Author Topic: Carrier: The President vs The President-Elect  (Read 5803 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Carrier: The President vs The President-Elect
« on: December 01, 2016, 08:20:30 PM »
When Carrier announced it was closing its operations in Indiana and relocating over 1000 jobs to Mexico, Donald Trump promised it would not happen if he were elected.

President Obama, cementing his legacy as both a massive weakling and condescending prick, openly mocked Trump for this promise.

When somebody says, like the person you just mentioned who I’m not going to advertise for, that he’s going to bring all these jobs back, well how exactly are you going to do that? What are you going to do? There’s — there’s no answer to it. He just says, “Well, I’m going to negotiate a better deal.” Well, how — what — how exactly are you going to negotiate that? What magic wand do you have? And usually, the answer is he doesn’t have an answer.

Turns out Trump did have an answer.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 08:25:53 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Carrier: The President vs The President-Elect
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 08:25:36 PM »
Yep, 7 million answers. 
Who will be next to demand that we subsidise their labor or will move?

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 08:30:01 PM »
They had already been offered that before 45 got involved and they passed.  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 08:36:11 PM by gatoveintisiete »
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 08:41:41 PM »
Fretting over $7 million not going to the mother teat.

#liblogic

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 09:24:27 PM »
Yep, 7 million answers. 
Who will be next to demand that we subsidise their labor or will move?

It's always telling when someone says that allowing a company to keep more of the money they earn is a "subsidy".

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 09:52:21 PM »
KSUW, you're aware they're still cutting over 1000 jobs right?

He's peacocking his ass off over this meanwhile those people are still losing their jobs. The federal government just gave a company cash to lay Americans off, this is in no way a win.

Meanwhile, this jackass is taking a victory lap on this but his products are still being manufactured everywhere else but here.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 09:57:26 PM »
KSUW, you're aware they're still cutting over 1000 jobs right?

He's peacocking his ass off over this meanwhile those people are still losing their jobs. The federal government just gave a company cash to lay Americans off, this is in no way a win.

Meanwhile, this jackass is taking a victory lap on this but his products are still being manufactured everywhere else but here.

:lol:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 10:02:32 PM »
feels like something illegal is probably happening.  trump getting kickbacks on the kickbacks
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2016, 10:04:38 PM »
'Tards this isn't complicated, carrier says we out, Indiana says how bout we return some of your money cuz we want you to stay more than we like the money you gave us, carrier says naw, Trump says it will be better for you if you keep 1100 jobs here, carrier says ok.  Pubs say cool, libs say it's really bad what he did there and America still isn't great so what are you even doing?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2016, 10:09:24 PM »
[redacted], are you missing that they are cutting more jobs than they would have if they closed this plant and moved to Monterrey?

I know you trump people are all about trolling, but I really don't know how objectively you can be all about jobs and the USofA and celebrate this. It is the height of the little guy losing out to corporate greed. But yeah dude keep partying and laughing at the libs, I'm sure the 1100 Carrier workers who just lost their jobs so that corporate can keep some government contracts are laughing too.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2016, 10:12:43 PM »
I understand your skepticism, but let's just see what happens I think you'll like it.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2016, 10:24:39 PM »
I think you are assuming pubs think this is a big deal, we don't, we also don't think it's bad.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2016, 10:35:10 PM »
I think you are assuming pubs think this is a big deal, we don't, we also don't think it's bad.

I mean did you see the first post in the thread? You miss the president elect on his victory tour today?

I was really happy when I heard about the deal, but incredibly pissed when I heard the details. I'm gonna be honest, I really don't care about these jobs, I don't know those people; the 800-1300 jobs are a drop in the bucket of lost jobs and jobs that will continue to leave. What pisses me off is our government getting bent by corporate greed and we're acting like we won something. I'm also angry with President Trump's hypocrisy.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2016, 10:43:00 PM »
Theres nothing wrong with businesses acting in their interests, Trump plans to align the people's interests with what is best for companies through effective tax and trade policy, trust me you are gonna like it.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2016, 10:49:42 PM »
I never learned anything about it, but feel like I am completely justified in believing the whole thing is a con regardless of the details.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2016, 10:56:28 PM »
If you guys took this to the melting pit, nobody would argue with you or troll you  :cheers:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2016, 11:05:14 PM »
Not really into politics, but MIR can't be right that supporters of a political party would call an event either a win or loss based on whether their candidate was responsible for it. I mean, surely they are each researching the long term economic consequences of these decisions before voicing their opinions, right?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2016, 11:08:12 PM »
Theres nothing wrong with businesses acting in their interests, Trump plans to align the people's interests with what is best for companies through effective tax and trade policy, trust me you are gonna like it.

I wish more businesses had a sense of social responsibility. Keeping those jobs in Indiana was by no means going to break United Technologies. I don't know what the tipping point was but it started to be acceptable practice to just dump a few jobs here and there for a couple of million dollars on top of the pre-existing hundreds of million and billions. Trump isn't going to shame and bully corporations into keeping jobs here, there needs to be a culture change. He can provide a great starting example by moving the manufacture of his goods back here.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2016, 11:10:41 PM »
I never learned anything about it, but feel like I am completely justified in believing the whole thing is a con regardless of the details.

textbook occam's razor
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2016, 11:33:43 PM »

I wish more businesses had a sense of social responsibility. Keeping those jobs in Indiana was by no means going to break United Technologies. I don't know what the tipping point was but it started to be acceptable practice to just dump a few jobs here and there for a couple of million dollars on top of the pre-existing hundreds of million and billions. Trump isn't going to shame and bully corporations into keeping jobs here, there needs to be a culture change. He can provide a great starting example by moving the manufacture of his goods back here.

Businesses have one responsibility and that is to earn roi, now if a business decides an investment in something that represents "social whatever" to you would return increased profits for them then they will probably do it.  The idea of them having a responsibility to do so is  :lol:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2016, 11:34:12 PM »
MIR's meltdown is hilarious. At least no racial slurs yet.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2016, 07:53:36 AM »

Businesses have one responsibility and that is to earn roi, now if a business decides an investment in something that represents "social whatever" to you would return increased profits for them then they will probably do it.  The idea of them having a responsibility to do so is  :lol:

This is the rub. Small businesses can have the luxury of social responsibility, but when you're talking big business with shareholders, you're either going to get fired or sued if you fail to act in the best financial interest of the company at pretty much all times. That's the system we have now, which means the only real way for government to affect a business's decisions is by affecting the economic impact of them (either offer them financial incentives to do something or penalties if they don't).

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2016, 08:56:18 AM »
Threaten to move jobs, get paid $7 mil, still move most of the jobs.  This sets a good precedent.