Author Topic: Any advice confronting my kids liberal history teacher on white privilege?  (Read 3901 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
A little context first. We live in California so our kids go to a private Christian school. The reason we pay for a private school is we want a different world view than is being taught in the public schools. His teacher is new this year and came from a public school.

They utilize a teaching model called the harkness model where it's required to participate in group discussions and if you don't you get points taken off. No problem with that. They are doing a unit on slavery and she asked my son if he felt any sense of responsibility or white privilege because of what was done to the slaves by white people. We had discussed this question at home and I told him to answer no because I didn't do anything to black people so I have nothing to feel guilty about. She said his answer "is trying to cause unnecessary attention from the teacher" then she called him out in the hall after class and grilled him about why he doesn't feel any sense of responsibility. Keep in mind this is 8th grade. If it was college I'd have no problem with asking him to defend his position. She basically threatened him with the phrase this is going to cause "unnecessary attention" once again.

We have a parent conference today. Not a great way to start off the first week of school.

sidenote: the other kids say she wears lowcut shirts, short skirts and tries way too hard so I doubt she lasts very long at the school anyway.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
did you login under the wrong name or is this a quote from someone else?
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
is libliblibliblibliblib actually sys?
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
lib is happily married and been living in California for at least 10 years now.  The stuff he normally posts is just a schtick.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Thanks for writing, lib, and I'm sorry to hear school is off to a rough start with your little one!

There is really only one solution here: home school.  The unfortunate reality is that in today's society you cannot completely protect your children from other people's "world views."  It sounds like you have been doing a great job up until this point if you legitimately need advice on how to talk to a teacher after 8+ years of schooling, but it is simply inevitable that some degenerate will sneak into those school walls eventually (the slutty teacher in this case). 

If you truly want to keep owning the libs and their anti-white agenda, you need to retreat to a safe space ASAP.

Best
-Catastrophe

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Sounds like that teacher needs a boot in the ass.

MAGA

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Take this fight straight to the principle, lib. Settle for nothing less than a public apology and a new teacher for your son.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
lib is happily married and been living in California for at least 10 years now.  The stuff he normally posts is just a schtick.

Glad to see someone has been paying attention  :thumbs:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Report back on the shirts and skirts.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
I believe she is the one wanting attention.  Take it up with her boss.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Is this for real? I’d be rough ridin' pissed if this happened to my kid. And you bet your ass the principal would be hearing about it. Go get em Lib7. And I’m sorry you’re going through this.

If you want to be cute with the teacher, ask her if she believes in white privilege and, if so, whether she intends to adjust the grades of her black students to compensate. Ask her whether she considers it racist to infer that all white people have a familial connection to those involved in the slave trade, and whether she has stopped to consider that there might be a black student in her class who is also descended from slave traders.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
UPDATE AFTER MEETING WITH THE TEACHER TONIGHT:

I'm actually more fired up than I was when I made this initial post. She said that when my son said he felt no guilt for slavery in our country the entire class gasped. Her tactic was to say my sons views were the outlier views. When I would make a point there was no acknowledgement of the facts I presented and we just went round and round and nothing was agreed upon. All I said at the end was despite the difference of opinion here I just want to make sure my son is respectful and that his views even if different are ok.

I explained to her that as part of a slavery curriculum that in addition to teaching that slavery was horrible she should be teaching that Christians were the main ones that stood up for abolishing slavery and that approximately 300,000 white people died fighting against it and our country should be proud of the only country on earth where slavery existed that we abolished it. No acknowledgement from her. She just kept saying that we still have racism today and we even still have slavery in the US today. I told her after the war black people had the right to go back to Africa and TODAY black people could go back to Africa if they are still suffering from slavery but they don't. Again no acknowledgement. This is going to be a long year.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
And the shirt/skirt situation?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
oh my

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
Mind blown, now suspecting seven might not be a dumbass, need name change to pubpubpubpubpubpubpub,  also might add it’s a really dumb schtick so he is probably
Still a dumbass  :lol:
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
I'd just blame the slavery on the libs. Easy and accurate.  :thumbs:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Lib,

Sounds like you handled the meeting very well. One suggestion: although it is a solid argument that blacks can go back to Africa if they don’t like it here, I’m concerned that some people may take it the wrong way. To avoid any misunderstandings, next time make sure to point out that you have black friends.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That guy (not lib but whoever he is quoting) and the teacher and the kid are all huge dumbasses.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Lib,

Sounds like you handled the meeting very well. One suggestion: although it is a solid argument that blacks can go back to Africa if they don’t like it here, I’m concerned that some people may take it the wrong way. To avoid any misunderstandings, next time make sure to point out that you have black friends.

After the Civil War was over the US. allocated $600,000 to relocate slaves back to Africa. Some blacks did go back to Africa in what is today Liberia. The capital of Liberia, Monrovia was named after president Monroe who helped black people go back to Africa.

Frederick Douglas said he didn't want black slaves to go back to Africa but it was an easily available option.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
this thread is great

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
My wife's families came from Russia in the 1910s and Greece in the 1960s, but at least she understands why she is responsible for slavery in the USA.  Not sure why lib and his kids can't just accept that they are responsible
:adios:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
I think white ppl needing to admit their white guilt is my favorite thing about 2018.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
If you didn’t mention the black people owned lots of slaves and then shamed over her attire you did it wrong.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
WTF is white privilege and why does an 8-year old have a slave?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd