.

he never adjusted to the three point line.  which proves he was a dumbass long before he became senile.

Yeah, his last really great team was 92-93 (31-4) and Roy beat him in the Elite 8.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: April 03, 2015, 10:54:42 AM »
What kind of stick in the mud are you if you don't like Bill Walton?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: April 03, 2015, 10:56:57 AM »
What kind of stick in the mud are you if you don't like Bill Walton?

Well, it is the same guy that says birth control is genocide
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: April 04, 2015, 01:08:17 AM »
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/04/geno-auriemma-mens-game

his team wins every game by like 60 points

Geno can STFU. Men's college basketball is in a much better place than the women's game. The same 7 or 8 women's teams go to the F4 every year. Who wants to watch that? :zzz:

When does he find the time to watch men's ball? Maybe if wbb wasn't so easy to dominate, he'd have to less time to watch.

I've been too busy partying my face off in Omaha this week, no seriously, to address thus when it happened.

1. I'm guessing you guys didn't see the full quote, I mean it's linked in the article but USA Today and most of the sports media should share the fault for the ignorance happening with regards to what Geno said.
I mean women's basketball is behind the times.  Men's basketball is even further behind the times.  Every other major sport in the world has taken steps to help people be better on the offensive end of the floor.  They've moved in the fences in baseball, they lowered the mound.  They made the strike zone so you need a straw to put through it.  And in the NFL you touch a guy it's a penalty.  You hit the quarterback, you're out for life.  You know, in the NBA, you touch somebody in the perimeter, you whack guys like they used to do when scores were 90 to 75, they changed the rules.
This is entertainment we're talking about.  People have to decide, do I want to play 25 bucks, 30 bucks to go see a college scrum where everybody misses six out of every ten shots they take, or do I want to go to a movie?  We're fighting for the entertainment dollar, here, and I have to tell you it's not entertainment from a fan's standpoint.

2. As far as the lack of competitiveness with the women's game; I'm sure I don't have to point this out to you guys but the NCAA didn't have a women's championship until 1892 which means there have been 33 national championships awarded. The 33rd men's title was awarded in 1973. That year UCLA won their 10th in 11 years and that would eventually become 11 titles in 13 years. If UCONN finishes it off, it would be their 10 in 21 seasons. So historically the women's game compares pretty favorably with the men when it comes to competitive balance.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: April 04, 2015, 01:54:24 AM »
watching people mentally decline with age is very sad

This is the hoops board, steve dave.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: April 04, 2015, 12:23:22 PM »
watching people mentally decline with age is very sad

This is the hoops board, steve dave.

:lol:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

catzacker

« Reply #1506 on: April 04, 2015, 02:19:32 PM »

Geno can STFU. Men's college basketball is in a much better place than the women's game. The same 7 or 8 women's teams go to the F4 every year. Who wants to watch that? :zzz:

When does he find the time to watch men's ball? Maybe if wbb wasn't so easy to dominate, he'd have to less time to watch.

I've been too busy partying my face off in Omaha this week, no seriously, to address thus when it happened.

1. I'm guessing you guys didn't see the full quote, I mean it's linked in the article but USA Today and most of the sports media should share the fault for the ignorance happening with regards to what Geno said.
I mean women's basketball is behind the times.  Men's basketball is even further behind the times.  Every other major sport in the world has taken steps to help people be better on the offensive end of the floor.  They've moved in the fences in baseball, they lowered the mound.  They made the strike zone so you need a straw to put through it.  And in the NFL you touch a guy it's a penalty.  You hit the quarterback, you're out for life.  You know, in the NBA, you touch somebody in the perimeter, you whack guys like they used to do when scores were 90 to 75, they changed the rules.
This is entertainment we're talking about.  People have to decide, do I want to play 25 bucks, 30 bucks to go see a college scrum where everybody misses six out of every ten shots they take, or do I want to go to a movie?  We're fighting for the entertainment dollar, here, and I have to tell you it's not entertainment from a fan's standpoint.

2. As far as the lack of competitiveness with the women's game; I'm sure I don't have to point this out to you guys but the NCAA didn't have a women's championship until 1892 which means there have been 33 national championships awarded. The 33rd men's title was awarded in 1973. That year UCLA won their 10th in 11 years and that would eventually become 11 titles in 13 years. If UCONN finishes it off, it would be their 10 in 21 seasons. So historically the women's game compares pretty favorably with the men when it comes to competitive balance.

I find the nba less watchable now than it was back in the mid 80's through mid/late 90's.  And all the perimeter changes and the eventual shot clock change (basically trying to make college bball like nba) won't make the game any better.  Officials not blowing their whistle makes the game better, imo, everything else forces offense which sucks, imo.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: April 04, 2015, 05:29:42 PM »
Looks like we're gonna have an all Big Ten national championship game.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: April 04, 2015, 05:34:42 PM »
Tom Izzo is using all of his luck tonight
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: April 04, 2015, 05:36:42 PM »
Justise. LOL.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: April 04, 2015, 05:42:05 PM »
MIR, that's more of an argument against Wooden being good than Geno being great.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: April 04, 2015, 05:44:50 PM »
MIR, that's more of an argument against Wooden being good than Geno being great.
As evidenced by how many teams used to go undefeated as opposed to now.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: April 04, 2015, 07:48:17 PM »

I find the nba less watchable now than it was back in the mid 80's through mid/late 90's.  And all the perimeter changes and the eventual shot clock change (basically trying to make college bball like nba) won't make the game any better.  Officials not blowing their whistle makes the game better, imo, everything else forces offense which sucks, imo.

yes.  forced offense is boring imo.  i really don't care if the game is physical and hate fouls being called.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

The Big Train

« Reply #1513 on: April 04, 2015, 08:06:21 PM »
so how much does kentucky win by?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: April 04, 2015, 08:14:46 PM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: April 04, 2015, 08:20:00 PM »
Wisconsin has some huge balls.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: April 04, 2015, 08:22:46 PM »
yes. i regretfully respect/admire and hate them all at the same time.

c'mon cats
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: April 04, 2015, 08:40:52 PM »
this game is so much better than the duke game.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: April 04, 2015, 08:44:15 PM »
Wisconsin put up one hell of an effort, I'll give them that

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: April 04, 2015, 08:45:19 PM »
Basketball in a football stadium is a joke.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: April 04, 2015, 08:48:50 PM »
It's really not fair, they don't have any bad players. 

The Big Train

« Reply #1521 on: April 04, 2015, 08:51:16 PM »
Basketball in a football stadium is a joke.

i'm not a big fan either

The Big Train

« Reply #1522 on: April 04, 2015, 08:55:20 PM »
shaping up to be a great second half!  :popcorn:

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: April 04, 2015, 08:58:38 PM »
Bill raftery is BITB