Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4048983 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #30175 on: January 06, 2018, 10:50:44 AM »
Fourteen team conferences are two seven team conferences.

They should, but they currently don't work that way. The SEC plays two cross divisional games, the Big 10 plays three.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30176 on: January 06, 2018, 11:09:15 AM »

They should, but they currently don't work that way. The SEC plays two cross divisional games, the Big 10 plays three.

I know they don't but they should.  You don't see anybody from the other division often enough to have build any sort of rivalry.  Its like picking two random non-cons to count towards picking a division champ.  Someone get Bama in the SEC and someone else gets Arkansas.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30177 on: January 06, 2018, 01:07:53 PM »

I know they don't but they should.  You don't see anybody from the other division often enough to have build any sort of rivalry.  Its like picking two random non-cons to count towards picking a division champ.  Someone get Bama in the SEC and someone else gets Arkansas.

As much as I love round robin play, I would be okay with the Big 12 going 14 but not counting the cross divisional games in the standings.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30178 on: January 07, 2018, 09:45:45 AM »
14 team conferences = AIDS. Agreed.

Let's change the name to the Big Ten and lawyer up!

Yea, that KSU-Tech cross divisional game would be super exciting.

Let's just make Texas and OU happy, so our asses don't end up in the Mountain West.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #30179 on: January 07, 2018, 01:32:39 PM »
I'll say it again just for [you], so we can all agree.  We need UCF & USF for our conference.  This would put us in the second largest recruiting state in the NCAA.  We would have teams in SEC, ACC, AAC, BIG 10 and of course Big XII Texas.  At that point in time we could publicize that we are truly the BIG XII.  This will not only improve recruiting, but help with our network contract in a few years.  Also would mostly guarantee our future, with a twelve team conference that may end up with the largest TV following in the country.

if anyone is worried about the Florida teams, I do believe they are both serious about their football programs.   Look at the investment they both have made in their programs.  They both have quality coaches, and have had very good coaches.  They are doing this with a network contract that is about a tenth of what the Big XII deliverers.     
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30180 on: January 07, 2018, 08:09:02 PM »
Word! Big 12 having 10 teams is re-damndiculus...
Dax fan club member!

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30181 on: January 07, 2018, 09:23:41 PM »
The Blue Raja doesn’t wear blue.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #30182 on: January 08, 2018, 08:31:16 PM »
With the Florida schools in the Big XII, we could match them against Florida, Florida State, and/or Miami. 
We already have an agreement with the SEC for matches, so we do the same with the ACC to give WVU, USF, and UCF matches.  All I see is excitement with this addition to the Big XII.  Right now we are too regional and boring.  Makes schools like OU and UT want to wander over to the other conferences just for the new challenges.  Let's not give these power houses reason to brake up our conference.  We need a BIG XII!

Offline Ihaveteeth

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30183 on: January 08, 2018, 09:30:24 PM »
With the Florida schools in the Big XII, we could match them against Florida, Florida State, and/or Miami. 
We already have an agreement with the SEC for matches, so we do the same with the ACC to give WVU, USF, and UCF matches.  All I see is excitement with this addition to the Big XII.  Right now we are too regional and boring.  Makes schools like OU and UT want to wander over to the other conferences just for the new challenges.  Let's not give these power houses reason to brake up our conference.  We need a BIG XII!
If you think those schools would agree to play UCF and USF, you're out of your mind.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #30184 on: January 09, 2018, 08:56:43 PM »
This season UCF could have kicked Florida and Florida State's ass.  USF would have gave them a run for their money, if not an outright win.  Miami would be a toss up. 

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #30185 on: January 09, 2018, 08:58:32 PM »
They not only would represent, but be quality members of the BIG XII.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30186 on: January 09, 2018, 09:04:48 PM »
I'll say it again just for [you], so we can all agree.  We need UCF & USF for our conference.  This would put us in the second largest recruiting state in the NCAA.  We would have teams in SEC, ACC, AAC, BIG 10 and of course Big XII Texas.  At that point in time we could publicize that we are truly the BIG XII.  This will not only improve recruiting, but help with our network contract in a few years.  Also would mostly guarantee our future, with a twelve team conference that may end up with the largest TV following in the country.

if anyone is worried about the Florida teams, I do believe they are both serious about their football programs.   Look at the investment they both have made in their programs.  They both have quality coaches, and have had very good coaches.  They are doing this with a network contract that is about a tenth of what the Big XII deliverers.   

I can get down with this. Some east-west divisions? Or Legends and Hangers On divisions? But seriously, UCF and USF, of the non P5 schools out there, might be the best overall bet to make. Better than Cincinnati or Memphis for sure.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #30187 on: January 09, 2018, 09:05:35 PM »
The best thing about this scenario is both of these schools would be proud to be part of the BIG XII.  Unlike shitty Moo U and T-A&M nut cases.

Offline Ihaveteeth

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30188 on: January 10, 2018, 12:18:02 AM »
This season UCF could have kicked Florida and Florida State's ass.  USF would have gave them a run for their money, if not an outright win.  Miami would be a toss up.
Yeah.  That's why you're out of your mind if you think the big boys would let those games happen.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #30189 on: January 10, 2018, 12:27:51 AM »
They already beat USF this year.

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30190 on: January 10, 2018, 10:54:33 AM »
UCF and USF seem like long term investments that primarily benefit UCF and USF.

If we're looking to boost the profile of G5 teams why aren't we talking about Colorado State and Cincy? Seems like they'd be more likely to actually deliver their media market too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30191 on: January 10, 2018, 11:01:06 AM »
UCF and USF seem like long term investments that primarily benefit UCF and USF.

If we're looking to boost the profile of G5 teams why aren't we talking about Colorado State and Cincy? Seems like they'd be more likely to actually deliver their media market too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one's talking about USF and UCF but katdaddy.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #30192 on: January 10, 2018, 12:11:04 PM »
RowdyBoyy is all in on ucf/usf irrc
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30193 on: January 10, 2018, 06:26:40 PM »

:rolleyes:

Hey OU... you know how your fans are complaining about how you never get any big name teams in Norman like you used to with Nubby and A&M? Have I got some news for you! We are adding UCF and USF to the league so you get to look forward to those practically blue blooded programs coming to town on a semi-regular basis!! Yay!

The best way to kill the Big 12 would be to add small regional programs, with little history and no fans, that have practically nothing in common with any of our current schools. I mean, what are the things in common between OU and UCF? They both play football... other than that...?

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #30194 on: January 10, 2018, 08:18:08 PM »
What schools are you thinking that are up to your imagined OU standards.  Please don't bring up schools that are in P5 conferences, cause that's just jerking off to make believe.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 08:21:14 PM by Katdaddy »

Offline Ihaveteeth

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30195 on: January 11, 2018, 12:59:48 AM »

:rolleyes:

Hey OU... you know how your fans are complaining about how you never get any big name teams in Norman like you used to with Nubby and A&M? Have I got some news for you! We are adding UCF and USF to the league so you get to look forward to those practically blue blooded programs coming to town on a semi-regular basis!! Yay!

The best way to kill the Big 12 would be to add small regional programs, with little history and no fans, that have practically nothing in common with any of our current schools. I mean, what are the things in common between OU and UCF? They both play football... other than that...?

Both schools are larger than OU.  USF has about the same enrollment as Texas.  If you combined OU, Okie State,  and Wichita State, you come close to UCF enrollment.   That's a lot of alums, and possible fans of our conference.
The University of Phoenix has an even bigger enrollment.  Pick up them plus Northern Arizona's 30,000 students.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #30196 on: January 11, 2018, 05:11:39 AM »
Well that's a stupid take.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30197 on: January 11, 2018, 07:09:07 AM »
It might be difficult to convince the U of Phoenix Cardinals to leave the NFL.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #30198 on: January 11, 2018, 07:22:28 AM »
I assume anyone advocating those directional Florida schools are trolling. I don't know what to believe anymore.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30199 on: January 11, 2018, 08:29:52 AM »
UCF could be a legit program down the road. Almost certainly not worth investment at this point, but I would have taken them over TCU in a heartbeat.