Author Topic: Wanna live, avoid all Missouri cops  (Read 9853 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Wanna live, avoid all Missouri cops
« on: November 24, 2014, 11:59:35 PM »
So this summer this kid from Iowa named Brandon Ellingson took a trip to the Ozarks and decided to do a little underaged drinking, well his punishment was murder by the Missouri HP. IMO this is much much worse than the Michael Brown incident but it won't get the national media attention. This kid was undoubtedly murdered but because of lying cops and small town cover-ups these cops will literally get away with murder and are still out there "serving" the public, its disgusting.

This article is long, at least watch the video, it is a disturbing account of how little these people care about the lives of the people they are supposed to be serving. There are many articles from primarily either Des Moines or CoMo/Jeff City about this but nothing nationally, this is the most comprehensive. This reporter did an amazing job and I hope she wins an emmy.

http://www.abc17news.com/news/trooper-i-feel-like-i-drowned-that-kid/29779624

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Wanna live, avoid all Missouri cops
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 12:28:36 AM »
I'm not even a minority and I already feel like I can't trust a single cop (obviously not all cops are bad, but how do you know which ones?)

This story is so depressing  :frown:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 06:39:34 AM »
murder, no
manslaughter, yes
cover-up should be treated with the same accomplice felony rules which common criminals are prosecuted under. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 08:19:24 AM »
murder, no
manslaughter, yes
cover-up should be treated with the same accomplice felony rules which common criminals are prosecuted under.

Probably, guy shouldn't be employed anymore.
The cover up is the scary part.  White or black, if a cop kills someone his buddies will work to cover it up and the prosecutor will likely be complicit

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 08:51:03 AM »
Let's get rid of cops.  Everyone carry a gun and shoot at will.  Comments on this thread about cops are sickening.  Police are not perfect, and bad crap happens.  We are too quick in this country to lump everyone in the same pile on different issues.  There are a lot of good cops and good black people in the U.S.  If we demean and disrespect law enforcement we are going to see more bad things and only able to recruit barney wannabes to police forces.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 08:54:00 AM »
Let's get rid of cops.  Everyone carry a gun and shoot at will.  Comments on this thread about cops are sickening.  Police are not perfect, and bad crap happens.  We are too quick in this country to lump everyone in the same pile on different issues.  There are a lot of good cops and good black people in the U.S.  If we demean and disrespect law enforcement we are going to see more bad things and only able to recruit barney wannabes to police forces.

Hmm so we should just let cops serve carte Blanche?

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 10:58:03 AM »
renocat has worked really hard to out himself as a dumbass the last month or so.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 11:06:34 AM »

Hmm so we should just let cops serve carte Blanche?
The Blue Wall protects all.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 12:53:26 PM »
That's awful!  :frown:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 01:44:56 PM »
I followed that story all summer. Really bad. The cops screwed up, but do not face consequences. Rinse, repeat.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 02:28:07 PM »
I followed that story all summer. Really bad. The cops screwed up, but do not face consequences. Rinse, repeat.
Still boils down to when you do stupid crap... sometimes you die.  Deserve has nothing to do with it. 
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2014, 02:34:57 PM »
Still boils down to when you do stupid crap... sometimes you die.  Deserve has nothing to do with it.
The cop did even stupider crap - driving a relatively small boat too fast on a rough lake with possibly inebriated, definitely cuffed and incorrectly life jacketed passenger.  It's bad enough they aren't subject to any criminal charges but these guys don't even lose their jobs over huge mistakes like this.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2014, 02:40:52 PM »
DNR article, but the radio coverage said the d00d was more than slightly inebriated.  Supposedly, he was super duper drunk.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2014, 02:47:32 PM »
DNR article, but the radio coverage said the d00d was more than slightly inebriated.  Supposedly, he was super duper drunk.

right, but the cop took the man's life into his own hands when he removed him from his boat and his friends and handcuffed him so he couldnt swim if he wanted to and put a life jacket on him incorrectly.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2014, 02:58:17 PM »
Oh, I fully agree.  Someone should hold that cop's head under water for a good 10 min or so.  I was responding to Skipper's post about the guy possibly being inebriated.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 02:59:31 PM »
Oh, I fully agree.  Someone should hold that cop's head under water for a good 10 min or so.  I was responding to Skipper's post about the guy possibly being inebriated.

lol

and then i just said exactly what he said

LOOP CLOSED

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2014, 03:16:37 PM »
So this summer this kid from Iowa named Brandon Ellingson took a trip to the Ozarks and decided to do a little underaged drinking, well his punishment was murder by the Missouri HP. IMO this is much much worse than the Michael Brown incident but it won't get the national media attention. This kid was undoubtedly murdered but because of lying cops and small town cover-ups these cops will literally get away with murder and are still out there "serving" the public, its disgusting.

Murder? Are you serious? The trooper was negligent, but he didn't intend to kill the kid. The kid wasn't just drunk - he was rough ridin' plowed. Had a BAC of .268. (For an added dose of irony, the name of the boat was "Sotally Tober"). The trooper mumped up by putting the wrong life vest on him. He was poorly trained. So if you want to be outraged about a poorly trained trooper negligently drowning a kid - that's a-ok - but to call this "murder" is ridiculous.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2014, 03:18:57 PM »

Murder? Are you serious? The trooper was negligent, but he didn't intend to kill the kid. The kid wasn't just drunk - he was rough ridin' plowed. Had a BAC of .268. (For an added dose of irony, the name of the boat was "Sotally Tober"). The trooper mumped up by putting the wrong life vest on him. He was poorly trained. So if you want to be outraged about a poorly trained trooper negligently drowning a kid - that's a-ok - but to call this "murder" is ridiculous.

negligent homicide

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2014, 03:24:47 PM »
Being pro-negligent homicide is such a weird stance to take. 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2014, 03:29:11 PM »

negligent homicide

Right, at most. Not murder.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2014, 03:29:27 PM »
negligent murder

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2014, 03:31:10 PM »
Ad Negligent Homocide Per Aspera

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2014, 03:49:40 PM »
The story isn't that a cop accidentally killed a kid, rubes. The story is that even in ridiculous circumstances like these, even with cops operating under a different set of rules than the rest of us, if something goes awry those in command will go out of their way to cover up for a cop.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2014, 03:50:50 PM »
The story isn't that a cop accidentally killed a kid, rubes. The story is that even in ridiculous circumstances like these, even with cops operating under a different set of rules than the rest of us, if something goes awry those in command will go out of their way to cover up for a cop.

thats true.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2014, 03:51:38 PM »
kazzoodub, what are your thoughts on the cover up and abuse of trust and power? negligence?