Author Topic: welp huelskamp will be around forever now  (Read 11849 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: welp huelskamp will be around forever now
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2013, 12:35:46 PM »
KK,

We spend 10x more than everyone on everything, not just defense. The President's unwillingness to seriously address spending while permanently fixing tax rates cant be viewed as anything but an enormous failure or leadership.  Stop defending this assclown. He just folded his hand.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2013, 12:49:42 PM »
KK,

We spend 10x more than everyone on everything, not just defense. The President's unwillingness to seriously address spending while permanently fixing tax rates cant be viewed as anything but an enormous failure or leadership.  Stop defending this assclown. He just folded his hand.

Well it hasn't happened yet, but it is supposed to happen in the next year so I think holding off and seeing what happens would be prudent.  I won't defend Obama's failure to embrace entitlement reform and cutting defense spending.  I think Chuck Hagel being in the Pentagon would go a long way toward getting half of that monster tackled.  He took an enormous gamble on Obamacare slowing the growth of healthcare spending, the jury will be out on that for some time.  But again, Obama is not all-powerful.  The fact that it took this much nut cutting to accomplish would rightly be characterized as a small bargain is a stain on Obama's first term.  I don't see how you could possibly lay no responsibility at the feet of the Democratic Senate and the Republican House.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2013, 12:56:28 PM »
I have defended no one. Reading comprehension, my man.

The Pres preemptively vetoing all plans that touched entitlements is a very poor start and shows an ignorance of or unwillingness to seriously address the problem. He's also the rough ridin' president.  Therefore he deserves the lions share of the blame.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2013, 01:17:49 PM »
I have defended no one. Reading comprehension, my man.

The Pres preemptively vetoing all plans that touched entitlements is a very poor start and shows an ignorance of or unwillingness to seriously address the problem. He's also the rough ridin' president.  Therefore he deserves the lions share of the blame.

I was doing some addition by subtracting there.  I think we agree more than you think here, but he didn't veto anything and the House Republican caucus has been at least as obstructive as Obama in the most generous reading of events.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2013, 01:21:14 PM »
nearly everybody got a 2% payroll tax increase and zero federal spending cuts. It's a crap deal.

It's better than the alternative that all of our Kansas House members voted for, which would have included the 2% payroll tax increase, the exact same tax increase for people who make over $400k, and another sizable tax increase for just about everyone else as well.

I can't tell if you're flaming or what, but you do realize that's a completely false statement, don't you?

Do you also recognize that this deal actually accelerates deficit spending, which if unresolved will make your tax rate irrelevant along with whatever miniscule wealth you've accumulated?

Finally, you do realize that the "wackos" in kansas already lowered your taxes for the year?  Which, given the above, you strongly approve of.

All this does is kick the can down the road for another debt ceiling showdown. For everyone's sake that better include massive spending cuts.

Sidenote: I find it ironic that the Dems grand victory for the fiscal cliff includes increased deficit spending and the most short sited resolution the problem possible. It's their entire being in a nutshell.

Huelskamp, Jenkins, Pompeo, and Yoder lowered my taxes? When did this happen?

I'm all for lower taxes, and I'll gladly pay less to the state of Kansas this year. That said, I don't really believe that the state of Kansas wastes nearly as much money as the federal government, and since the state of Kansas is not allowed to operate on a deficit, the spending cuts to come have me somewhat worried for the state's future.

I think you should applaud the house, senate, and president for doing what is best for the country, at least for now. Save your criticism for 2 months from now when our government once again makes complete asses of themselves debating whether or not they should raise the debt ceiling to pay back creditors. I'm hoping we can at the very least come up with a couple hundred billion dollars worth of defense cuts and entitlement reforms, though I'm sure there will be a failure at all levels to do that.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2013, 02:36:58 PM »
I'm glad we all agree this plan is nothing more than a dabble of neosporan on a nealry severed lower torso.  It seems that some will refuse to label these failures as such until the US actally reaches the point of no return.  I wonder why  o oscar Webber isn't afforded a fraction of that deference?

Also, fwiw, Sebelius and Parkinson operated Kansas on a deficit, despite the Constitutional prohibition. That amendment lacks a sufficient measure for enforcement rendering it practically useless.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2013, 12:25:34 PM »
Huelskamp, one of a dozen or so Republicans to not vote for Boehner.  He was joined by, among others, Allen West (outgoing) and Louie Gomert (moron who voted for Allen West for Speaker).  Despite the stupid protest vote, Boehner rolled to victory.  Huelskamp cemented his status as someone who will get dicked over for committee appointments as long as he is in Washington.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2013, 12:48:12 PM »
Huelskamp cemented his status as someone who will get dicked over for committee appointments as long as he is in Washington.

I'm struggling to find his motivation for wanting to be completely ineffective while in Washington.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2013, 01:21:41 PM »
Huelskamp cemented his status as someone who will get dicked over for committee appointments as long as he is in Washington.

I'm struggling to find his motivation for wanting to be completely ineffective while in Washington.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious.

starve the beast through irrelevancy!

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2013, 01:36:27 PM »
I find it refreshing that there are a handful of congressmen willing to buck the status quo and try and do something right for a change. I think this is what made guys like ron paul and joe lieberman so powerful in the long run.

On the weird side, we've successfully identified several of the 7% of Americans who presently approve of congree.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2013, 01:42:45 PM »
I find it refreshing that there are a handful of congressmen willing to buck the status quo and try and do something right for a change. I think this is what made guys like ron paul and joe lieberman so powerful in the long run.

On the weird side, we've successfully identified several of the 7% of Americans who presently approve of congree.

louie gomert is not ron paul, he's a moron.  You are free to read his stupidity, it is available in bundles on the internet.  I don't know how a symbolic protest vote against Boehner "bucks the status quo" in any substantive way and I also don't know why me criticizing this stupid move by Huelskamp means I "approve of congress."

Huelskamp is making himself a persona-non-grata among his own caucus.  I've yet to see a convincing argument about why that advances even his own interests on their own terms.  It seems that at best he can hope to develop a fundraising base of Tea Party and Movement Conservatives outside his own constituents.  None of this appears to serve the best interests of me as his constituent, and looking at Allen West's fate might bring some question marks about if this is really Huelskamp's best strategy for staying in D.C.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2013, 01:49:16 PM »

I respect that he is standing up to his party, and I also find it refreshing whenever a candidate refuses to tow the party line to do what he thinks is right. That said, Huelskamp is an extremist who at the final hour decided to vote on his ideology rather than what was actually best for his constituents and the majority of Americans. Huelskamp is not good at choosing his fights. I think he's an idiot, and now he is just about completely powerless. That is not good for him or Kansas.

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2013, 02:34:28 PM »

I respect that he is standing up to his party, and I also find it refreshing whenever a candidate refuses to tow the party line to do what he thinks is right. That said, Huelskamp is an extremist who at the final hour decided to vote on his ideology rather than what was actually best for his constituents and the majority of Americans. Huelskamp is not good at choosing his fights. I think he's an idiot, and now he is just about completely powerless. That is not good for him or Kansas.

His idea about whats best for America and yours are different. Not sure why that makes him an idiot. We are now going to be downgraded by Moody's - again. Not good for anybody. 

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2013, 02:36:28 PM »

His idea about whats best for America and yours are different. Not sure why that makes him an idiot. We are now going to be downgraded by Moody's - again. Not good for anybody.

bond market doesn't care.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2013, 05:48:02 PM »

Because Mood's ratings mean jack crap when it comes to government debt at the national level. Sure if a state or municipality wants to pay to have debt rated it might help (though in most cases the benefits are offset by the cost of the rating). But the credit agencies rate countries for free publicity so when you see your mutual fund purchased a bunch of rated bonds to build schools in Florida you feel it's a safe investment.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2013, 05:55:41 PM »
"I think it was a vote of no confidence. In this town the intimidation was intense. There were a lot of members who wanted to vote no," - congressman Tim Huelskamp, Republican of Kansas, about John Boehner's re-election as Speaker of the House.

A lot of people wanted to, but put the interests of their district ahead of their own butthurt and ego.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2013, 09:21:33 AM »

Thanks to the Federal Reserve! 

Huelscamps symbolic vote changed exactly nothing and the overwhelming majority of his his constituents probably wanted him to vote that way.

I thinks its time to lock this away in the category of whiny bitch dems bitching about nothing because they don't have anything to bitch about.  Boohoo we suck, KS politics are crazy.

:rolleyes:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2013, 01:52:03 PM »

Thanks to the Federal Reserve! 

Huelscamps symbolic vote changed exactly nothing and the overwhelming majority of his his constituents probably wanted him to vote that way.

I thinks its time to lock this away in the category of whiny bitch dems bitching about nothing because they don't have anything to bitch about.  Boohoo we suck, KS politics are crazy.

:rolleyes:

herp derp

Huelskamp is a fool, incompetently representing the interests of Kansas.  He can;t even competently lead his little cabal of know-nothing weirdos.  What a complete tool.

Rep. Tim Huelskamp (R-Kan.) — who was recently removed from key committees and supported Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) for speaker — sat on the House floor during the speaker vote brandishing an iPad. A message was displayed on the screen ticking off members of the House Republican Conference he hoped would oppose the sitting speaker. The title of the document: “You would be fired if this goes out.”
Among the Republicans on the list were Reps. Steve King (Iowa), Cynthia Lummis (Wyo.), Paul Gosar (Ariz.), Scott Garrett (N.J.), Steve Fincher (Tenn.) and Scott Desjarlais (Tenn.). All of them ultimately supported Boehner.
It’s not clear that any of the Republicans on Huelskamp’s list knew they were on it, or even knew of the list’s existence.

“I will not comment on stories that invade personal e-mails or private property,” Huelskamp said in a statement read by a spokesman when asked about the anti-Boehner list, which was clearly visible to photographers and reporters as he worked on it while sitting on the House floor.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/conservatives-rebel-against-boehner-85749.html#ixzz2H2QGKIXf

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2013, 10:40:26 AM »
ZOMG! AN IPAD!!

This confirms my observation. Lock it down, bitches gonna bitch.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2013, 08:48:44 AM »
ZOMG! AN IPAD!!

This confirms my observation. Lock it down, bitches gonna bitch.

Huelskamp thinks he's a Machiavellian genius.  Sad...really. (did I do that right dax?)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2016, 10:31:16 PM »
Couldn't even make it out of the primary, sad....really.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2016, 10:37:46 PM »
praise christ. idk anything about marshall but i assume he'll vote for farm bills.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2016, 10:50:11 PM »
praise christ. idk anything about marshall but i assume he'll vote for farm bills.

Apparently, he tried to run a guy over with his car  :lol:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2016, 10:59:04 PM »

Apparently, he tried to run a guy over with his car  :lol:

Marshall is pretty conservative.  I kinda like what LaPolice had going as an indy. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting