Author Topic: Vegas shooting  (Read 31780 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Vegas shooting
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2017, 01:01:21 PM »
3. There will be plenty of time in the next days and weeks to stake out your arguments and political positions once you learn more facts. For now, stop being a jackass.

Hey man, eff you

Sickening. We need stricter Islamic extremism control laws in this country.

Hillary Clinton wants weakness and non vigilance. Never been a more important choice in 2016.

Notice the trend of children of immigrants being the radicals drawn to Jihad?

Yes. Specifically Muslim immigrants. But let's blame guns.

"These kids today" are both more socially connected but the connections are increasingly empty. Patriotism is on the decline among young people, thanks in large part to public education. We are increasingly a society without firm convictions. People naturally yearn for allegience to something bigger than themselves. If we're not going to provide it - someone else will. It's a great recruiting opportunity for ISIS. Throw in a dash of batshit crazy Islamic extremism and you've got a serious problem.

But let's just make it harder for everyone to own guns.

You had 8 more posts that were political in nature within 12 hours of you finding out about the Pulse Nightclub shooting.

18 more posts of a political nature within the first 24 hours of the San Bernardino shooting.

It's okay to immediately politicize these things if the clear enemy is a brown person?

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2017, 01:03:55 PM »
To assorted posters engaging in assorted dumbassery:

1. There is no credible evidence that this was an act of terrorism - i.e. promoted by religious or political aims. So stop being a jackass.

2. We have no idea what weapons the shooter used, whether they were legally or illegally obtained, or pretty much anything else about the shooting, which means we don't know whether any additional "gun control" would have made a difference. So stop being a jackass.

3. There will be plenty of time in the next days and weeks to stake out your arguments and political positions once you learn more facts. For now, stop being a jackass.

"‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens" jackasses
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2017, 01:07:25 PM »
I don't care how conservative you are, if you can't see a problem when a person can have an automatic weapon (or semi automatic?) and gun down hundreds from a balcony then I don't know how to help you. Its incredibly disturbing and sad that these acts of terrorism with mass casualties continue to happen in our country.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2017, 01:08:26 PM »
you just hate the constitution, _FAN

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2017, 01:26:53 PM »
I'm not sure any amount of reasonable gun control would have kept this guy from getting some guns. From what I'm seeing he had no criminal record and didn't seem crazy at all to people who knew him.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2017, 01:30:09 PM »
The only logical solution to this problem is legislation that would cause all guns to vanish from earth, followed by legislation that erases the idea of a gun from all peoples' minds from now until the world floods from global climate change.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2017, 01:31:29 PM »
I don't care how conservative you are, if you can't see a problem when a person can have an automatic weapon (or semi automatic?) and gun down hundreds from a balcony then I don't know how to help you. Its incredibly disturbing and sad that these acts of terrorism with mass casualties continue to happen in our country.

Lots to unpack in these two short sentences....

1. Are you assuming that conservatives "can't see a problem" with a mass killing? It's sickening.

2. Whether the weapon was "automatic" or "semi-automatic" is one of the things we still don't know for certain unless it has been declared in the past hour, and is a highly relevant fact to deciding what, if any, "gun control" would have prevented this tragedy.

3. We have no credible evidence at this point that this was an act of terrorism by any rational definition of the word. Terrorism is violence driven by a political or social motive. Without such motivation, all mass killing would be considered terrorism, and that is dumb (and yes, let's all acknowledge this is exactly how Nevada law stupidly defines terrorism). This is not a matter of semantics: what constitutes terrorism may determine the type of action taken in response.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2017, 01:32:18 PM »
Until then, millions of people should be unfairly punished for the acts of a maniac.

While we're at it, tax rich people because I have decided they have too much money.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2017, 01:32:47 PM »
You had 8 more posts that were political in nature within 12 hours of you finding out about the Pulse Nightclub shooting.

18 more posts of a political nature within the first 24 hours of the San Bernardino shooting.

It's okay to immediately politicize these things if the clear enemy is a brown person?

Cute. Very Jon Stewert-esque, as in "a really clever point, but only if you abandon all context and common sense." You go ahead and stake out the position that quickly labeling a muslim (religion) shooting (violence) up a gay nightclub (social) an act of terrorism is really no different than making a snap judgment as to this dude's motivations.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 01:49:08 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2017, 01:32:51 PM »

Lots to unpack in these two short sentences....

1. Are you assuming that conservatives "can't see a problem" with a mass killing? It's sickening.

2. Whether the weapon was "automatic" or "semi-automatic" is one of the things we still don't know for certain unless it has been declared in the past hour, and is a highly relevant fact to deciding what, if any, "gun control" would have prevented this tragedy.

3. We have no credible evidence at this point that this was an act of terrorism by any rational definition of the word. Terrorism is violence driven by a political or social motive. Without such motivation, all mass killing would be considered terrorism, and that is dumb (and yes, let's all acknowledge this is exactly how Nevada law stupidly defines terrorism). This is not a matter of semantics: what constitutes terrorism may determine the type of action taken in response.

:flush:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2017, 01:34:58 PM »

Hey man, eff you

Sickening. We need stricter Islamic extremism control laws in this country.

Hillary Clinton wants weakness and non vigilance. Never been a more important choice in 2016.

Notice the trend of children of immigrants being the radicals drawn to Jihad?

Yes. Specifically Muslim immigrants. But let's blame guns.

"These kids today" are both more socially connected but the connections are increasingly empty. Patriotism is on the decline among young people, thanks in large part to public education. We are increasingly a society without firm convictions. People naturally yearn for allegience to something bigger than themselves. If we're not going to provide it - someone else will. It's a great recruiting opportunity for ISIS. Throw in a dash of batshit crazy Islamic extremism and you've got a serious problem.

But let's just make it harder for everyone to own guns.

Do you have something to say?

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2017, 01:37:30 PM »
2. We have no idea what weapons the shooter used, whether they were legally or illegally obtained, or pretty much anything else about the shooting, which means we don't know whether any additional "gun control" would have made a difference. So stop being a jackass.

if you would have watched any of the videos you would know that it was most definitely a submachine gun, which of course is illegal. also i'm not sure who you are telling to stop being a jackass.
Full auto weapons are not illegal. They can easily be obtained with the proper licensing. Frankly the only thing keeping them out of most people's hands are the extreme cost of said weapons.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 01:40:53 PM by Gooch »

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2017, 02:09:47 PM »
Man, I can't wait for Charlie Daniels to die.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Vegas shooting
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2017, 02:11:26 PM »
MIR, I appreciate what you did, but you just spent way too much time to support a very obvious conclusion.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2017, 02:22:48 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2017, 02:27:11 PM »
This should end well for her.

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/914900359721701377

Yeah, she mumped up and gotta go. Good on clay for soldering on for white people, he's the hero you guys need.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2017, 02:28:26 PM »
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2017, 02:28:51 PM »

this crazy old bastard still puts on a helluva live show

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2017, 02:30:57 PM »

Cute. Very Jon Stewert-esque, as in "a really clever point, but only if you abandon all context and common sense." You go ahead and stake out the position that quickly labeling a muslim (religion) shooting (violence) up a gay nightclub (social) an act of terrorism is really no different than making a snap judgment as to this dude's motivations.

It's a distinction without a difference. You got caught being a hypocrite, just take the L.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2017, 02:34:27 PM »
This should end well for her.

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/914900359721701377

Yeah, she mumped up and gotta go. Good on clay for soldering on for white people, he's the hero you guys need.
:buh-bye:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2017, 02:39:18 PM »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2017, 02:44:21 PM »

It's a distinction without a difference. You got caught being a hypocrite, just take the L.

So when I demonstrate your false equivalence, you just respond with "it's a distinction without a difference." That's not a very Jon Stewart-y response. Whenever he was called out for his bullshit he resorted to "hey, I'm just a comedian!"

In reality, there is a big difference. You either can't understand or can't acknowledge it. In the Pulse shooting, it was possible to surmise very quickly an act of terrorism based upon the religion of the shooter coupled with the target. There is no such evidence of terrorist motivation in the Vegas shooting... yet.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2017, 02:46:08 PM »
Jfc white people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2017, 03:06:20 PM »

So when I demonstrate your false equivalence, you just respond with "it's a distinction without a difference." That's not a very Jon Stewart-y response. Whenever he was called out for his bullshit he resorted to "hey, I'm just a comedian!"

In reality, there is a big difference. You either can't understand or can't acknowledge it. In the Pulse shooting, it was possible to surmise very quickly an act of terrorism based upon the religion of the shooter coupled with the target. There is no such evidence of terrorist motivation in the Vegas shooting... yet.

Uh in the Pulse shooting it was easy for YOU to quickly surmise his motivations because he was a brown person, you aren't doing it here because this dude is white. Thank you for acknowledging as much. YOU chose to focus on the religion of the shooters in Orlando and San Bernardino, now you want everyone to be measured? Most mass shooters are white people, why aren't you hottaking what we need to do to stop white boys with guns? It's because you're a racist, Muslim hating sack of crap. Is that measured enough for you?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2017, 03:09:01 PM »
To be fair, the Pulse shooter said himself he was doing it for ISIS. Here we only have ISIS taking credit at this point.