Author Topic: A Fine Line  (Read 14676 times)

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: A Fine Line
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2017, 08:45:48 PM »
Right, they're are both too drunk to consent. But in a real life guy/girl scenario it might be considered that he raped her. But in reality they both raped each other.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2017, 08:46:11 PM »
why do you have to be drunk?  what if you're sober and neither gives consent?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2017, 08:48:17 PM »
Right, they're are both too drunk to consent. But in a real life guy/girl scenario it might be considered that he raped her. But in reality they both raped each other.

Girls can't rape guys.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2017, 08:50:51 PM »
why do you have to be drunk?  what if you're sober and neither gives consent?

That could happen too. But if you are drunk it could be argued that you can't legally give consent so I was making this scenario as more a clearly did not give consent situation.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2017, 08:51:57 PM »

Girls can't rape guys.

How about sexually assaulting him?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2017, 08:52:54 PM »

Not okay: when there could be confusion about who raped whom

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2017, 08:55:00 PM »
I’m just saying, Wacky is like a poet managing to work this motif into so many different threads.

Almost as many times as mentioning the drink specials at Bar Louie.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2017, 08:55:00 PM »
I? don’t understand #9. How do 2 people have sex without either one giving consent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neither of them expressed their consent.
In today's society guys are told they should get "enthusiastic consent" to make sure they are not raping anyone. But what if they don't? Is there a possibility that they raped the girl because she was too drunk to consent? But then wasn't he too drunk to consent too?
I’m not sure I’ve ever been given enthusiastic consent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2017, 09:01:14 PM »

Girls can't rape guys.

How about sexually assaulting him?

Yes.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2017, 09:02:19 PM »
uh, a woman can def rape a man
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2017, 09:23:59 PM »
Apparently nobody watched leftovers here.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2017, 09:30:44 PM »

Well of course she can but no one will believe him.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2017, 09:42:25 PM »
We'll have to wait another 25 years for this to come out unfortunately.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2017, 10:04:52 PM »

Neither raped the other. They certainly didn't "rape each other." That's just stupid. If you think that's even possible, I'd suggest you have stretched the definition of rape too far. Thought experiment: try telling that to a real rape victim. Good grief.

What it does mean is that if one person accuses the other of rape, the accused can't claim that the accuser consented. But that still doesn't automatically make the accused guilty of rape. (And it would certainly be interesting if the accused turned the tables and claimed the accuser committed rape because the accused likewise did not consent).

To avoid this potential legal absurdity, some states have clarified that having sex with someone who is too drunk to give consent is only rape if the accused understood that the the other person is incapacitated. That means neither side is guilty of rape if they were both truly drunk - it's just two drunk people having sex. Which happens all the damned time.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 11:10:28 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2017, 11:24:24 PM »

Neither raped the other. They certainly didn't "rape each other." That's just stupid. If you think that's even possible, I'd suggest you have stretched the definition of rape too far. Thought experiment: try telling that to a real rape victim. Good grief.

What it does mean is that if one person accuses the other of rape, the accused can't claim that the accuser consented. But that still doesn't automatically make the accused guilty of rape. (And it would certainly be interesting if the accused turned the tables and claimed the accuser committed rape because the accused likewise did not consent).

To avoid this potential legal absurdity, some states have clarified that having sex with someone who is too drunk to give consent is only rape if the accused understood that the the other person is incapacitated. That means neither side is guilty of rape if they were both truly drunk - it's just two drunk people having sex. Which happens all the damned time.

Leave it to ol K-S-U to take a hard stance on what is and isn't "real rape"

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2017, 12:02:05 AM »
Leeann Tweeden is a rough ridin' clown taking advantage of our false outrage society. Al Franken kissed this person as she admitted as a skit, and he did not grope her tits. He mocked grabbing her tits over the top of a kevlar vest as a clear joke. Her contention that she was asleep in all of that gear is laughable. For the sake of our society I hope Franken fights back and he has allies courageous enough to call a very obvious space a very obvious spade.

I think calling for an ethics investigation of himself is a pretty good way to handle it. Not 100% sure though. What he did was pretty weird.

I agree on the ethics investigation, I hope he uses it to expose her pretty obvious exaggerations

Another perspective that I don't disagree with:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/democrats-missed-a-chance-to-draw-a-line-in-the-sand-on-sexual-misconduct/?ex_cid=538fb

Proof that really smart people can have really dumb opinions. I mean he should have used his eyes to form the opinion on the photo in the first place, but I wonder if he has changed his mind since it has been revealed that she asked for that pose to be done.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2017, 12:16:39 AM »
Leeann Tweeden is a rough ridin' clown taking advantage of our false outrage society. Al Franken kissed this person as she admitted as a skit, and he did not grope her tits. He mocked grabbing her tits over the top of a kevlar vest as a clear joke. Her contention that she was asleep in all of that gear is laughable. For the sake of our society I hope Franken fights back and he has allies courageous enough to call a very obvious space a very obvious spade.

I think calling for an ethics investigation of himself is a pretty good way to handle it. Not 100% sure though. What he did was pretty weird.

I agree on the ethics investigation, I hope he uses it to expose her pretty obvious exaggerations

I agree with MIR, he has sniffed out the bs on this one.  We agree on a lot of things lately.  MIR does your bs detector work on the judge Moore accusations too?

When I initially heard it, yeah I thought the timing was fishy and weird. The 30+ sources, and mall banning later, that creep definitely perved on teenage girls. However, the Beverley Young stuff seems like about 10 steps farther than the other allegations, but I can't call her a liar because unlike Tweeden, there's no contradictory evidence.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2017, 05:13:43 AM »

I agree with MIR, he has sniffed out the bs on this one.  We agree on a lot of things lately.  MIR does your bs detector work on the judge Moore accusations too?

When I initially heard it, yeah I thought the timing was fishy and weird. The 30+ sources, and mall banning later, that creep definitely perved on teenage girls. However, the Beverley Young stuff seems like about 10 steps farther than the other allegations, but I can't call her a liar because unlike Tweeden, there's no contradictory evidence.

Beverley’s yearbook stuff is unraveling, Moore’s attorney said get that evidence in here and we will have handwriting analysis done on it, then yesterday Allred admits they are not sure Moore signed it and did not take Moore up on the offer.  This one hasn’t felt real to me either.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2017, 06:29:31 AM »
I milked a cow by hand.  It was fun.  I even slapped  bossy on the butt.  Big udders, warm, she didn’t like to be milked.   Maw would of killed me if I used these techniques on critters.  Of course many people have stooped to animals when it comes to sex.  Proof.  These questions.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2017, 06:46:42 AM »
Reno makes an interesting point

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2017, 06:48:29 AM »
Well it relates with this thread and I'm throwing myself out there that one of us, disgusted as you maybe, had said scenario. I wasn't a creep. Her family told me she had a crush on me and they really liked me, so  she was my first love. If we were together nowadays nobody would blink an eye. She contacted me every year up until my engagement.

So what happened? Why'd you break this girl's heart?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2017, 08:09:12 AM »
Wacky knows he's a creeper. Why else would he name the sexual assault thread as Wackycat Harvey Weinstein Thread?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2017, 08:21:24 AM »
Well it relates with this thread and I'm throwing myself out there that one of us, disgusted as you maybe, had said scenario. I wasn't a creep. Her family told me she had a crush on me and they really liked me, so  she was my first love. If we were together nowadays nobody would blink an eye. She contacted me every year up until my engagement.

So what happened? Why'd you break this girl's heart?
You know how this story ends. She started banging a KU linebacker at 17.  :dubious:
Wacky knows he's a creeper. Why else would he name the sexual assault thread as Wackycat Harvey Weinstein Thread?
SD named that thread.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2017, 09:16:21 AM »
Actually, I did not know that. Sorry bud.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2017, 09:18:35 AM »

Leave it to ol K-S-U to take a hard stance on what is and isn't "real rape"
It is a real problem the way the we are watering down terms to where they don't mean anything anymore. If Harvey Weinstein and George HW Bush both have "sexual assault victims", then the term "sexual assault" doesn't mean anything anymore.  When two drunk people having sex together is called "rape", it minimizes the term to nothingness.

The left has done the same with racism and bigotry of all sorts in recent years.  It's horribly counterproductive to a movement that is well-intentioned.
:adios: