Author Topic: KSUw talks about abortion and FSD does something  (Read 7284 times)

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: serious thread for asking actual sane republicans questions
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2015, 12:04:31 AM »
Anyone who bases their politics on "social" policy is an unadulterated moron without a modicum of understanding as to what a government is or what it should do.

Respectfully, FSD, the protection of life is a very appropriate function of government.

Just curious KSUW...how do you personally feel about the refusal of many GOP lawmakers to grant exceptions for rape/incest/health of the mother?

There aren't that many of those, but how do I feel about them? They are morally consistent but not politically pragmatic. From a logical and moral standpoint, a child of rape is just as innocent as any other child, and no more deserving of being ripped apart in the womb. It is the rapist who should be executed - not the child. However, I take the more pragmatic approach. I would much rather compromise by allowing such exceptions if it meant outlawing most abortion. Similarly, I support OTC morning after pills because they further reduce the need or justification for later term abortion.
I guess it's to each their own. For me, personally, the scenario of surving being raped and all the physical and psychological damage that comes with it, followed by being forced to have a very real daily reminder of that rape growing inside you for the next 9 months, then the hazards associated with child birth, (which, I hope you have good insurance bc the state is not going to pick up the tab for your hospital stay) and finally the gut wrenching choice that comes from the conflicting feelings of this is still my baby I'll keep it and continue to have that daily reminder of being raped for at least the next 18 years so as I raise this kid as (probably) a single parent, or give it up for adoption. All that bc the state says yeah, sorry dems da breaks. For me I'm not sure I could imagine a more vivid hell, but hey that's just me.

Yeah, that does sound pretty bad. Almost as bad as if you're the baby... But let's explore your hypo a bit further. If a woman is raped, they can go to a hospital and receive emergency contraception. No pregnancy. So how often do you think your scenario really happens?

Fair point! I guess there are a few assumptions need be made here. First, let's assume what you're saying is accurate, that should a woman go to a hospital the day after being raped that the hospital staff can and will provide her with emergency contraception. Let us then assume that immediately following the rape, the woman manages to be of sound mind to have the wherewithal to go to the hospital for said treatment, instead of being in a paralyzed state of fear, shame, confusion, guilt, shock, etc. ok ok ok so this treatment exists and aside from the rape thing she's feeling okay, so it's off to the hospital we go! Oh, right...yes, let us also assume that she can afford it...both in the sense that she has the money and/or her insurance, if she has it, would cover such treatment, and also that she can afford it in the sense that she can afford to miss work to go to the hospital. And finally, let us assume she's not in a place like say...Texas, where 39 of 45 facilities equipped to perform an abortion were shut down bc they did not adhere to the criteria of an Ambulatory Service Center. In some cases, the burden placed on a woman seeking such treatment would result in a nearly 650 mile round trip just to see the doctor.

Sorry, that was a lot of assumptions there, but all that notwithstanding yeah you make a valid point, I can't argue with that.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2015, 12:11:54 AM »
g'night pit. sleep tight. don't let the wackos bite.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2015, 12:13:28 AM »
g'night pit. sleep tight. don't let the wackos bite.

:ohno:

luckily fsd is passed out drunk and everyone is asleep in ksuw's house so he can finally slink away and crank one out to lena dunam
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2015, 08:26:03 AM »
K-S-U, what do you think the penalty for getting an abortion should be?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2015, 08:27:18 AM »
Dems are masters of the soft bigotry of low expectations towards women and minorities.

Sorry lib7 and RD but I'd like ksuw to elaborate this

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KSUw talks about abortion and FSD does something
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2015, 09:06:00 AM »
Oh look at that, the mods are the free speech police! Cute.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2015, 09:06:37 AM »
So, you can make threads that certain people aren't aloow3d to post in now?  How goE-y.  Is Fitz or Dr J moderating on here now?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2015, 09:07:06 AM »
So, you can make threads that certain people aren't aloow3d to post in now?  How goE-y.  Is Fitz or Dr J moderating on here now?

It's because you are white.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2015, 09:47:53 AM »
lol at pit only posters just seeing a thread merge or split for the first time. gE is the king of message boards at thread merge/splits.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2015, 10:03:08 AM »
Abortion tolerance is reflective of the morals of our country.  In this case the value of life.  Too bad the unborn can't vote, the liberal democrats would be against abortion.  Unfortunately the don't understand biology.  A concieved human if the biological process is left alone will become a person who can contribute and vote.  If abortion services would have been available would Obama have been born?  I cannot see any logic in allowing an unborn baby being turned into meat loaf.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2015, 10:16:40 AM »
Abortion tolerance is reflective of the morals of our country.  In this case the value of life.  Too bad the unborn can't vote, the liberal democrats would be against abortion.  Unfortunately the don't understand biology.  A concieved human if the biological process is left alone will become a person who can contribute and vote.  If abortion services would have been available would Obama have been born?  I cannot see any logic in allowing an unborn baby being turned into meat loaf.

you should read freakonomics.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2015, 10:30:50 AM »
It's crazy that the abortion debate is driven so hard by many of the same ppl who would prefer that we just "turn the middle east to glass" with a couple nukes.  Not speaking of KSUW or FSD, or really ppl on this blog, but definitely see it in the far right locals I encounter.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2015, 10:37:31 AM »
lol at pit only posters just seeing a thread merge or split for the first time. gE is the king of message boards at thread merge/splits.

I don't have a problem with mods modding irrelevant content into different threads. That's not what you did. My posts about the republican pro-life position were entirely relevant to the discussion. I also pointed out the irony of a poster (a) starting a thread complaining about "wackos" and then (b) saying he's ok with killing a viable baby at nine months just before birth because "until the thing is born, i don't consider it a person." When somebody says something like that, I'm going to call them on it, and it shouldn't have to be in a separate thread titled "KSUw talks about abortion" - this is an important difference between some republicans and at least some democrats (the whole point of the original thread).
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 10:50:25 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2015, 11:02:11 AM »

I don't have a problem with mods modding irrelevant content into different threads. That's not what you did. My posts about the republican pro-life position were entirely relevant to the discussion. I also pointed out the irony of a poster (a) starting a thread complaining about "wackos" and then (b) saying he's ok with killing a viable baby at nine months just before birth because "until the thing is born, i don't consider it a person." When somebody says something like that, I'm going to call them on it, and it shouldn't have to be in a separate thread titled "KSUw talks about abortion" - this is an important difference between some republicans and at least some democrats (the whole point of the original thread).

you will notice that posters posts are also included in this new abortion master thread

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2015, 12:40:49 PM »

i've been listening to some of the podcasts lately. it's 95% dubner but he occasionally has levitt on for something and i'm always like yep levitt just nailed it again. he is pretty great.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2015, 01:41:19 PM »

i've been listening to some of the podcasts lately. it's 95% dubner but he occasionally has levitt on for something and i'm always like yep levitt just nailed it again. he is pretty great.

Get the book/audiobook.  It is really good.  I like the podcast ok, but the book was great, imo.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2015, 02:13:44 PM »
Dems are masters of the soft bigotry of low expectations towards women and minorities.

Heeeeellllloooooo anyone home

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2015, 02:18:54 PM »

They're in the midst of one of the greatest meltdowns in history. (Per capita)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2015, 02:26:07 PM »

Get the book/audiobook.  It is really good.  I like the podcast ok, but the book was great, imo.

yeah i read the book back when it first came out. on a plane of course. in listening to the podcasts, i just figure out how much i like levitt. there was a parenting one recently and levitt was basically like "why would i drag my kid around to piano practice and all that other crap that some parents make their kids do when i could just be home watching tv?"

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2015, 04:36:38 PM »
eff i google imaged conjoined teeth and was too grossed out to even deal with copying a link to img post here

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2015, 07:25:22 PM »
eff i google imaged conjoined teeth and was too grossed out to even deal with copying a link to img post here

I bit the bullet for you guys. WARNING!!!! DO NOT GOOGLE IT YOURSELF.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2015, 07:40:42 PM »
that thing should have been aborted
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2015, 09:39:27 PM »

They're in the midst of one of the greatest meltdowns in history. (Per capita)

Yeah sorry, I was busy clown suiting Rusty in another thread. Just now seeing this.

The Soft Bigotry of Low Expectations actually refers to two different but related things. The first are liberal affirmative action policies which are intended to help minorities, but can actually end up hurting them and society at large by not holding them to the same standards as everyone else. So, for example, police departments watering down admission tests in order to yield more black officers. http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/doj-pressured-city-of-dayton-to-lower-testing-standards-for-police-recruits-to-accommodate-minority-candidates/ Or the military lowering physical fitness tests to yield more women. Fraudulently adjusting grades and/or lowering testing standards for minority students. Etc.

The second is liberals saying some truly ugly, bigoted things without even realizing it. For example, Harry Reid's amazement at how "articulate" and "clean" Obama is. Or Chris Matthews being so mesmerized by an Obama speech that "for an hour there, I forgot he was black." These liberals expect less of minorities, and are surprised when they meet people who exceed their low expectations.

Both of these issues are the result of liberal victimology, which holds that women and minorities are inherently victims of an oppressive majority, and therefore should not be treated equally and cannot be expected to achieve the same standards without help (from the government, of course).
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 08:04:50 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2015, 10:33:17 PM »
They're also the party of hard bigotry. See:

The Confederate states of America
The ku Klux klan
The virulent opposition to the civil rights act (led by AL Gore Sr)
The beat downs and wage discrimination led by "organized labor"
Woodrow Wilson, Robert Byrd and Joe Kennedy, avid racists
Segregation and George Wallace
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2015, 08:06:19 AM »
They're also the party of hard bigotry. See:

The Confederate states of America
The ku Klux klan
The virulent opposition to the civil rights act (led by AL Gore Sr)
The beat downs and wage discrimination led by "organized labor"
Woodrow Wilson, Robert Byrd and Joe Kennedy, avid racists
Segregation and George Wallace

Well yeah, historically. Now they've rebranded. Much more subtle.