Author Topic: Hello Politics Board people!  (Read 14785 times)

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Politics Board people!
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2010, 10:03:49 PM »
But yet he doesn't see Hamas as a terrorist organization and there is serious question about where some of the money came from for construction of the mosque.  Sometimes 2 + 2 actually does equal 4.

This is the same weak-ass guilt by association and innuendo that the Right tried (and failed miserably) to take down Obama with.

Robert Wright has a terrific column that lays the smackdown on all of this: http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/07/20/a-mosque-maligned/

I'm looking forward to the Ground Zero strip club.  :drool:

Just because the media didn't pay attention to Obama's associations, doesn't make them something that shouldn't be paid attention to.

Actually the media was all over Obama's associations. However, they shouldn't have been, since the associations were meaningless.

Yup... Even JournoList was doing everything it could to distance Obama from Jeremiah Wright.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2010, 10:13:19 PM »
    Feisal Abdul Rauf (ECTN) Jihadwatch

Feisal Abdul Rauf, a New York imam, expects us to believe that jihad warfare was started by the West and can only be ended by the West. He is therefore either concealing or ignorant of the fact that violent jihad is a developed tradition within Islam and found in core Islamic texts (including but not limited to the Qur'an, as well as Hadith and books of Islamic jurisprudence). In those it has nothing to do with the behavior of infidels. It only has to do with the fact that they are infidels. Take, for example, this quotation from the Muslim prophet Muhammad:

When you meet your enemies who are polytheists, invite them to three courses of action. If they respond to any one of these, you also accept it and withold yourself from doing them any harm. Invite them to (accept) Islam; if they respond to you, accept it from them and desist from fighting against them. . . . If they refuse to accept Islam, demand from them the Jizya. If they agree to pay, accept it from them and hold off your hands. If they refuse to pay the tax, seek Allah's help and fight them. (Sahih Muslim, book 019, Number 4294)

That is offensive jihad. It is buttressed by numerous other sayings of the Prophet, by the Qur'an, and by Islamic legal scholars. But Feisal Abdul Rauf puts it all on the West, and gets invited to Australia by Premier Bob Carr.

The US and the West must acknowledge the harm they have done to Muslims before terrorism can end, says an Islamic cleric invited to Sydney by Premier Bob Carr.

New York-based Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, who impressed Mr Carr at an international conference last year, arrives in Sydney today for two weeks of meetings and public talks.

Speaking from his New York mosque, Imam Feisal said the West had to understand the terrorists' point of view.

In a move likely to cause controversy with church leaders, Imam Feisal said it was Christians who started mass attacks on civilians.

"The Islamic method of waging war is not to kill innocent civilians. But it was Christians in World War II who bombed civilians in Dresden and Hiroshima, neither of which were military targets."

This is outrageously specious, but it depends on the ignorance of the listeners. The bombings of Dresden and Hiroshima were not justified by the bombers on the basis of Christian theology. The bombings by terrorists -- 9/11, 3/11, etc. -- are justified on the basis of Islamic theology. By claiming that they are equivalent, Abdul Rauf obscures the Islamic roots of modern-day terrorism, thus hindering the prospects for the reform within Islam that is so desperately needed if jihad terrorism is ever going to cease.

Imam Feisal said the bombing in Madrid had made his message more urgent. He said there was an endless supply of angry young Muslim rebels prepared to die for their cause and there was no sign of the attacks ending unless there was a fundamental change in the world.

Yes indeed. But displaying a lack of the self-critical faculty that he shares with radical Muslims, he makes no mention, at least according to this report, of the Islamic roots of terror, and of the need for Muslims who truly (rather than deceptively) oppose terror to address this problem.

Imam Feisal, who argues for a Western style of Islam that promotes democracy and tolerance, said there could be little progress until the US acknowledged backing dictators and the US President gave an "America Culpa" speech to the Muslim world.

Of course. The historical depredations of jihad, they were all the fault of the West. The fall of Constantinople? Probably because of Byzantium's support for Israel.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2010, 10:34:52 PM »
New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg says it would be "un-American" to investigate a mosque  that is planned for construction near where the World Trade Center once stood. Well .. I guess that makes me and a whole bunch of my fellow citizens "un-American." I want to know who is funding this Islamic atrocity at ground zero. You might be interested in knowing that Muslims have a rich history of building Mosques at the sites of their great conquests. Many Muslims consider 9/11 to be a great conquest. Connect the dots.

Online 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2010, 11:33:31 PM »
Stop calling it the Ground Zero mosque you dumb eff. It's two blocks away in one of the largest cities in the world.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2010, 11:36:59 PM »
Douchehats like the republitards in this thread need to get a reality check.  A bunch of crazies flew planes into buildings, not a religion. 

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2010, 11:50:03 PM »
Douchehats like the republitards in this thread need to get a reality check.  A bunch of crazies flew planes into buildings, not a religion. 

A well-noted religion-bigot defending religion now.  LOL.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2010, 11:51:14 PM »
i go to church every week  :dunno:

just defending common sense, something you "birthers" and "9/11 mosquers" forgot about.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2010, 12:07:24 AM »
OK_Cat,

You may be right on this topic. However, you come off as a huge asshat, which i realize is what you are wanting to accomplish. But it makes it really hard to agree with you, imo.

Sincerely,

Your non-goEMAW.com poster of the week.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2010, 12:13:43 AM »
    Feisal Abdul Rauf (ECTN) Jihadwatch

Feisal Abdul Rauf, a New York imam, expects us to believe [etc...]

Wow. A religious leader believing stupid and wrong things -- I'm shocked!  :rolleyes:

If that were grounds for disallowing a place of worship, we'd have to tear down just about every church, mosque and synagogue in America. Fortunately, the First Amendment allows all stupid religions, not just your preferred stupid religion.

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2010, 12:19:39 AM »
New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg says it would be "un-American" to investigate a mosque  that is planned for construction near where the World Trade Center once stood. Well .. I guess that makes me and a whole bunch of my fellow citizens "un-American." I want to know who is funding this Islamic atrocity at ground zero. You might be interested in knowing that Muslims have a rich history of building Mosques at the sites of their great conquests. Many Muslims consider 9/11 to be a great conquest. Connect the dots.

:jeffy:

So, I'm a little new here, but it's awesome that that emoticon is named after Jeffy. It makes so much sense now.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2010, 12:24:19 AM »
If the anti-mosquers let them build a giant ground zero mosque, the anti-mosquers could fly a plane into it.  :dunno:

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2010, 08:41:40 AM »
They can build it as soon as a church or synagogue is able to be built anywhere in saudi arabia.

The responses to this post prove one thing: its hard to see tongue in cheek with head up ass.  jOKe cat proves this with every post.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2010, 09:04:02 AM »

Are you being honest with yourself?  Why don't you quit going?  Are you afraid to disappoint the family?  Have you stood up in front of the congregation and told them you don't believe in their zombie in the sky?

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2010, 09:05:18 AM »

Are you being honest with yourself?  Why don't you quit going?  Are you afraid to disappoint the family?  Have you stood up in front of the congregation and told them you don't believe in their zombie in the sky?

I think he means he's the janitor at the church.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2010, 09:52:20 AM »
Stop calling it the Ground Zero mosque you dumb shazbot!. It's two blocks away in one of the largest cities in the world.

You guys do realize that a huge part of one of the planes went through the roof of the building in question, crashing through several floors, rendering int unusable. I am sure that was a major consideration as to where the Muslim Center would have the biggest impact for their monument to 9/11, short of within the footprint of the twin towers.

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2010, 11:33:04 AM »

You're questioning his religiosity because he believes other religions should have the same freedoms his does? Maybe you should try believing in freedom too.

Myself, I don't go to church and think humanity would be better off without religion, but people should be free to practice it until the day they're ready to give it up.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2010, 12:14:43 PM »

You're questioning his religiosity because he believes other religions should have the same freedoms his does? Maybe you should try believing in freedom too.

Myself, I don't go to church and think humanity would be better off without religion, but people should be free to practice it until the day they're ready to give it up.

Huh?  He's frequently denied religion, but continues to attend church.  There are obviously ulterior motives.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2010, 12:56:10 PM »
why do you hate freedom?

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2010, 12:57:50 PM »
why do you hate freedom?

you lose

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2010, 01:51:54 PM »
why do you hate freedom?

Poster of the Week fail.

Offline Fitz Bath

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2010, 01:53:27 PM »
They can build it as soon as a church or synagogue is able to be built anywhere in saudi arabia.

The responses to this post prove one thing: its hard to see tongue in cheek with head up ass.  jOKe cat proves this with every post.

Was Newt Gingrich being tounge in cheek when he said it?

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2010, 02:19:54 PM »

Huh?  He's frequently denied religion, but continues to attend church.  There are obviously ulterior motives.

So, I'm a little new here

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2010, 02:49:36 PM »

Ask him, not me.

Offline Fitz Bath

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2010, 03:16:07 PM »

The responses to this post prove one thing: its hard to see tongue in cheek with head up ass.  jOKe cat proves this with every post.

Ask him, not me.

You parrot a talking point from someone completely serious in his statement and then play you it off as a joke when called out on it. Wtf.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2010, 06:37:01 PM »

The responses to this post prove one thing: its hard to see tongue in cheek with head up ass.  jOKe cat proves this with every post.

Ask him, not me.

You parrot a talking point from someone completely serious in his statement and then play you it off as a joke when called out on it. Wtf.

A parrot hears things from someone or something else.  I never heard Newt say this.