Author Topic: Anti ban Hawaii Judge, NY road jihad terrorist has a green card. U want more?  (Read 4774 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Side note, how the heck is Virginia even competitive for the GOP in the race?! Did the Dems pick a candidate even less appealing than Hillary? Woof.

Well it was a confederate state so can't say I'm surprised it's leaning red in Trump's America.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Haven’t looked this up, but I’d be willing to bet the crime and murder rate of green card holders is significantly lower than US Citizens. It appears vetting is not the problem.

Of course, you probably have data to support your point so I’ll just shut up with my conjecture.

So again, you are missing the point. Lets posit that green card holders from predominantly Islamic hellholes (or illegal immigrants - same argument) have a lower violent crime rate than Americans overall. I have no idea if that's true, let's just assume it is. Even if the crime rate is lower, you can still do something about it that you can't do with US citizens: be more careful about letting them in. So let's do that. Because we can. So we should. Comparing crime rates is irrelevant (unless you are tying to argue that the net impact of our lax immigration policy with Islamic hellholes is positive even after accounting for the occasional mass murder - I think a significant majority of Americans would disagree).

If you eliminate immigration from a pool of people with a lower crime rate than the general population, the overall crime rate goes up. I think our vetting process has done an excellent job so far. If there are obvious improvements that we can make at a reasonable cost, we should make those improvements. We should be expanding immigration, though. We have more demand for immigrant labor than our current system is able to supply.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

Side note, how the heck is Virginia even competitive for the GOP in the race?! Did the Dems pick a candidate even less appealing than Hillary? Woof.

Well it was a confederate state so can't say I'm surprised it's leaning red in Trump's America.

Yeah huge surprise that part of the Surrenderacy is leaning his way

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
No...I think you are the one who is missing the point.  The only way to prevent immigrants from coming into this country and committing crimes is totally halt immigration.  I think most people understand this, and that those calling for "extreme vetting" realize they are really just saying "keep those foreigners out of my country."

Really? That's the only way? Sounds more like a false choice. But if you really don't think there is any way to improve the vetting, why would you support immigration from those countries?!

And that's exactly where this "extreme vetting" narrative from the WH will end up.

Ok, so go ahead and answer the question.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Was this dude from an Islamic hellhole?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If you eliminate immigration from a pool of people with a lower crime rate than the general population, the overall crime rate goes up.

I don't think you intended to argue that hypothetically reducing the overall number of violent crimes by reducing immigration would be a bad thing if it would make the percentage of violent crime across the remaining population go up. That's kind of how it came out.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

You guys realize Virginia is a blue state and getting bluer as the swamp seeps into the VA burbs....

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

You guys realize Virginia is a blue state and getting bluer as the swamp seeps into the VA burbs....

Well before we can discuss, you need to decide whether Virginia is getting bluer or if the GOP is gaining a foothold in an election there.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Which one

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Former Soviet country with very close ties to the US.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
No...I think you are the one who is missing the point.  The only way to prevent immigrants from coming into this country and committing crimes is totally halt immigration.  I think most people understand this, and that those calling for "extreme vetting" realize they are really just saying "keep those foreigners out of my country."

Really? That's the only way? Sounds more like a false choice. But if you really don't think there is any way to improve the vetting, why would you support immigration from those countries?!

And that's exactly where this "extreme vetting" narrative from the WH will end up.

Because...it currently works as designed? :dunno:

The fact you cannot do much more to improve upon something is a pretty ridiculous argument for scrapping it.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

The fact you cannot do much more to improve upon something is a pretty ridiculous argument for scrapping it.

Huh. So we just need to live with the occasional terrorist because immigration from these countries is more important. Ok. If that's your position, that's your position.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

I was referencing their history as being on the surrender side and the possibility they want to reclaim some of that loser history.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We seem to just live with occasional (actually may more frequent than Islamic terrorist acts) mass shootings?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Well before we can discuss, you need to decide whether Virginia is getting bluer or if the GOP is gaining a foothold in an election there.

Both. There's no question VA is getting bluer, which is why this race is so surprising. The Dem's candidate must be terrible (or maybe Gillespie is just awesome, but I kinda doubt that).

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Immigration Diversity Lottery is supposed to open only to educated people.  From a CBS news online article:
"Mirrakhmat Muminov, an Uzbek activist and blogger in Ohio, told BBC News he met Saipov shortly after he arrived in the country and was living in Ohio. Muminov said Saipov "had no knowledge of the Koran" when they met and was not well-educated. He said Saipov soon became depressed and resentful after he was unable to find a job as a truck driver. Muminov said Saipov was radicalized by information he saw on the internet."
Beardboy came to US to be a truck driver, and was too ignorant to get a job.  Moved to Florida and evidently went to the Acksquishem Truck Driving School.  He was a volunteer roadkiller in NYC.  It appears Uber thought he was a bad driver.  Why are importing such people?  Cheap labor?  Guys that can be unionized, and that will vote for Democrats?

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
We just have to live with a few hundred toddlers shooting themselves each year because target shooting is fun

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We seem to just live with occasional (actually may more frequent than Islamic terrorist acts) mass shootings?

So Gooch is now the third or fourth liberal to make the same stupid false equivalency? Don't you guys read? The question is whether something can realistically be done to reduce those mass murders. In the case of folks who are already US citizens, a lot less can be done than for the folks we are granting entry to. This really isn't a hard concept to grasp. Liberals cling so stubbornly to such idiotic false equivalencies.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We just have to live with a few hundred toddlers shooting themselves each year because target shooting is fun

Liberals: We're cool with repealing the second amendment - totally doable - but ZOMG you want to reduce / more carefully vet immigration from predominantly Islamist hellholes?! Fascist!! :shakesfist:

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Brown people = fixable. Military weapons in the hands of people = nothing can be done. Got it.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Huh. So we just need to live with the occasional terrorist because immigration from these countries is more important. Ok. If that's your position, that's your position.

It's the rational position.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

Liberals: We're cool with repealing the second amendment - totally doable - but ZOMG you want to reduce / more carefully vet immigration from predominantly Islamist hellholes?! Fascist!! :shakesfist:

What do you propose would have kept this fellow out 7 years ago?

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
And if this guy is from such a hellhole why isn't it on trump's muslim ban?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Brown people = fixable. Military weapons in the hands of people = nothing can be done. Got it.

Liberals always make it about skin color. Sad. This is just one of those rational versus irrational way of looking at the world things. Im not going to reason with you. Carry on.