Author Topic: Grass Roots Movement  (Read 6692 times)

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
Re: Grass Roots Movement
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2010, 08:41:54 AM »

Agreed.  If we don't make changes to both sides of the isle, it will likely tip over or capsize.

Much like Guam

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2010, 08:50:43 AM »

Agreed.  If we don't make changes to both sides of the isle, it will likely tip over or capsize.

Much like Guam

LMAO, Jeffy should have caught it and turned it into a joke like you just did by pointing out the similarities between his post and that guy saying that!  ROFLMFAO at this guy with his jokes!

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2010, 10:11:54 AM »
didn't answer my question.

own a car?

If you don't want to buy car insurance, just don't drive. 

Exactly.  There are plenty of public transportation options available.

I realize you understand this, but you can drive without car insurance as long as you don't get pulled over or you are not in an accident. No one from the government is actively looking for you.

Not so with our new health care. The IRS will hunt you down, fine you, keep your tax return, then garnish your wages to cover the fine. Love the IRS. :love:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2010, 10:22:50 AM »

own a car?

I realize you understand this, but you can drive without car insurance as long as you don't get pulled over or you are not in an accident. No one from the government is actively looking for you.

Not so with our new health care. The IRS will hunt you down, fine you, keep your tax return, then garnish your wages to cover the fine. Love the IRS. :love:

So..I can only assume that you'd also advise potential immigrants to bypass lengthy and sometimes costly immigration documents and enter the country illegally so long as they didn't get arrested?  :dunno:
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2010, 11:06:09 AM »

own a car?

So..I can only assume that you'd also advise potential immigrants to bypass lengthy and sometimes costly immigration documents and enter the country illegally so long as they didn't get arrested?  :dunno:

If they like, they have a choice. But I would also suggest the government actively hunt them down and deport them or make the border more difficult to cross illegally. If we can hunt our own citizens, we should be able to do it with those here illegally. Seems simple, no?

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2010, 11:31:19 AM »

own a car?

If they like, they have a choice. But I would also suggest the government actively hunt them down and deport them or make the border more difficult to cross illegally. If we can hunt our own citizens, we should be able to do it with those here illegally. Seems simple, no?

So you're in favor of hunting down people that don't pay their insurance?
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2010, 12:07:17 PM »

Much like Guam

LMAO, Jeffy should have caught it and turned it into a joke like you just did by pointing out the similarities between his post and that guy saying that!  ROFLMFAO at this guy with his jokes!

:runaway:

Sugar Dick

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2010, 12:41:47 PM »
This thread is so full of false analogies it's lost all purpose

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2010, 02:17:27 PM »

own a car?

So you're in favor of hunting down people that don't pay their insurance?

No, but our current administration seems to be all for it. 16,500 new IRS agents to enforce you buying your health insurance. :dunno:

Offline Prince McJunkins

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2010, 03:45:27 PM »
No, but our current administration seems to be all for it. 16,500 new IRS agents to enforce you buying your health insurance.

This cute talking point has been debunked to absurdity.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2010, 01:24:10 AM »
No, but our current administration seems to be all for it. 16,500 new IRS agents to enforce you buying your health insurance.

Really? So if you don't have health insurance the IRS will not send you a bill? They won't try to collect?

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2010, 09:44:50 AM »

Really? So if you don't have health insurance the IRS will not send you a bill? They won't try to collect?

:tappingfootlookingatclock:

Offline Prince McJunkins

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2010, 01:18:59 PM »
From Factcheck.org:
This wildly inaccurate claim started as an inflated, partisan assertion that 16,500 new IRS employees might be required to administer the new law. That devolved quickly into a claim, made by some Republican lawmakers, that 16,500 IRS ‘agents’ would be required. Republican Rep. Ron Paul of Texas even claimed in a televised interview that all 16,500 would be carrying guns. None of those claims is true.

The IRS’ main job under the new law isn’t to enforce penalties. Its first task is to inform many small-business owners of a new tax credit that the new law grants them — starting this year — which will pay up to 35 percent of the employer’s contribution toward their workers’ health insurance. And in 2014 the IRS will also be administering additional subsidies — in the form of refundable tax credits — to help millions of low- and middle-income individuals buy health insurance.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2010, 02:42:53 PM »
From Factcheck.org:
This wildly inaccurate claim started as an inflated, partisan assertion that 16,500 new IRS employees might be required to administer the new law. That devolved quickly into a claim, made by some Republican lawmakers, that 16,500 IRS ‘agents’ would be required. Republican Rep. Ron Paul of Texas even claimed in a televised interview that all 16,500 would be carrying guns. None of those claims is true.

The IRS’ main job under the new law isn’t to enforce penalties. Its first task is to inform many small-business owners of a new tax credit that the new law grants them — starting this year — which will pay up to 35 percent of the employer’s contribution toward their workers’ health insurance. And in 2014 the IRS will also be administering additional subsidies — in the form of refundable tax credits — to help millions of low- and middle-income individuals buy health insurance.

Go to about 3:30 and see the IRS Commissioner squirm.

Offline mortons toe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2010, 07:43:03 PM »
lol........ he absolutely ate $h!t on an epic scale!!! When-o-when are you lib'tards going to stop fantasizing and rationalizing?

this never gets old.............    :lol: :facepalm:

Offline mortons toe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2010, 07:33:58 PM »
lol........ he absolutely ate $h!t on an epic scale!!! When-o-when are you lib'tards going to stop fantasizing and rationalizing?

this never gets old.............    :lol: :facepalm:

its rather comical how the lib'tards get completely owned and seem to just move on to the next subject "so quietly, as if on little cats paws"............  :lol:  :driving:  :lol: