Author Topic: Jeremy Claeys  (Read 14737 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Jeremy Claeys
« on: August 02, 2010, 11:43:46 PM »
Can one of you shitheads who are "patriots" explain something to me?  Why do conservatives wrap themselves up in the flag and excuse everything from racism to letting poor people die by using the constitution and the bible as convenient excuses, but dumb asses like most of you and this jackass Claeys will crap on the constitution to greatly limit the voting pool by only allowing us fortunate enough to have a state issued photo ID to do so?  Also can someone please tell me how photo IDs can eliminate voter fraud?

Why?

How?

tia

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Jeremy Claeys
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 11:47:37 PM »
This seems like something pretty minor to get worked up about.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 11:50:21 PM »
Kinda pissed, thought this would be about multiple Jeromey Clarys.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 11:54:36 PM »
This seems like something pretty minor to get worked up about.

He decided to make it the cornerstone of his campaign, I didn't.

Considering a large part of my job is attempting to get photo ID's into the hands of adults that don't have them its a pretty big deal.  You'd be shocked at the amount of adults that for some reason or another don't have state issued photo IDs.  I guess I'm just not an elitist prick, I don't enjoy disenfranchising people :dunno:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 12:00:35 AM »
I have honestly never met a U.S. citizen over the age of 16 that does not have a photo id, though I probably would be surprised by the number of people who don't. Seriously, how do you function in day to day life with no id?

I will agree that making voter fraud your primary issue is pretty rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), though.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 12:04:34 AM »
I have honestly never met a U.S. citizen over the age of 16 that does not have a photo id, though I probably would be surprised by the number of people who don't. Seriously, how do you function in day to day life with no id?

I will agree that making voter fraud your primary issue is pretty rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), though.

What do you use a photo id for in day-to-day life?  I can't remember the last time I used an ID for anything other than buying alcohol or getting official documents for someone else.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 12:09:10 AM »
You need one to open an account at a bank. If you don't have a bank account, you need one to cash your paycheck. I have needed one for the application process of every job I have had. You need one to check in at the security desk at most federal buildings I've been to. You need one to drive a car. I seriously think that I have to show my id to someone more days than I don't.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 12:14:30 AM »
fortunate enough to have a state issued photo ID

I think anyone can get a state issued photo ID.  You just have to, like, get it.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 12:16:09 AM »

I think anyone can get a state issued photo ID.  You just have to, like, get it.

Exactly. It doesn't have to be a driver's license. I'm not sure if there's a fee involved, though.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 12:26:58 AM »
You need one to open an account at a bank.
Not an everyday thing, you can function without a bank account.  Even if you have an ID to open an account you can lose said ID while having an active account.
If you don't have a bank account, you need one to cash your paycheck.
No, no in fact you don't.

I have needed one for the application process of every job I have had.

I'm going to assume that you're college educated, there are many employers that will hire someone without a state issued photo ID
You need one to check in at the security desk at most federal buildings I've been to.

There are like 5 people in the country that go into Federal buildings as a daily routine.  Certainly you realize that most people never have a need to enter a federal building that requires an ID
You need one to drive a car.
How are you not getting this, I'm starting to wonder if you have any sense.  People that struggle with acquiring ID aren't going to have cars.  
I seriously think that I have to show my id to someone more days than I don't.
None of the scenarios you mentioned is a daily occurrence.  You don't open a bank account everyday, you don't cash a check everyday, as a matter of fact I'm guessing you have direct deposit.  If you do enter a federal building daily, I'm guessing you use a work ID to enter the building, not a state issued ID.  You show an ID when you drive if and only if you get pulled over by a 50.  Have your ID with you every moment, you use it very infrequently.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 12:39:01 AM »
Seriously though, not having an id sounds like it would be a huge pain in the ass. Do these people just not realize that they can go to the dmv and get one, or are they just too lazy to? I could understand if they were just too poor to, but like I said I don't even know if there is a fee.

Do you know anyone without an id that is actually a registered voter? It seems to me that voting would be a bigger pain in the ass than getting an id.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2010, 12:40:55 AM »

Exactly. It doesn't have to be a driver's license. I'm not sure if there's a fee involved, though.

How the hell are you going to argue this with me if you don't even know the basics of getting a state issued ID.  Yes there is a fee involved.  Most who don't have a state ID fall into 3 categories.

1.  Don't know how to get one and don't have someone who knows they don't have one or knows that the person doesn't know how to get one.  Most people like you two just assume that everyone knows how to get an ID, get out more, many people have serious issues, many people aren't bright.

2.  Can't afford an ID. Can't afford to get to a place that issues IDs

3.  Don't have proper documentation, like a birth certificate.  They just don't hand out state IDs to anyone who asks for one.  If you don't have a birth certificate getting one can be very expensive and very hard to acquire.  You need a birth certificate to get a state ID, getting an original birth certificate in many cases is tougher and more expensive than getting a photo ID.

Look this convo is nice but it isn't getting me the answers I'm looking for.  It is obvious that the two of you are naive about getting a state issued ID.  I'll ask again:  Why are people who supposedly love America and the Constitution so much so willing to crap on the premise of the founding of the country by disenfranchising a large sector of the population?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2010, 12:44:12 AM »
Not an everyday thing, you can function without a bank account.  Even if you have an ID to open an account you can lose said ID while having an active account.

I'm going to assume that you're college educated, there are many employers that will hire someone without a state issued photo ID
You need one to check in at the security desk at most federal buildings I've been to.

There are like 5 people in the country that go into Federal buildings as a daily routine.  Certainly you realize that most people never have a need to enter a federal building that requires an ID
How are you not getting this, I'm starting to wonder if you have any sense.  People that struggle with acquiring ID aren't going to have cars.  
None of the scenarios you mentioned is a daily occurrence.  You don't open a bank account everyday, you don't cash a check everyday, as a matter of fact I'm guessing you have direct deposit.  If you do enter a federal building daily, I'm guessing you use a work ID to enter the building, not a state issued ID.  You show an ID when you drive if and only if you get pulled over by a 50.  Have your ID with you every moment, you use it very infrequently.

I don't do any of these things every day (other than drive), but I do them all often enough that I end up showing my id to somebody 3-4 days per week. Also, I had no idea you could cash a check without a bank account or id. The last time I tried to cash a check at a bank that I did not hold an account at, I was not only required to show an id, but leave a thumbprint as well.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2010, 12:48:23 AM »
Seriously though, not having an id sounds like it would be a huge pain in the ass. Do these people just not realize that they can go to the dmv and get one, or are they just too lazy to? I could understand if they were just too poor to, but like I said I don't even know if there is a fee.

Do you know anyone without an id that is actually a registered voter? It seems to me that voting would be a bigger pain in the ass than getting an id.

Assuming that cost was the only issue, I think I have made it clear that it isn't, a KS ID (not a drivers license, which is obviously more expensive) is $20.  A birth certificate, depending on what you get and where you get it from could cost as much as $50.  You can register to vote and vote for free.  And obviously yes I do know registered voters, with jobs without IDs.  Did you forget the point of the topic?

Old people, poor people, tarded people, stupid people and more all have a hard time getting an ID.  If Claeys thinks a certain sector of Americans should be allowed to vote he should just come out and say so.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2010, 12:49:17 AM »

I don't do any of these things every day (other than drive), but I do them all often enough that I end up showing my id to somebody 3-4 days per week. Also, I had no idea you could cash a check without a bank account or id. The last time I tried to cash a check at a bank that I did not hold an account at, I was not only required to show an id, but leave a thumbprint as well.

My God you are sheltered, where do you live?  You ever see check cashing agencies?

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2010, 01:03:15 AM »

My God you are sheltered, where do you live?  You ever see check cashing agencies?

Check cashing agencies require photo ID as well.  No compnay is going to just trust someone in exchange for cash.  Birth certs only cost $15.  State IDs run $16 and there are dozens of different acceptable forms of documentation that can be used to obtain one.  They have your picture on file man, it's really not hard to get a DL/ID, even after having your wallet or purse lost/stolen.  There is really no excuse to not have some form of legally required ID.  Except laziness, but those people probably won't bother to register and actually vote anyway.

http://www.kdheks.gov/vital/birth.html
http://www.ksrevenue.org/dmvproof.htm

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2010, 01:05:58 AM »

I've seen them but never used them. Don't those places charge you money to cash your check? I always just assumed they would require an id. :dunno:

I'm not really saying you're wrong, and I do think that these people should be allowed to vote. I just have serious doubts that many, if any, of these people without id's actually exercise their right to vote.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2010, 01:14:15 AM »
I don't give a damn if they require I'd to vote or not.  I just don't like people trying to use laziness as an excuse for anything and I see not carrying I'd as a pretty sure sign of laziness.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2010, 01:54:16 AM »

Check cashing agencies require photo ID as well.  No compnay is going to just trust someone in exchange for cash.  Birth certs only cost $15.  State IDs run $16 and there are dozens of different acceptable forms of documentation that can be used to obtain one.  They have your picture on file man, it's really not hard to get a DL/ID, even after having your wallet or purse lost/stolen.  There is really no excuse to not have some form of legally required ID.  Except laziness, but those people probably won't bother to register and actually vote anyway.

First of all, not all check cashing agencies make you show an ID to cash a check.  I can walk into at least half a dozen places in Wichita right now, that I know will let someone cash a check without ID.   Can you rough ridin' read?  Didn't I say a birth certificate could cost up to $50 depending on where you get it from?  Not every person living in Kansas was actually born in Kansas you stupid eff.  They don't have a photo on file if you never got an ID, are you even following the conversation?  You are talking about replacement IDs, that has nothing to do with this topic, nothing.  You keep focusing on money as the only thing preventing someone from getting an ID, I am pretty sure I listed other factors.  By the way here is the list of required documents:
   1. Certified U.S. birth certificate (federal, state, county, Dept. of Justice)
   2. Birth Certificate from a U.S. territory (Puerto Rico, Guam, US Virgin Islands, and US Samoa)
   3. U. S. Passport or Passport Card - not expired
   4. U. S. Military ID - not expired (active duty, dependent, retired, reserve or National Guard)
   5. Certified Order of Adoption-original U.S. document
   6. Certificate of Naturalization with intact photo (Form N-550, N-570 or N-578)or Certificate of U.S. Citizenship (Form N-560, N-561 or N-645)
   7. U.S. military Common Access Card with photo, DOB, name and branch of service
   8. U.S. government-issued Consular Report of Birth Abroad

The birth certificate is the easiest of these things to acquire. 

The issue has nothing to do with laziness, and even if it did so what?  Was there a provision about perceived laziness from dumb rough ridin', fat, closed-minded, ass rapists like yourself in the 13th, 14th, 15th, 19th, 24th, or 26th Amendments to the Constitution of the United States of America?  I feel like you are a shitty poster can I have the mods stop you from posting?

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2010, 02:23:54 AM »

First of all, not all check cashing agencies make you show an ID to cash a check.  I can walk into at least half a dozen places in Wichita right now, that I know will let someone cash a check without ID.   Can you rough ridin' read?  Didn't I say a birth certificate could cost up to $50 depending on where you get it from?  Not every person living in Kansas was actually born in Kansas you stupid eff.  They don't have a photo on file if you never got an ID, are you even following the conversation?  You are talking about replacement IDs, that has nothing to do with this topic, nothing.  You keep focusing on money as the only thing preventing someone from getting an ID, I am pretty sure I listed other factors.  By the way here is the list of required documents:
   1. Certified U.S. birth certificate (federal, state, county, Dept. of Justice)
   2. Birth Certificate from a U.S. territory (Puerto Rico, Guam, US Virgin Islands, and US Samoa)
   3. U. S. Passport or Passport Card - not expired
   4. U. S. Military ID - not expired (active duty, dependent, retired, reserve or National Guard)
   5. Certified Order of Adoption-original U.S. document
   6. Certificate of Naturalization with intact photo (Form N-550, N-570 or N-578)or Certificate of U.S. Citizenship (Form N-560, N-561 or N-645)
   7. U.S. military Common Access Card with photo, DOB, name and branch of service
   8. U.S. government-issued Consular Report of Birth Abroad

The birth certificate is the easiest of these things to acquire. 

The issue has nothing to do with laziness, and even if it did so what?  Was there a provision about perceived laziness from dumb rough ridin', fat, closed-minded, ass rapists like yourself in the 13th, 14th, 15th, 19th, 24th, or 26th Amendments to the Constitution of the United States of America?  I feel like you are a shitty poster can I have the mods stop you from posting?

So, I'll just go ahead and assume that you are one of the lazy deadbeats that can't bother or afford to go pick up a state ID, but can afford exorbitant check cashing fees at locations spread-out throughout the city.  I'm glad that you won't be able to vote anymore, though I doubt you ever bothered to put the bongs and Bob Marley CDs aside long enough to vote before anyway.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2010, 03:04:32 AM »
It sounds like some form of mental illness or substance abuse is a major factor for not being able to get a state issued ID. Allowing these people to vote doesn't seem like it would be a priority over keeping non-citizens and dead people from voting. Not to mention one person voting 20 times.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2010, 03:25:27 AM »
It sounds like some form of mental illness or substance abuse is a major factor for not being able to get a state issued ID. Allowing these people to vote doesn't seem like it would be a priority over keeping non-citizens and dead people from voting. Not to mention one person voting 20 times.

So humoring old wives tales is the price of denigrating the Constitution that "patriots' care for so deeply, good to know?  So this is more important than potentially not allowing a tax paying US citizen the right to vote?  So why stop there?  I hear people vote based on what they hear on advertisements, so lets give a test based on candidates issues before you get a ballot, if you fail no vote.  I hear people like jtksu get to vote, so lets give an IQ test before putting a name on the voter registry, you fail, you don't vote.  I hear some people vote based on who someone told them to vote for so lets give a lie detector as well, you fail you don't vote.  I hear some people vote just so they can get a free cookie, lets take a finger prick and get their blood sugar levels, you need sugar, you will take your ass home without voting.

Why did this become a big issue after the '08 election?  Kinda weird.  It wasn't an issue in '00, '04, and '06 and anytime before when there were many places with voting irregularities.  What was so different about the '08 election that made this a conservative talking point?  Minorities finally turned out to the polls to match their turnout number to their population of the country and angry white people want to blame the election results on millions of illegal aliens voting and hundreds of thousands of dead people and alive cheating libs voting 6 dozen times.

I would respect the conservative that could just admit that this policy focus is insanely hypocritical.  The country was founded on voting rights and some want to rescind the rights of fellow Americans.  Ronnie is rolling over in his grave

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2010, 07:36:08 AM »
I thought you weren't coming back.

Darn.

Voting is the most important right given to citizens by the Constitution.  It is not asking too much for an individual to prove they are a citizen to exercise that right.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2010, 09:57:36 AM »
I thought you weren't coming back.

Darn.

Voting is the most important right given to citizens by the Constitution.  It is not asking too much for an individual to prove they are a citizen to exercise that right.

A drivers license doesn't prove your citizenship in all but a few states. Heck, even a fraudulent passport can be easily obtained with a birth certificate printed off on your home printer and the social security number of a dead person.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2010, 10:22:43 AM »
'clams obtained a photo ID for his cat.