Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1027549 times)

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #5650 on: November 27, 2017, 08:48:10 PM »
https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/935161154137219073

https://twitter.com/PatrickMRucker/status/935163326665027584

Weird, an obama fascist won't go away, even when the cfpb gc says to go away.

Considering how the white house has fared in all other lawsuits against them, I doubt she goes anywhere until the senate confirms a new director.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #5651 on: November 27, 2017, 08:59:14 PM »
In what perverse world would the outgoing agency head choose his successor over the chief executive? Better, in what psycho world does the bastard interim sue the chief executive to keep her job? It's rough ridin' lunacy.

These people are fascists, and the courts that rule in their favor (only to be punked by the highest court) are abusive.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5652 on: November 27, 2017, 09:09:13 PM »
In what perverse world would the outgoing agency head choose his successor over the chief executive? Better, in what psycho world does the bastard interim sue the chief executive to keep her job? It's rough ridin' lunacy.

These people are fascists, and the courts that rule in their favor (only to be punked by the highest court) are abusive.

Trump is going to be mad at you popping off that he's a fascist.  You might even get @ on twitter!

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5653 on: November 27, 2017, 09:09:39 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/dispute-over-trump-s-consumer-appointment-could-hinge-one-word-n824341

The federal Vacancies Reform Act of 1998 gives the president the power to temporarily authorize an acting official to perform the duties of an officer of an executive agency. The critical language in the Vacancies Reform Act is this: It is the "exclusive means" for authorizing the appointment of an acting head unless another statute expressly designates a particular officer to serve in that acting capacity.

In fact, the law establishing the CFPB does just that: It expressly designates a particular officer and states that the CFPB's deputy director shall "serve as acting Director in the absence or unavailability of the Director."

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5654 on: November 27, 2017, 09:50:35 PM »
He should read more documents

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5655 on: November 27, 2017, 10:08:26 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/dispute-over-trump-s-consumer-appointment-could-hinge-one-word-n824341

The federal Vacancies Reform Act of 1998 gives the president the power to temporarily authorize an acting official to perform the duties of an officer of an executive agency. The critical language in the Vacancies Reform Act is this: It is the "exclusive means" for authorizing the appointment of an acting head unless another statute expressly designates a particular officer to serve in that acting capacity.

In fact, the law establishing the CFPB does just that: It expressly designates a particular officer and states that the CFPB's deputy director shall "serve as acting Director in the absence or unavailability of the Director."

Cut and paste from the fasicts lawsuit, no doubt.  :facepalm:

Libtards drinking from the libtard trough

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5656 on: November 27, 2017, 10:09:42 PM »
I'm sure the CFPB's own GC was unawareof this argumemt and totally changed his mind after telling this clown imposter to screw off.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5657 on: November 27, 2017, 10:13:12 PM »

Cut and paste from the fasicts lawsuit, no doubt.  :facepalm:

Libtards drinking from the libtard trough

Here's a link to the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. Pg. 589. Fake News though, am I right?

http://www.cftc.gov/idc/groups/public/@swaps/documents/file/hr4173_enrolledbill.pdf

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5658 on: November 27, 2017, 10:14:57 PM »
I'm sure the CFPB's own GC was unawareof this argumemt and totally changed his her mind after telling this clown imposter to screw off.

FYP

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5659 on: November 27, 2017, 10:15:19 PM »
A non amateur hour lawyer take:

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/richard-cordrays-political-stunt-1511752623

Remember the “Seinfeld” episode in which George Costanza refused to leave even after he was found to be faking a disability? No matter the obstacle, George strove to occupy his office. The U.S. government now has its own devious doofus George in the form of Leandra English, who insists that she deserves to run the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and is refusing to leave.

Ms. English is the former chief of staff to Richard Cordray, who resigned as CFPB director on Friday, but not before naming her as deputy director, a position that had been vacant for two years. The language of the Dodd-Frank Act lets the bureau’s deputy director serve as the acting director “in the absence or unavailability of the Director.”

Ergo, Ms. English claims she is the new acting director, never mind that President Trump has superseded that claim by invoking the Federal Vacancies Reform Act to appoint Office of Management and Budget director Mick Mulvaney as acting director. The law allows the President to temporarily fill a vacancy at an executive agency with a government official who has been confirmed by the Senate.

This standoff devolved into a farce worthy of “Seinfeld” on Monday, as Mr. Mulvaney occupied the director’s office and met with senior employees. But Ms. English refused to leave and posed for photos with Senate Democrats. We can only imagine her lineup of interviews on MSNBC and CNN as she portrays herself as the latest martyr for “the resistance.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Street Columnist Bill McGurn on the fight over the consumer bureau’s leadership. Photo Credit: Getty Images.

On Sunday she even found her own lawyer to sue the Trump Administration to keep her job. She had to find her own lawyer—is he Art Vandelay?—because even the CFPB general counsel concluded that the law is on the Trump Administration’s side.

As a memo from the Justice Department Office of Legal Counsel (OLC) explains, 40 other office-specific statutes provide alternatives to the Vacancies Act. Even when it is not the “exclusive means for filling a vacancy, the [Vacancies Act] remains an available option” for a President to fill an opening, says the OLC memo. And “the President’s designation necessarily controls” unless a statute includes language expressly stating otherwise. Dodd-Frank does not.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5660 on: November 27, 2017, 10:19:24 PM »
There are literally hundreds of thousands of libtards running around the internet voicing their support for this lady's pseudo-legal right to serve as an interim director.

It doesn't get more fucktarded than this.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: November 27, 2017, 10:22:05 PM »
Gut shot

This is a perversion of constitutional government that the President is right to resist and the courts should reject.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5662 on: November 27, 2017, 10:26:04 PM »
40 other office-specific statutes provide alternatives to the Vacancies Act.

Do they provide any of them? I'd be interested to know what they are.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5663 on: November 28, 2017, 07:53:05 AM »
There are literally hundreds of thousands of libtards running around the internet voicing their support for this lady's pseudo-legal right to serve as an interim director.

It doesn't get more fucktarded than this.
Its so LOL seeing you 20% remaining trumpers scurrying about trying to right every perceived wrong done to your dear leader. Nobody gives a bloop who runs the CFPB temporarily but just is a great case study on how whacked your boy has made even the simplest task completely borked.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5664 on: November 28, 2017, 07:58:52 AM »
90% of the right got in step behind trump the second he won the primary. there is nothing that he could say or do, no matter how against their perceived values, that would cause them to abandon their spot in line.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5665 on: November 28, 2017, 10:24:50 AM »
Obviously the WH is going to win this eventually whether in the short term or long term. Still pretty funny series of events that fits perfectly with this administration but would be unimaginable in any other recent presidency.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5666 on: November 28, 2017, 05:19:37 PM »

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5667 on: November 28, 2017, 07:50:02 PM »
A whackadoo libtard obama holdover self annoints herself the leader of an admin agency and files a lawsuit, and you fucktards are accusing don of being the problem.

AMAZE delusion and fantasy

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: November 28, 2017, 08:09:18 PM »
FSD failing to understand the situation AGAIN.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5669 on: November 28, 2017, 08:11:42 PM »
Delusion = if you don't operate under our egregiously false premise, you dont understand

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5670 on: November 28, 2017, 08:14:15 PM »
You guys wouldn't look so rough ridin' stupid if you would just exercise a modicum of reason and judgment when whining about don. There's no shortage of ridiculous  crap to point at.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5671 on: November 28, 2017, 08:21:43 PM »
You can really only conceive of reason that situation would appear in this thread?  :rolleyes:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #5672 on: November 28, 2017, 11:18:36 PM »
You guys wouldn't look so rough ridin' stupid if you would just exercise a modicum of reason and judgment when whining about don. There's no shortage of ridiculous  crap to point at.

give us your top 10
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5673 on: November 29, 2017, 07:35:42 AM »
Now he is retweeting random videos of supposed Muslim violence. I mean, what in the actual eff is going on?
:adios:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5674 on: November 29, 2017, 07:42:57 AM »
Not a video of a migrant, nor a Muslim, just a Dutch kid and a person without respect for the office he holds or the country he leads: https://twitter.com/jaydabf/status/935609305574903812
:adios: