Author Topic: Legacy of Obama  (Read 10271 times)

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Legacy of Obama
« on: January 14, 2017, 08:12:10 PM »
I'm watching this on CNN and will probably watch the one about Michelle. They keep talking about how Trump is going to undo a lot of what Obama did. Liberal media, blah blah. It's so scary to me that we are going from Obama to Trump.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

The Big Train

Re: Legacy of Obama
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 08:15:18 PM »
I watched that the other night, I enjoyed it.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 08:46:02 PM »
Hegemony
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 08:55:34 PM »
I'm gonna miss this guy  :cry:

Set the dvr for Ivanka's special on Monday.  :love:

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 11:07:34 PM »
I'm watching this on CNN and will probably watch the one about Michelle. They keep talking about how Trump is going to undo a lot of what Obama did. Liberal media, blah blah. It's so scary to me that we are going from Obama to Trump.
Don't worry too much. Ol' Weinerdog Trump has bad teeth and a weak bark.  I see him getting tired of this all, and letting people with level heads do the grunt work.  Liberals should demand constructive input instead of being crybaby obstructionists.  Love Thy Self Don wants respect.  So rub his belly and scratch his wallies, and he will be your buddy.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 11:12:32 PM »
Frightening how horrid the Obama Administration's Foreign Policy was, just awful.

The Middle East is Burning from Yemen to North Africa, the world is closer to WWIII then it's been in decades, and possibly headed to war in the South China Sea, Iran will have both Nukes and ICBM's within 10 years, Libya is a cess pool of ISIS and Al Qaeda, and the greatest humanitarian crisis since WWII was created in Syria with a power vacuum creating the rise of ISIS.

#theworstever

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 11:14:27 PM »
Frightening how horrid the Obama Administration's Foreign Policy was, just awful.

The Middle East is Burning from Yemen to North Africa, the world is closer to WWIII then it's been in decades, and possibly headed to war in the South China Sea, Iran will have both Nukes and ICBM's within 10 years, Libya is a cess pool of ISIS and Al Qaeda, and the greatest humanitarian crisis since WWII was created in Syria with a power vacuum creating the rise of ISIS.

#theworstever

I'll take that bet.  $100?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 11:15:45 PM »

#theworstever

I'll take that bet.  $100?

They're already on the way to ICBM's.

Sure, 2027, $100 bucks.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 03:52:53 AM »
Don't ruin this thread, Dax. tia  :cheers:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 03:57:58 AM »
Counterintuitively, quantitatively, statistically, the world is more peaceful than it has ever been.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 03:59:21 AM »
I'm going to miss Obama and his cool and his speeches.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 06:37:49 AM »
Counterintuitively, quantitatively, statistically, the world is more peaceful than it has ever been.

a lot of people (our new president being one) think crime rates are also skyrocketing. people are mostly idiots.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 08:03:39 AM »
A lot of people are addicted to fear. It's sad, really.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2017, 08:12:26 AM »
I think it's just a human survival instinct to ignore facts and assume there's a boogeyman/criminal around every corner. We're still cavemen at heart. (and cavemen were kinda idiots, just not compared to other species.)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 08:22:00 AM »
The murder rate is going up in some major cities, but overall crime is generally down.   Quite possibly thanks to the growing surveillance state and still ongoing incarceration nation. 

"Generally Speaking" in terms of world peace.   Sure, if your litmus test is that the world isn't in a collective hot war.   But that doesn't dismiss the greatest humanitarian crisis since WWII (the U.N. High Commission on Refugees words) in Syria, entirely inflamed and made worse by U.S. policy under the Obama administration.   That doesn't change the fact that conflict in the middle east has now engulfed a much greater swath of territory under Obama, and now includes a substantial part of North Africa.   What was the headline awhile back, the U.S. was bombing someone or something in 7 countries within the span of days?   Perpetual war creep was an absolute fact under Obama.  It's also a fact that relations among the worlds Nuclear armed nations is as contentious as its been in decades. 

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2017, 08:28:36 AM »
Some people are just addicted to perpetual butthurt
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2017, 08:38:14 AM »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2017, 09:00:19 AM »
Fear is def a prewired thing that shorts out a lot of rational thought.  What's crazy about that in todays day and age is the availability of information and the distance from the supposed issue/thing that is to be feared, and yet fear is still short circuiting so many ppls thinking process.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2017, 09:06:00 AM »
Fear is def a prewired thing that shorts out a lot of rational thought.  What's crazy about that in todays day and age is the availability of information and the distance from the supposed issue/thing that is to be feared, and yet fear is still short circuiting so many ppls thinking process.

What is that supposed to mean?   Who is afraid? 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2017, 09:11:22 AM »

Have you watched any news lately?  Listened to any political radio?  By "lately" I mean since 9/11? 

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2017, 09:20:49 AM »

You seem to be afraid of many things.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2017, 09:26:44 AM »

Have you watched any news lately?  Listened to any political radio?  By "lately" I mean since 9/11?

I can kind of see your point, but when say the FBI comes and says they've stopped hundreds of terror plots within the span of a year or two.   

One of two things is happening and neither is good. 

If a country supposedly needs a $1 trillion dollar a year military/homeland/intelligence apparatus to be safe (not to mention state and local entities).   Then the world is either a really dangerous place, or Ike was more right then ever.   

If a government fights to the end to maintain their hold on things like the Patriot Act or ratchets up surveillance nation.  Then at least two series of things are happening and neither series is good. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2017, 09:32:02 AM »
It really doesn't matter which of two things(or more) is happening.  Our elected leaders are pushing the fear button to get elected, to get things funded, to get general support, and to govern in general.  No matter what any of the details you alluded to are, the use of that tool is not good and needs to be changed.  We need to be electing and governing from places of knowledge and ppl are intentionally clouding that with fear.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2017, 09:57:29 AM »
^ I think even you have done this on the football board. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2017, 10:25:22 AM »
Job growth