Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1027779 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #5600 on: November 13, 2017, 06:40:50 PM »
It is KSUW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5601 on: November 13, 2017, 07:58:46 PM »
Grade schoolers just aren't as tough as they used to be.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #5602 on: November 13, 2017, 08:16:48 PM »
I think my favorite new play from the libtard playbook, is to claim "Trump is doing irreparable harm to the Country" without any foundation whatsoever. It's def better than "uniquely unqualified" or "he is sullying the office of the president"*

*which is a favorite of the libtard ultra-clown who support a guy who used "the office" to finger 20-something subordinates with cigars and his penis
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Trump Presidency
« Reply #5603 on: November 13, 2017, 10:31:31 PM »
This judicial nomination is about as bad as anything Trump has done with his executive authority IMO. But if it happens it’s just as much on Republicans.

No 3rd year lawyer is qualified to be a federal judge. Just look at the failure to disclose his wife. Assuming he’s not dishonest, you gotta have a much better knowledge and sense of ethics to be a judge.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5604 on: November 13, 2017, 11:03:06 PM »
I think my favorite new play from the libtard playbook, is to claim "Trump is doing irreparable harm to the Country" without any foundation whatsoever. It's def better than "uniquely unqualified" or "he is sullying the office of the president"*

*which is a favorite of the libtard ultra-clown who support a guy who used "the office" to finger 20-something subordinates with cigars and his penis

I mean really it's just a question of if he is a great president or is he the greatest....why can't people see all the greatness he's done?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5605 on: November 14, 2017, 08:22:47 AM »
This judicial nomination is about as bad as anything Trump has done with his executive authority IMO. But if it happens it’s just as much on Republicans.

No 3rd year lawyer is qualified to be a federal judge. Just look at the failure to disclose his wife. Assuming he’s not dishonest, you gotta have a much better knowledge and sense of ethics to be a judge.

As a former member of the ABA I can assure you there opinion matters not. It's a big firm circle jerk. If this guy was a third year attorney at Thompson Knight or Patton Boggs he'd have been "uniquely qualified" ti be Federal Judge and they'd be celebratimg his youth. Federal District Court is every bit, if not more, of a joke show that state district court. And there are non-attorney judges in state court.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5606 on: November 14, 2017, 08:46:08 AM »

As a former member of the ABA I can assure you there opinion matters not. It's a big firm circle jerk. If this guy was a third year attorney at Thompson Knight or Patton Boggs he'd have been "uniquely qualified" ti be Federal Judge and they'd be celebratimg his youth. Federal District Court is every bit, if not more, of a joke show that state district court. And there are non-attorney judges in state court.

Please give us an example of a liberal judge that had as little experience, a white house conflict of interest, and were celebrated for their youth.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5607 on: November 14, 2017, 10:24:24 AM »

Oh how did you achieve membership in such a group as the ABA?!  Must have been a rigorous merit based vetting process.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5609 on: November 14, 2017, 01:41:08 PM »

I'm sure the ABA appreciated your $70-100 check or whatever, but I don't see what that has to do with anything.  If you know anyone who worked at a top law firm, you would know that there is no way you even COULD be qualified for a federal judgeship 3 years in.  If you clerked for a federal judge and then the Supreme Court before joining a law firm, I would be less pissed, but even then it would be a bad move.  Honestly it is insane, and I am not exaggerating when I say it may be the most egregious (executive) action Trump has taken so far.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5610 on: November 14, 2017, 01:45:12 PM »
And FWIW, the "never tried a case" point does not even bother me that much.  You can have plenty of experience as lawyer without actually putting on a witness in front of a judge or jury.  But I can guarantee you that attending Harvard Law School did absolutely nothing to prepare this guy to be an actual judge.  You don't need the ABA to tell you he is unqualified.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: November 14, 2017, 05:23:51 PM »
Calm down, all I said was wgaf about the ABA. The federal court is a motion practice. You don't need trial experience to make rulings from behind a desk after months to consider and research arguments. None of your rulings are binding on other courts. You have a staff of clerks to do all the work. It is a purely political appointment, save the sanctimony.

You're conflating it with a circuit court appointment. Look at all the hack district court judges that granted injunctions on the "muslim ban". Those people had "experience" in your eyes. Gmafb.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: November 14, 2017, 05:24:39 PM »

Please give us an example of a liberal judge that had as little experience, a white house conflict of interest, and were celebrated for their youth.

RBG

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: November 14, 2017, 05:27:45 PM »

I'm sure the ABA appreciated your $70-100 check or whatever, but I don't see what that has to do with anything.  If you know anyone who worked at a top law firm, you would know that there is no way you even COULD be qualified for a federal judgeship 3 years in.  If you clerked for a federal judge and then the Supreme Court before joining a law firm, I would be less pissed, but even then it would be a bad move.  Honestly it is insane, and I am not exaggerating when I say it may be the most egregious (executive) action Trump has taken so far.

Executive action = confirmed by the senate????

Okie dokie cry baby

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5614 on: November 14, 2017, 05:29:14 PM »
Calm down, all I said was wgaf about the ABA. The federal court is a motion practice. You don't need trial experience to make rulings from behind a desk after months to consider and research arguments. None of your rulings are binding on other courts. You have a staff of clerks to do all the work. It is a purely political appointment, save the sanctimony.

You're conflating it with a circuit court appointment. Look at all the hack district court judges that granted injunctions on the "muslim ban". Those people had "experience" in your eyes. Gmafb.

You know the #1 thing federal judges do is preside over criminal cases where people’s freedom is on the line, right? Btw, admissibility of evidence tends to be a pretty big rough ridin' deal in those cases.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: November 14, 2017, 05:35:48 PM »
According to this report over 15% of circuit court judges have no private practice experience and 45% had no prior judicial experience  :thumbs:

U.S. Circuit Court Judges: Profile of
Professional Experiences Prior to
Appointment
Barry J. McMillion
Analyst on the Federal Judiciary
May 9, 2014

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: November 14, 2017, 05:41:03 PM »
Well since criminal cases make up the vast majority of their dockets, it does not bother me that they didn’t practice in a private firm.

Also, you’re conflating federal judges with circuit court judges. Circuit court judges don’t preside over trials or hear live evidence. It’s a much more academic as opposed to practice heavy job.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: November 14, 2017, 05:43:24 PM »

You know the #1 thing federal judges do is preside over criminal cases where people’s freedom is on the line, right? Btw, admissibility of evidence tends to be a pretty big rough ridin' deal in those cases.

I'd say out for every 100 days in the federal courthouse you might see a federal criminal trial going on 1 of those days. It's deportations handled by yhe magistrate or federal drug cases that plea out.

99% of the due process things you are worried about are resolved by an elected judge in a state district court, who may not even be an attorney.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: November 14, 2017, 05:44:56 PM »
Well since criminal cases make up the vast majority of their dockets, it does not bother me that they didn’t practice in a private firm.

Also, you’re conflating federal judges with circuit court judges. Circuit court judges don’t preside over trials or hear live evidence. It’s a much more academic as opposed to practice heavy job.

I accused you of conflating first :shakesfist:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: November 14, 2017, 05:57:45 PM »
I'd say out for every 100 days in the federal courthouse you might see a federal criminal trial going on 1 of those days. It's deportations handled by yhe magistrate or federal drug cases that plea out.

You can look it up. He's nominated to the Middle District of Alabama.  http://apps.almd.uscourts.gov/hearings  If you filter by Jury Trial, I count around 20 in the next month, so that number is bogus.

99% of the due process things you are worried about are resolved by an elected judge in a state district court, who may not even be an attorney.

WTF are you talking about?  Federal judges handle federal crimes.  State judges don't do anything to lighten the load on their docket.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5620 on: November 14, 2017, 06:01:15 PM »
FSD getting clownsuited ITT.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: November 14, 2017, 07:35:57 PM »

If you've never been in a courthouse what goes on in there can be a mystery

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: November 14, 2017, 07:39:32 PM »

You can look it up. He's nominated to the Middle District of Alabama.  http://apps.almd.uscourts.gov/hearings  If you filter by Jury Trial, I count around 20 in the next month, so that number is bogus.

WTF are you talking about?  Federal judges handle federal crimes.  State judges don't do anything to lighten the load on their docket.

Every criminal case docketed gets set for trial numbnuts. It's that whole 6th amendment thing. None of those cases will go trial.

On the latter, My point was that your concern about due process at the federal dist ct level is misplaced, bc nearly every criminal action prosecuted in this country is prosecuted in state ct.

Are you rough ridin' with me, or just a moron? I can't take any more of this dumbfuckery

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: November 14, 2017, 07:42:18 PM »

If you've never been in a courthouse what goes on in there can be a mystery

AUSAs, public defenders and the defendamt are the only people at federal criminal court, dolt city usa. Usually a translator too

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5624 on: November 14, 2017, 07:48:30 PM »
The naivete regarding the role of the federal district court in our criminal justice system is at lol levels itt.