Author Topic: The Death of Free Speech: Uber PC'ism-A further look  (Read 135778 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: The Death of Free Speech: Uber PC'ism-A further look
« Reply #576 on: May 20, 2018, 01:44:56 PM »
so he's saying we should have the system we have.  seems like that's mostly what he says.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 20, 2018, 01:49:23 PM »
he has an amazing talent for getting people riled up about nothing.  here's a tweet meme for that.

https://twitter.com/jessesingal/status/997634754223792129
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 20, 2018, 01:53:42 PM »
He looks like a complete jackass. Says jackass things like, "men have no rights these days." And his first google search result says he believes in witches and dragons. No thanks. I have better ways to waste my time than reading what he says.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 20, 2018, 02:10:31 PM »
He looks like a complete jackass. Says jackass things like, "men have no rights these days." And his first google search result says he believes in witches and dragons. No thanks. I have better ways to waste my time than reading what he says.
He doesn't say things like "men have no rights" and the references to witches and dragons are symbolic/allegorical. 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 10:55:36 PM by Dlew12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 20, 2018, 02:35:24 PM »
He doesn't say things like "men have no rights" and the references to witches and dragons are symbolic/allegorical.

I notice you did not address his looks.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 20, 2018, 04:14:36 PM »
He's handsome.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 20, 2018, 05:56:29 PM »
he definitely triggers more people than anyone I've seen in quite some time
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 20, 2018, 10:31:30 PM »
he has an amazing talent for getting people riled up about nothing.  here's a tweet meme for that.

https://twitter.com/jessesingal/status/997634754223792129
That's pretty funny

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 20, 2018, 11:30:13 PM »
Saw that yesterday.  I don't agree with everything Peterson says, but I think that article (particularly the "forced monogamy quote) is pretty unfair.

I think his message, in general, is good.

Isn't his whole message, in general, based on the premise that the world is supposed to be unfair?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 21, 2018, 08:44:44 AM »
Saw that yesterday.  I don't agree with everything Peterson says, but I think that article (particularly the "forced monogamy quote) is pretty unfair.

Isn't his whole message, in general, based on the premise that the world is supposed to be unfair?
Well his main ethos is to always tell the truth -- which i think would include truthful representations of his message.

And I don't think he's ever said that the world is supposed to be "unfair."  He recognizes that in a lot of instances it is unfair.  But i don't think he ever advocates for unfairness or anything. 

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #587 on: May 21, 2018, 08:59:17 AM »
He's one of the few brave enough heroes to tell us the real truth.  He delivers red pills left and right.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 21, 2018, 09:16:02 AM »

Well his main ethos is to always tell the truth -- which i think would include truthful representations of his message.

And I don't think he's ever said that the world is supposed to be "unfair."  He recognizes that in a lot of instances it is unfair.  But i don't think he ever advocates for unfairness or anything.

Come on, do you really think that's his "main ethos"? I really would be curious where you got that.

I'd say he's more about preserving historical heirarchies than telling the truth, but I've only read the unfair NYT piece and the unfair piece from that writer sys likes.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 21, 2018, 09:32:45 AM »

Come on, do you really think that's his "main ethos"? I really would be curious where you got that.

I'd say he's more about preserving historical heirarchies than telling the truth, but I've only read the unfair NYT piece and the unfair piece from that writer sys likes.
That's absolutely, 100% his main ethos.  Where I got that from is him repeating ad nauseum during his lectures that the most important thing you can do is to tell the truth and that it's truth that turns chaos into order and so on.  It's why he talks about Solzhenitsyn and the gulag archipelago so much.  His fundamental imperative is to tell the truth.

I still don't quite understand his hierarchies stuff other than that he recognizes they exist and for humans they're generally based on actual or perceived competence and that moving up the dominance/competence hierarchy is what we should all be trying to do. 

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #590 on: May 21, 2018, 09:39:09 AM »
He tells his audience the truth they want to hear.  That's the totality of it.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 21, 2018, 09:44:32 AM »

That's absolutely, 100% his main ethos.  Where I got that from is him repeating ad nauseum during his lectures that the most important thing you can do is to tell the truth and that it's truth that turns chaos into order and so on.  It's why he talks about Solzhenitsyn and the gulag archipelago so much.  His fundamental imperative is to tell the truth.

I still don't quite understand his hierarchies stuff other than that he recognizes they exist and for humans they're generally based on actual or perceived competence and that moving up the dominance/competence hierarchy is what we should all be trying to do.
The hierarchy stuff plays a huge role in his popularity. He's not unique enough without it.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 21, 2018, 09:50:06 AM »
You may be right -- i like how he uses it for his "get up off your ass and do something about your situation" message.  Go out and accomplish something meaningful.  Move up the hierarchy.  I think it's pretty empowering.  This is more or less a repackaging of "rugged individualism" but I think that's a fine message for personal growth.

Yes.  Everyone is dying to be told that their lousy life-situation has more to do with their own bad actions rather than any circumstances beyond their control.  It may be bullshit, but I don't think it's pandering.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 10:05:15 AM by Dlew12 »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 21, 2018, 11:24:06 AM »

audience capture is a hell of a drug.  hell, i censor myself for this audience for free, imagine what 80k a month would do to your filter.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 21, 2018, 11:25:19 AM »
Where can I subscribe to uncensored sys?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 21, 2018, 11:28:03 AM »
i don't think i'm ready to let anyone see that.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 21, 2018, 12:55:04 PM »
fwiw, i think this is a pretty fair critique of peterson:

https://newrepublic.com/article/148473/jordan-petersons-tired-old-myths

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 21, 2018, 01:17:32 PM »
this is the incel-whisperer that everyone is making fun of on twitter. I was wondering if there was a thread for him and here it is.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 21, 2018, 02:01:24 PM »
this is the incel-whisperer that everyone is making fun of on twitter. I was wondering if there was a thread for him and here it is.
That's him.  He tells incels to get their crap together and be better men.  Treacherous stuff.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #599 on: May 21, 2018, 02:17:11 PM »
It's Frozen's fault.