Author Topic: Political Facebook Posts/Tweets From People  (Read 2162001 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Racist fb posts/tweets/snaps from KSU Family members or screeenshots of them
« Reply #17000 on: November 08, 2017, 11:24:50 AM »
How in the hell did I miss this? Time for me to catch up.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Racist fb posts/tweets/snaps from KSU Family members or screeenshots of them
« Reply #17001 on: November 08, 2017, 11:30:14 AM »
guy should be in prison.

:dubious:

that prank is hilarious, got tens of thousands of people to hate k-state
it's much worse than that, it's something concrete for actual bigots to cite the next time a legitimate activist has their house burned down

Yep,  :cry:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17002 on: November 08, 2017, 11:34:55 AM »
it's much worse than that, it's something concrete for actual bigots to cite the next time an legitimate activist has their house burned down

yep
Well there's that, but also he made a ton of black people at k-state think that they lived in a city in which this kind of thing happens.  he created the perception of racial discord where none existed (or at least not to this degree).

I seriously doubt that one act would completely change how one feels about being black in Manhattan and at K-State. He created the perception of an incident of racial discord. I don't think we need to act like this placed K-State on the verge of Ferguson and Baltimore.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17004 on: November 08, 2017, 11:39:44 AM »
I don't think prison is a good punishment, but he needs to have some punishment. Personally I like the idea of a bunch of community service hours.  Maybe equal to the amount of man-hours wasted on his prank
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17005 on: November 08, 2017, 11:45:20 AM »
I don't think anything negative will happen but don't really get how it helps anything either.

It helps because it shows they aren't burying their heads in the sand. If there is tension on campus, it says, "we're listening." Some K-State people are comparing this to Mizzou, their campus had several incidents and the administration didn't address any of them, in fact I seem to remember a few broken promises made by the administrators there.

This is a pretty simple act but one that can't be ignored or dismissed.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17006 on: November 08, 2017, 11:48:16 AM »
I don't think prison is a good punishment, but he needs to have some punishment. Personally I like the idea of a bunch of community service hours.  Maybe equal to the amount of man-hours wasted on his prank

Did he ever actually file a police report, or did the RCPD and FBI get involved without him actually reporting it to the police department? If he didn't he didn't commit a crime. If he did he should be charged and be made to pay restitution for the investigation.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17007 on: November 08, 2017, 11:50:31 AM »
Shouldn't be surprised that the gE response to this was smart and measured. This has once again been proven to be the K-State home of the discerning fan. Man, even the FSD sock behaved.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17008 on: November 08, 2017, 11:52:20 AM »
I have no opposition to the walk, so I hope you're right. To me, I just don't understand what the university has done wrong. Do people really think the university administration don't care about racist incidents or tension? It's the absolute last thing in the world they want.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17009 on: November 08, 2017, 11:52:56 AM »

Did he ever actually file a police report, or did the RCPD and FBI get involved without him actually reporting it to the police department? If he didn't he didn't commit a crime. If he did he should be charged and be made to pay restitution for the investigation.

Yes, he filed a false report

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17011 on: November 08, 2017, 11:56:21 AM »
I have no opposition to the walk, so I hope you're right. To me, I just don't understand what the university has done wrong. Do people really think the university administration don't care about racist incidents or tension? It's the absolute last thing in the world they want.

Who said the university did anything wrong? You don't have to face or feel fault to be proactive.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17012 on: November 08, 2017, 12:01:16 PM »
If you have to have a demonstrations showing that you are doing something right, then likely underneath you are not.  Is one bad act done by one individual an indictment that all are guilty of the same act?  This parade seems to suggest this is so.  Can such an event appease the hategators?  Are some going to march clockwise and some counter clockwise?  If not, you may peave lefthanders, a minority.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17013 on: November 08, 2017, 12:04:56 PM »
Didn't they also have a rally after those posters were found or whatever?

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17014 on: November 08, 2017, 12:11:51 PM »
 https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-black-student-wrote-those-racist-messages-that-shook-the-air-force-academy-school-says/ar-BBEIiFq
It appears K State and the Air Force Academy have become the victims of a new tactic from Black Organizations Matter.  Made up racial attacks self inflicted by blacks against themselves.   Why?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #17015 on: November 08, 2017, 12:18:09 PM »
If you have to have a demonstrations showing that you are doing something right, then likely underneath you are not.  Is one bad act done by one individual an indictment that all are guilty of the same act?  This parade seems to suggest this is so.  Can such an event appease the hategators?  Are some going to march clockwise and some counter clockwise?  If not, you may peave lefthanders, a minority.
There's been other instances, Reno. Black face, the young girls portraying the clan during a rain delay, the noose (instances like this make me wonder), and the alt right protesting BLM on campus. There's tensions and it's time to make the first movement towards uniting with one another.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17016 on: November 08, 2017, 12:46:05 PM »
There's been other instances, Reno. Black face, the young girls portraying the clan during a rain delay, the noose (instances like this make me wonder), and the alt right protesting BLM on campus. There's tensions and it's time to make the first movement towards uniting with one another.
Great points. Living in white hinterlands I don't hear about these real incidents.  No kid should feel threatened to attend KSU.  If a march brings awareness, great.  These self inflicted racism episodes only diminished real problems.  It just seems to  me that some Black Organizations and Rights Advocates gin up minor or even false things to make a name for themselves, and then gain their fortune from supporter behind their cause.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #17017 on: November 08, 2017, 01:59:23 PM »
it's much worse than that, it's something concrete for actual bigots to cite the next time an legitimate activist has their house burned down

yep
Well there's that, but also he made a ton of black people at k-state think that they lived in a city in which this kind of thing happens.  he created the perception of racial discord where none existed (or at least not to this degree).

I seriously doubt that one act would completely change how one feels about being black in Manhattan and at K-State. He created the perception of an incident of racial discord. I don't think we need to act like this placed K-State on the verge of Ferguson and Baltimore.
Of course not, but it really doesn't take much for this crap to spin out of control like it did at Mizzou.   Maybe the man shouldn't be in prison, but I think what he did was profoundly wrong - with no direct victim other than the good name and well-being of the K-State and MHK community. 

Flashpoints of racial animosity, which this guy was exploiting and trying to create, are a serious illness our country has.  Artificially creating them almost rises to the level of doing it genuinely in my imho.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #17018 on: November 08, 2017, 02:20:37 PM »
Discouraging someone else from doing crap like this would be the most important point of punishing him imo. I don't know if shaming the guy is enough punishment to dissuade most others from trying something similar or not. I think for most an option to face some short jail time or community service where nobody finds out what they did or everyone finding out what they did with no other punishment most would choose the earlier option though. Shame is a pretty big discouraging stick. Not for all people probably though.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17019 on: November 08, 2017, 02:24:40 PM »
Discouraging someone else from doing crap like this would be the most important point of punishing him imo. I don't know if shaming the guy is enough punishment to dissuade most others from trying something similar or not. I think for most an option to face some short jail time or community service where nobody finds out what they did or everyone finding out what they did with no other punishment most would choose the earlier option though. Shame is a pretty big discouraging stick. Not for all people probably though.

Not for Hammond

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Political Facebook Posts/Tweets From People
« Reply #17020 on: November 08, 2017, 02:30:03 PM »
 :D

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17021 on: November 08, 2017, 02:58:52 PM »

I'm not sure how factual it is, but the in the initial reports the guy not only falsely claimed he was a student, but that also he was so distraught that he was going to leave school. To go from that to just a misunderstood Halloween prank is odd and there should be some repercussions.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17022 on: November 08, 2017, 03:00:00 PM »

yep

Artificially creating them almost rises to the level of doing it genuinely in my imho.

Ugh, dlew, man. Not even close, not even a little bit. Imagine if that actually happened to you. You live in the Chicago area right? Imagine you walk out to your cart and you see things like "eff you cracker," "get your white ass outta here," and "we're going to rough ridin' kill you" written on your car. Imagine how scared, violated, threatened you'd feel. Do you or anyone else feel that way about the false accusations? I know you and like you a lot but some putting some dickhead painting his own car in the same category in the same category as someone being actually violated is textbook privilege.

I can feel the frustration of having to deal with false flag accusations and also live in fear that this can actually happen to me. I do think these things hurt black people more than K-State, Manhattan, or whatever institution gets embarrassed by a false accusation. I'd rather read about 20 different false flag accusations every day than read about one actual occurrence of hate.

This lie, while an incredibly shitty thing to do, didn't do much beyond making actual victims hard to believe and some fleeting embarrassment to K-State.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17023 on: November 08, 2017, 03:00:20 PM »

Not for Hammond

he already issued a statement last week, stay out of his mentions

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17024 on: November 08, 2017, 03:03:26 PM »
http://www.kansascity.com/news/article182199416.html

The man who called The Star said the vandalism and the resulting social media explosion has made it “impossible for me to go anywhere. I can’t drive my car anywhere without people stopping me.” The Star is not naming him for safety reasons.

He said he does not want the attention and has withdrawn from the university and intends to return to his home in California.

“I was not raised to discriminate,” he said. He called the vandalism "sad, hurtful and disappointing.”

There is the original information and it turned to this.

In a news release, police said Williams expressed genuine remorse “and expressed sincere regret that his actions had resulted in the negative media attention that resulted.”

“I would like to deeply apologize to the community,” Williams said in a statement released by police.

“The whole situation got out of hand when it shouldn’t have even started. It was just a Halloween prank that got out of hand. I wish I could go back to that night but I can’t. I just want to apologize from the bottom of my heart for the pain and news I have brought you all,” he said.

I mean the dude is 21 years old, its not like this is some juvenile prank. Come on.