Author Topic: Joe Barton  (Read 1532 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Joe Barton
« on: June 17, 2010, 12:47:38 PM »
"I am ashamed of what happened at the White House yesterday," Barton said. "I think it is a tragedy of the first proportion that a private corporation can be subjected to what I would consider a shakedown, in this case a $20 billion shakedown."

Thoughts?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Barton
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 01:04:56 PM »
"I am ashamed of what happened at the White House yesterday," Barton said. "I think it is a tragedy of the first proportion that a private corporation can be subjected to what I would consider a shakedown, in this case a $20 billion shakedown."

Thoughts?

Sheer thuggery.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 01:28:50 PM »
BP must feel like Nebraska and Colorado do right about now.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 01:48:21 PM »
The saddest part of this whole mess was turning down all of the offers for giant skimmers from Belgium, Holland, and Norway in the first week of the spill. Had those ships been moved into the gulf immediately, the oil may have never reached the shore. Hundreds of thousands of barrels would have already been recovered. They still have not been allowed to help. Seems stupid, no? :frown:

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 02:31:09 PM »

Thoughts?

That's pretty much the job description of a community organizer.  He's not progressed at all.   :dunno: :users:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 03:06:00 PM »
The saddest part of this whole mess was turning down all of the offers for giant skimmers from Belgium, Holland, and Norway in the first week of the spill. Had those ships been moved into the gulf immediately, the oil may have never reached the shore. Hundreds of thousands of barrels would have already been recovered. They still have not been allowed to help. Seems stupid, no? :frown:

It's very stupid.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 05:14:46 PM »

Thoughts?

That's pretty much the job description of a community organizer.  He's not progressed at all.   :dunno: :users:

No wonder jesse jackson has some bitterness toward him.  Extorted more money in 20 minutes than he's done in 40 years.

Offline Fitz Bath

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 08:08:58 PM »
This reminds me of that old guy apologizing to Dick Cheney after Cheney shot him in the face.