Author Topic: Taxes (GOP 2017 edition)  (Read 137751 times)

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Taxes (GOP 2017 edition)
« Reply #350 on: November 10, 2017, 11:54:00 AM »

Just keep in mind this guy thinks people on food stamps and other social welfare programs should just learn some personal responsibility.

I'm fascinated by the difference in liberal and conservative outlooks on life. To me, a person wanting to keep more of their own money is completely different from a person asking for more of someone else's money. Liberals don't see that distinction, and even hold the welfare recipient in higher regard. To me, a person who worked hard for their money to live a comfortable lifestyle and provide a good life their kids, and already pays a ton in taxes, has a right to be upset about their taxes going up. To a liberal, that person just needs to "spend more responsibly" to afford the higher taxes, and anyone who doesn't agree is a hypocrite if they want welfare recipients to be more responsible for supporting themselves.

It really is fascinating. This isn't a matter of intelligence. I know enough smart liberals to appreciate that. It's a nature or nurture thing. Probably some of both.

You're either missing or ignoring the point.  Right now you are saying "I don't want to give away any more money because I want to spend it on myself."  That is fine, but KK's point is based on the conservative critique that people currently receiving welfare benefits could be self-sufficient if they just were more responsible with their money.  If you cannot feel sorry enough for those people to pay a little extra tax to help them out, then why the eff should I feel sorry about a family making $180k /year who is underwater on the $600k mortgage they just took out?

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 10, 2017, 11:54:48 AM »
Starting to feel like the MIR of the tax thread now...

Online LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 10, 2017, 11:58:59 AM »

Just keep in mind this guy thinks people on food stamps and other social welfare programs should just learn some personal responsibility.

I'm fascinated by the difference in liberal and conservative outlooks on life. To me, a person wanting to keep more of their own money is completely different from a person asking for more of someone else's money. Liberals don't see that distinction, and even hold the welfare recipient in higher regard. To me, a person who worked hard for their money to live a comfortable lifestyle and provide a good life their kids, and already pays a ton in taxes, has a right to be upset about their taxes going up. To a liberal, that person just needs to "spend more responsibly" to afford the higher taxes, and anyone who doesn't agree is a hypocrite if they want welfare recipients to be more responsible for supporting themselves.

It really is fascinating. This isn't a matter of intelligence. I know enough smart liberals to appreciate that. It's a nature or nurture thing. Probably some of both.

You're either missing or ignoring the point.  Right now you are saying "I don't want to give away any more money because I want to spend it on myself."  That is fine, but KK's point is based on the conservative critique that people currently receiving welfare benefits could be self-sufficient if they just were more responsible with their money.  If you cannot feel sorry enough for those people to pay a little extra tax to help them out, then why the eff should I feel sorry about a family making $180k /year who is underwater on the $600k mortgage they just took out?

sounds like these folks need to pull themselves up by their Lucchese Boot Straps

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 10, 2017, 12:04:49 PM »
i find it fascinating that we spend 400 billion dollars a year more on our military* than the next largest spender

but to suggest belt tightening is decried by conservatives

(*the same military they claim to need guns to protect themselves from)

This is a good start.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 10, 2017, 12:08:41 PM »

O man I was like 2/3 through writing a response to his post and then my browser freaked out a bit. Glad someone pointed this out.

Agree on lot of it.

A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 10, 2017, 12:10:36 PM »
You weren't upset with your taxes going up.  You actually seemed pumped to pay more to support the president

it really is amazing. he knows this will be bad for himself, but great for all the people much richer than he will ever be,  but he supports it because he is envious of them. what a cuck.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 10, 2017, 12:16:02 PM »
You weren't upset with your taxes going up.  You actually seemed pumped to pay more to support the president

it really is amazing. he knows this will be bad for himself, but great for all the people much richer than he will ever be,  but he supports it because he is envious of them. what a cuck.

Trolling those stupid libs tho

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 10, 2017, 01:45:09 PM »

I don't think you've been following this thread closely enough. To follow KSUdub's arc in this thread....
1. ZOMG this is gonna be awesome for me!!
2. Well eff, I'm losing the personal exemptions, so this might really suck for me.
3. Maybe it'll at least help me indirectly by boosting my investments.
4. ZOMG I just found out they're gonna increase the phase out for the child tax credit, so this is gonna be awesome for me!!
5. (The last few pages) batting down idiotic liberal butthurt.

It really has been quite a rollercoaster.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 10, 2017, 01:48:38 PM »

Gosh, I don't think I could have said this any more clearly above, but I'll try again. It is totally adorable how liberals equate a person wanting to keep more of their money with a person wanting more of someone else's money.

Have you guys seen Westworld, where the androids are programmed so they literally can't see something that would eff with their programming and cause them to question the nature of their existence? That's what liberals are like here. They literally can't see the obvious difference right in front of them. "That doesn't look like anything to me." It's really amazing.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 10, 2017, 01:54:22 PM »
But... You constantly talk about wanting more of poor people's money
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: November 11, 2017, 09:14:19 AM »
Westworld sounds dorky

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 11, 2017, 10:09:58 AM »
Westworld sounds dorky

It was actually kind of cool but way too convoluted. A bit too Lost'ish. There's a thread for it.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 11, 2017, 11:08:51 AM »
I think child tax credits are complete horseshit. you should be taxed more if anything. these little shits eat up public services at 10x the rate of grown adults. if we're cutting/adding stuff based on "fairness" that's a layup. and this is coming from someone with like 20 kids.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 11, 2017, 11:17:11 AM »
I think child tax credits are complete horseshit. you should be taxed more if anything. these little shits eat up public services at 10x the rate of grown adults. if we're cutting/adding stuff based on "fairness" that's a layup. and this is coming from someone with like 20 kids.

Mine use like zero public services

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 11, 2017, 11:21:55 AM »

Especially handicapped ones, the resources they consume relative to what they produce is insane.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 11, 2017, 12:30:24 PM »
20% is way too high. I bet if everyone just paid 15% - no deductions, credits or any of that crap - we'd be in great shape.

federal spending is 20% of gdp, so no, if everyone paid 15%, we would not be in great shape.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 11, 2017, 12:40:56 PM »
I don't think you've been following this thread closely enough. To follow KSUdub's arc in this thread....

are we ever going to get to a point in this arc where you realize that decreasing your rates now will increase your rates in the future?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 11, 2017, 01:33:24 PM »
is anybody here opposed to paying a flat 20% of their income to the feds? (no deductions)  I don't think that's too much to ask to live in this now great again country.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 11, 2017, 01:34:58 PM »
For myself? No. For other people? Yes

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 11, 2017, 01:41:32 PM »
why would you be opposed for others?  if they don't make much they don't pay much, its a great deal for them to live in this country for $4000 a year while others are paying $100,000 for the same thing?

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #370 on: November 11, 2017, 01:49:44 PM »
Sure. They are already scraping to keep food on the table. Let's up their taxes because that's fair.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 11, 2017, 01:52:40 PM »
Sure. They are already scraping to keep food on the table. Let's up their taxes because that's fair.

wants to take other people's money from them, smdh

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 11, 2017, 02:04:05 PM »
the system is screwed up I agree, the fact that wages have been artificially suppressed at the bottom is the problem.  The supposed tax savings of the poor have just found their way into the pockets of corporations in the form of profits.  There is no reason everyone cant pay 20% and be fine in an unbastardized system.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 11, 2017, 04:16:19 PM »
Yes.