Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 3980678 times)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #30200 on: January 11, 2018, 09:09:44 AM »
UCF could be a legit program down the road. Almost certainly not worth investment at this point, but I would have taken them over TCU in a heartbeat.
UCF nor USF have any business being in the Big XII, but both would have been better adds than TCU. TCU added absolutely nothing of value to the Big XII and was just a panic add by the idiots who were calling the shots back then.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30202 on: January 11, 2018, 01:26:13 PM »
Reading for your pleasure:
http://www.wftv.com/news/local/local-congressman-asks-big-12-commissioner-to-consider-admitting-ucf-usf/681403846

Bowlsby will stipulate that the 'War on I-4' be renamed the 'Showdown on I-4 presented by your local West-Central Florida area Ford dealers'.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #30203 on: January 11, 2018, 01:41:05 PM »
Didn't we, like, already consider them a year ago ?
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #30204 on: January 11, 2018, 03:04:56 PM »
The dilbert guy!
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30205 on: January 11, 2018, 04:37:49 PM »
UCF could be a legit program down the road. Almost certainly not worth investment at this point, but I would have taken them over TCU in a heartbeat.
UCF nor USF have any business being in the Big XII, but both would have been better adds than TCU. TCU added absolutely nothing of value to the Big XII and was just a panic add by the idiots who were calling the shots back then.

If that is seriously your take, then we should absolutely take the florida schools because TCU is a great member now.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30206 on: January 11, 2018, 04:57:50 PM »

If that is seriously your take, then we should absolutely take the florida schools because TCU is a great member now.

They help the image of the Big 12 as a strong football conference but I think scott means that they don't add anything financially because OU and UT already deliver the DFW media market.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30207 on: January 11, 2018, 05:22:38 PM »

They help the image of the Big 12 as a strong football conference but I think scott means that they don't add anything financially because OU and UT already deliver the DFW media market.

That is exactly what I meant, and I thought as a website we were a million miles past the idea that realignment is about how good football teams are. If that is what it was about Boise would have had a power conference home, we would have added Houston or Memphis this last go around. TCU is a tiny private school in a city we already dominate. I stand 100% behind my original statement now and will forever. It’s the exact same reason why Baylor never should have been included in the conference.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #30208 on: January 11, 2018, 06:36:14 PM »
Are you seriously comparing Baylor & TCU to UCF & USF.  Baylor & TCU are little dinky schools in Texas;  already owned by UT.  What do we have in Florida?  Nothing but the opportunity to become established in SEC and ACC country with schools many times larger than the stupid comparison of little shitty Baylor & dinky little TCU.  Give me a break with this crappy comparison. 
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30209 on: January 11, 2018, 06:41:35 PM »
I DON'T CARE

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #30210 on: January 11, 2018, 06:45:53 PM »
look at you!
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30211 on: January 11, 2018, 07:54:55 PM »
I'll say it again just for [you], so we can all agree.  We need UCF & USF for our conference.  This would put us in the second largest recruiting state in the NCAA.  We would have teams in SEC, ACC, AAC, BIG 10 and of course Big XII Texas.  At that point in time we could publicize that we are truly the BIG XII.  This will not only improve recruiting, but help with our network contract in a few years.  Also would mostly guarantee our future, with a twelve team conference that may end up with the largest TV following in the country.

if anyone is worried about the Florida teams, I do believe they are both serious about their football programs.   Look at the investment they both have made in their programs.  They both have quality coaches, and have had very good coaches.  They are doing this with a network contract that is about a tenth of what the Big XII deliverers.   

USF, yes
UCF- NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND

But I have been and always will be a proponent for the following (in case y'all forgot):
-Pitt
-Cinncy (was an option, probs not anymore. AAC is too strong, especially w/basketball [will be a new power conference])
-Memphis (See Cinncy)
-Houston (See Memphis)

Pitt is my ride or die fo sho. They would envy to revive that WVU rivalry and the Big 12 would essentially own that market. But if we get Pitt, Cinncy is a must too. Eff any teams west of the central time zone and eff any of yous if you think the B12 should add any western teams.
@Trogdor_gE

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30212 on: January 11, 2018, 08:02:40 PM »
I would rather add Boise State.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30213 on: January 11, 2018, 08:03:43 PM »
I would rather add Boise State.

Dont do this to me KK
@Trogdor_gE

Offline LeggoKatZ

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30214 on: January 11, 2018, 08:34:51 PM »
Why in the wide world of sports would Pitt leave the ACC?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30215 on: January 11, 2018, 08:43:25 PM »
Nothing like conference realignment to make dumbasses emboldened to post their expert opinion on crap they have literally no idea what they are talking about.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steaksdime

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30216 on: January 11, 2018, 09:24:07 PM »
I'll say it again just for [you], so we can all agree.  We need UCF & USF for our conference.  This would put us in the second largest recruiting state in the NCAA.  We would have teams in SEC, ACC, AAC, BIG 10 and of course Big XII Texas.  At that point in time we could publicize that we are truly the BIG XII.  This will not only improve recruiting, but help with our network contract in a few years.  Also would mostly guarantee our future, with a twelve team conference that may end up with the largest TV following in the country.

if anyone is worried about the Florida teams, I do believe they are both serious about their football programs.   Look at the investment they both have made in their programs.  They both have quality coaches, and have had very good coaches.  They are doing this with a network contract that is about a tenth of what the Big XII deliverers.   
Remind me what I said again.

Offline Ihaveteeth

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30217 on: January 11, 2018, 10:06:17 PM »

:gocho:

Offline steaksdime

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30218 on: January 12, 2018, 10:28:32 AM »

:gocho:
I see. I didn't know you could put a variable in a post that would pull the logged in username. Tricky.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30219 on: January 12, 2018, 06:39:24 PM »
Oh, hai Ron Anderson.

Remember when the Big XII prob could have gotten Pitt and L'Ville to come with WVU?  Man we really screwed the pooch on that one!
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Ihaveteeth

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30220 on: January 12, 2018, 07:00:58 PM »
Oh, hai Ron Anderson.

Remember when the Big XII prob could have gotten Pitt and L'Ville to come with WVU?  Man we really screwed the pooch on that one!
City Schools : Big 12     as     The Track : KU football

Like...bad decisions were made based on outsiders making fun of it.  When will the Big 12 learn from the SEC/Trump example?  If you simply declare yourself the greatest, dismiss all evidence to the contrary, and stay on message, the stupid poors will carry you to victory.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30221 on: January 12, 2018, 07:23:27 PM »
Oh, hai Ron Anderson.

Just weeks ago, the conference wasn’t just confident, it was optimistic about its future. The Big 12 seemed on the verge of imploding. Verbal agreements had been reached with Kansas, Kansas State and Missouri to join the Big East, forming a league with 20 basketball members and 12 football members.

But when Baylor and Iowa State put the brakes on Texas A&M moving from the Big 12 to the SEC by filing suit asking for damages, the ACC had time to sort through its options. Syracuse gives the ACC a presence in the New York market; Pitt also is in a significant market. The ACC would become the country’s best basketball league.

I don't remember it going down like this but honestly, I would have been good with it. Of course Baylor and Iowa State mumped it up.
https://nypost.com/2011/09/18/syracuse-pittsburgh-leaving-big-east-for-acc/

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #30222 on: January 12, 2018, 07:24:56 PM »
Stay at ten.  No Florida schools because I don't give a crap about them.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #30223 on: January 12, 2018, 07:31:13 PM »
Stay at ten.  No Florida schools because I don't give a crap about them.
Well that settles it

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #30224 on: January 12, 2018, 07:40:18 PM »
I don't want to have to, but you guys made me put my foot down