Author Topic: Confessions of a Tea Party Casualty  (Read 8701 times)

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Confessions of a Tea Party Casualty
« on: August 04, 2010, 10:08:16 PM »
GOP Rep. Bob Inglis slams Republican demagoguery, bemoans anti-Semitic tea party conspiracy nonsense, decries Sarah Palin’s ignorance, and looks for a job.

Lots of good stuff from this soon-to-be ex-representative from South Carolina, including this bit:

I sat down, and they said on the back of your Social Security card, there's a number. That number indicates the bank that bought you when you were born based on a projection of your life's earnings, and you are collateral. We are all collateral for the banks. I have this look like, "What the heck are you talking about?" I'm trying to hide that look and look clueless. I figured clueless was better than argumentative. So they said, "You don't know this?! You are a member of Congress, and you don't know this?!" And I said, "Please forgive me. I'm just ignorant of these things." And then of course, it turned into something about the Federal Reserve and the Bilderbergers and all that stuff. And now you have the feeling of anti-Semitism here coming in, mixing in. Wow.

http://motherjones.com/politics/2010/08/bob-inglis-tea-party-casualty?page=1

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Confessions of a Tea Party Casualty
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 10:13:00 PM »
yep.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 10:27:06 PM »
GOP Rep. Bob Inglis slams Republican demagoguery, bemoans anti-Semitic tea party conspiracy nonsense, decries Sarah Palin’s ignorance, and looks for a job.

Lots of good stuff from this soon-to-be ex-representative from South Carolina, including this bit:

I sat down, and they said on the back of your Social Security card, there's a number. That number indicates the bank that bought you when you were born based on a projection of your life's earnings, and you are collateral. We are all collateral for the banks. I have this look like, "What the heck are you talking about?" I'm trying to hide that look and look clueless. I figured clueless was better than argumentative. So they said, "You don't know this?! You are a member of Congress, and you don't know this?!" And I said, "Please forgive me. I'm just ignorant of these things." And then of course, it turned into something about the Federal Reserve and the Bilderbergers and all that stuff. And now you have the feeling of anti-Semitism here coming in, mixing in. Wow.

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 01:35:26 AM »

LOL. Weak sauce.

Robert Byrd realized he was wrong many years ago and gradually became a liberal.

Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Byrd
Over his career, he held a wide variety of both liberal and conservative political views, starting his career as a conservative Southern Democrat. He filibustered against the 1964 Civil Rights Act and supported the Vietnam War, but later backed civil rights measures and criticized the Iraq War. Rating his voting record in 1964, the liberal lobbying group Americans for Democratic Action found that his views and the organization’s were aligned only 16 percent of the time, less than even conservative Republicans of the era; by 2005, he had an ADA rating of 95 percent. Conversely, the American Conservative Union rated Byrd a conservative in its first ratings in 1972.

In contrast, most other racist, segregationist, white supremacist Southern Democrats never repented and became right-wing Republicans. (See: Helms, Jesse and Thurmond, Strom.) Unfortunately, the racist converts to the Republican party had children:

http://www.newsweek.com/2010/04/25/are-tea-partiers-racist.html

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 06:20:55 AM »
It is well known that there were organized plans by satanist organizations to pose as Tea Partiers.

And I love the line about anti-semitism in the Tea Party.  You know, the group that actually stands up to defend Israel.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 08:33:21 AM »
It is well known that there were organized plans by satanist organizations to pose as Tea Partiers.

And I love the line about anti-semitism in the Tea Party.  You know, the group that actually stands up to defend Israel.

No one even knows what this means.  You really think Sarah Palin, Sharon Angle, Todd Tiahart et al. know two whole paragraphs about Israel and the Middle East?

Obviously some people think they have more of a stake in Israel's future because they need to bring about the end times, but for those of us on planet earth who care deeply about the Israeli PEOPLE, recognizing that endless war is not healthy for a state and that Israel must grapple with real numbers and real geography if it wishes to remain a Jewish democracy.  Building more walls and settlements delays that reckoning and continues the fantasy of a state that occupies the entire area from the sea to the Jordan.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 05:02:39 PM »

No one even knows what this means.  You really think Sarah Palin, Sharon Angle, Todd Tiahart et al. know two whole paragraphs about Israel and the Middle East?

Obviously some people think they have more of a stake in Israel's future because they need to bring about the end times, but for those of us on planet earth who care deeply about the Israeli PEOPLE, recognizing that endless war is not healthy for a state and that Israel must grapple with real numbers and real geography if it wishes to remain a Jewish democracy.  Building more walls and settlements delays that reckoning and continues the fantasy of a state that occupies the entire area from the sea to the Jordan.

What an elitist eff.  This post proves everything we know about you.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 05:06:13 PM »

What an elitist eff.  This post proves everything we know about you.

Curiosity isn't "elitist."

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 05:13:59 PM »

What an elitist shazbot!.  This post proves everything we know about you.

But dismissing someone, politician or not, as stupid because they have an "R" after their name, is!

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 05:18:23 PM »

But dismissing someone, politician or not, as stupid because they have an "R" after their name, is!
You do it if they have a "D", so are you just a hypocrite or what?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 05:24:22 PM »
anyone who doesn't call palin a 'tard is a hypocrite.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 06:33:22 PM »
The Tea Party Movement has been hijacked.

But you'll never convince me there isn't provocateurs in their midst as well, the Democrats are scared $hitless of this movement.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 06:43:03 PM »

But you'll never convince me there isn't provocateurs in their midst as well, the Democrats are scared $hitless of this movement.

Hijacked by who?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 06:55:52 PM »

I do not do that.  You just claimed the mantle of defender of Israel, I was 1) saying that hardliners do not constitute the entirety of Israel's friends 2) many people who claim to be a defender of Israel have a very bizarre rationale for doing so, which has little to do with the actual interests of the people of Israel.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 07:19:36 PM »

I do not do that.  You just claimed the mantle of defender of Israel, I was 1) saying that hardliners do not constitute the entirety of Israel's friends 2) many people who claim to be a defender of Israel have a very bizarre rationale for doing so, which has little to do with the actual interests of the people of Israel.

Like what? Just curious

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 07:52:10 PM »

you mean overjoyed by it.  'pubs are scared of it.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 08:07:53 PM »

you mean overjoyed by it.  'pubs are scared of it.

Absolutely right. Why would Democrats be scared of something that scares moderates away? It's manna from heaven.

The Democratic National Committee is today launching an effort to force Republicans "to stand with the Tea Party or disavow their beliefs," as DNC Spokeswoman Brandi Hoffine put it in a release.

The group is urging local reporters in 30 districts to press House Republican candidates and officeholders to specify whether they will join Rep. Michele Bachmann's Tea Party Caucus.

The DNC sent Hotsheet an example of one of the releases it plans to send out. It's entitled, "On the Tea Party, Where Does Eric Cantor Stand?"

"Tea Party Republicans have advocated extreme policies that would take our country backward and are not what the American people want," the release reads. "Now, faced with the choice of turning their back on the Tea Party or embracing these radical views, the question remains: does Eric Cantor intend to join the Tea Party Caucus in the House of Representatives and sign on to its out-of-the-mainstream positions? And if not, why?"

Democrats hope that by linking Republicans with the Tea Party movement they will keep moderates from casting ballots for GOP candidates in the midterm elections.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20012758-503544.html

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 09:34:42 PM »

Like what? Just curious

Google Hagee.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2010, 02:18:45 PM »
I think that in the beginning the "tea party" movement was mostly made up of educated, libertarian leaning people.  The advocation of the constitutional principals of liberty spread pretty quickly in the 18 or so months prior to the 2008 election.  Ron Paul and the Campaign for Liberty was the biggest catalyst in the growth of these beliefs. 

Of course at the time the main stream media, including the supposedly conservative FOXnews channel, lampooned Paul and as votes for Paul could hurt their chances of getting their guy elected.  Soon after the election the main stream conservative media, and political leaders started latching onto the most "hot button" views of the that movement.  In reality, this "tea party" movement, the one that 25% of Americans claim to be a part of is similar to the original ideas in name only. 

It's really quite sad.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2010, 02:39:02 PM »
I think that in the beginning the "tea party" movement was mostly made up of educated, libertarian leaning people.  The advocation of the constitutional principals of liberty spread pretty quickly in the 18 or so months prior to the 2008 election.  Ron Paul and the Campaign for Liberty was the biggest catalyst in the growth of these beliefs. 

Of course at the time the main stream media, including the supposedly conservative FOXnews channel, lampooned Paul and as votes for Paul could hurt their chances of getting their guy elected.  Soon after the election the main stream conservative media, and political leaders started latching onto the most "hot button" views of the that movement.  In reality, this "tea party" movement, the one that 25% of Americans claim to be a part of is similar to the original ideas in name only. 

It's really quite sad.

It's typical of most movements, be it political or otherwise.

Take for instance the Grunge/Alternative movement in music.  As more and more people became 'alternative,' the original founders of the movement found the entire genre drifting further from its roots.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2010, 03:15:15 PM »

It's really quite sad.

Take for instance the Grunge/Alternative movement in music.  As more and more people became 'alternative,' the original founders of the movement found the entire genre drifting further from its roots.

That isn't to say that Paul hasn't a number of lunatic supporters from the outset.  It is immensely ironic that today's "tea-baggers," are all for military occupation, decreased civil liberties, and more government intervention (as long is it helps with their personal agenda). 

I became a believer in Paul's message because it seemed as though he was the only one in any of the debates that made any kind of sense.  It was such a breath of fresh air.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2010, 05:05:54 PM »

It's really quite sad.

That isn't to say that Paul hasn't a number of lunatic supporters from the outset.  It is immensely ironic that today's "tea-baggers,"

I became a believer in Paul's message because it seemed as though he was the only one in any of the debates that made any kind of sense.  It was such a breath of fresh air.

:bigtoke:  or :jeffy: ?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2010, 07:31:18 PM »
I think that in the beginning the "tea party" movement was mostly made up of educated, libertarian leaning people.  The advocation of the constitutional principals of liberty spread pretty quickly in the 18 or so months prior to the 2008 election.  Ron Paul and the Campaign for Liberty was the biggest catalyst in the growth of these beliefs.  

Of course at the time the main stream media, including the supposedly conservative FOXnews channel, lampooned Paul and as votes for Paul could hurt their chances of getting their guy elected.  Soon after the election the main stream conservative media, and political leaders started latching onto the most "hot button" views of the that movement.  In reality, this "tea party" movement, the one that 25% of Americans claim to be a part of is similar to the original ideas in name only.  

It's really quite sad.

Take for instance the Grunge/Alternative movement in music.  As more and more people became 'alternative,' the original founders of the movement found the entire genre drifting further from its roots.

That isn't to say that Paul hasn't a number of lunatic supporters from the outset.  It is immensely ironic that today's "tea-baggers,"

I became a believer in Paul's message because it seemed as though he was the only one in any of the debates that made any kind of sense.  It was such a breath of fresh air.

:bigtoke:  or :jeffy: ?

neither, you rough ridin' dipshit.  I already voiced my opinions on the lunatic fringe.  I thought his views on foreign policy, both in the trade and defense sectors was impressive.  

the views are simple.

1. let people do what ever the eff they want as long as it doesn't impede on the rights of others
2. do not restrict trade with any nation
3. do not go to war unless there is an immediate threat and then declare war fight and win.  
3b. cut military spending back to year 2000 levels.

His stance on other "hot button" issues is the correct view as well.  For instance, get the gov. out of the marriage biz.  Let states decide whether or not abortion is legal.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 07:33:43 PM by nicname »

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2010, 10:39:51 PM »
I think that in the beginning the "tea party" movement was mostly made up of educated, libertarian leaning people.  The advocation of the constitutional principals of liberty spread pretty quickly in the 18 or so months prior to the 2008 election.  Ron Paul and the Campaign for Liberty was the biggest catalyst in the growth of these beliefs.  

Of course at the time the main stream media, including the supposedly conservative FOXnews channel, lampooned Paul and as votes for Paul could hurt their chances of getting their guy elected.  Soon after the election the main stream conservative media, and political leaders started latching onto the most "hot button" views of the that movement.  In reality, this "tea party" movement, the one that 25% of Americans claim to be a part of is similar to the original ideas in name only.  

It's really quite sad.

Take for instance the Grunge/Alternative movement in music.  As more and more people became 'alternative,' the original founders of the movement found the entire genre drifting further from its roots.

That isn't to say that Paul hasn't a number of lunatic supporters from the outset.  It is immensely ironic that today's "tea-baggers," are all for military occupation, decreased civil liberties, and more government intervention (as long is it helps with their personal agenda).

I became a believer in Paul's message because it seemed as though he was the only one in any of the debates that made any kind of sense.  It was such a breath of fresh air.

:bigtoke:  or :jeffy: ?

neither, you fracking dipshit.  I already voiced my opinions on the lunatic fringe.  I thought his views on foreign policy, both in the trade and defense sectors was impressive.  

the views are simple.

1. let people do what ever the shazbot! they want as long as it doesn't impede on the rights of others
2. do not restrict trade with any nation
3. do not go to war unless there is an immediate threat and then declare war fight and win.  
3b. cut military spending back to year 2000 levels.

His stance on other "hot button" issues is the correct view as well.  For instance, get the gov. out of the marriage biz.  Let states decide whether or not abortion is legal.

except:

Choose their own health insurance
Freely express their religion in public (unless its non-Christian)
Eat a double bacon cheeseburger
Living through birth
Profit
Petition the government for redress of grievances (unless you agree with them)
Keep and bear arms without infringement
Smoke
Attend the school of your choice
Have equal protection under the law
Buy gold

etc etc etc

Whatever they think you can't do. They know better than the rest of us "little people"

“The federal government – yes – can do most anything in this country,”

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2010, 11:00:28 PM »
Dirty Sanchez  :flush: