Author Topic: Another school shooting  (Read 490642 times)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Re: Another school shooting
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2012, 01:47:54 PM »
Building a bomb is easier, IMO.  :dunno:

Online DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2012, 01:50:00 PM »
Listen, I realize the guy was nuts, and if he was hellbent on killing some one, he was going to do it.  But seriously regulating guns would make crimes like this harder.  That's a good thing. 

The government sanctioning the power for citizens to have the capacity to enact "point and shoot" death is just bizarre.  The answer may not be enacting swift, broad laws that make guns illegal (though it might be), but it seems to me that continuing to produce guns and ammunition without change seems like a strange strategy to stop this problem.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2012, 01:51:49 PM »
Listen, I realize the guy was nuts, and if he was hellbent on killing some one, he was going to do it.  But seriously regulating guns would make crimes like this harder.  That's a good thing. 

The government sanctioning the power for citizens to have the capacity to enact "point and shoot" death is just bizarre.  The answer may not be enacting swift, broad laws that make guns illegal (though it might be), but it seems to me that continuing to produce guns and ammunition without change seems like a strange strategy to stop this problem.

agree with this

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2012, 01:53:17 PM »
Ryan Lanza is the shooter according to some people.  Jason Whitlock linked his twitter.  When I went to his page he had 666 followers I kid you not. 

https://twitter.com/Ryan__Lanza

Here are his tweets. 

Ryan Lanza @Ryan__Lanza
theres a lot of bad bitches in the building #amen
3d

Ryan Lanza @Ryan__Lanza
amber's a bitch slut
9d

Ryan Lanza @Ryan__Lanza
how are my oppo bars cleaner than my regular bars? #bmxproblems
10d

Ryan Lanza @Ryan__Lanza
the feeling when you know youve lost everyone who used too care about you <<
Ryan Lanza retweeted
13d

WIZDOM @WizKhalllifa
Nothing feels worse than being ignored by the person who means the most to you.
11d

Ryan Lanza @Ryan__Lanza
i want my bestfriend back.. why did everything have to change... again.. #missyoulots #wishyouwouldtxtback
11d

Ryan Lanza @Ryan__Lanza
i would actually love if the world ended in 2 weeks.. #fucklife
13d

Ryan Lanza @Ryan__Lanza
when im pissed as eff and people try to make me laugh << like no, just stfu
Ryan Lanza retweeted
16d

Amber Kovach @akovach_22
K
Ryan Lanza retweeted
18d

Stan Wodzisz @StanWodzisz
Why can't I sleep
Ryan Lanza retweeted
22d

Adam LZ @Adam_LZ
eff Thanksgiving I just want to put my bike together and cruise #ridaz
Ryan Lanza retweeted
21d

Stan Wodzisz @StanWodzisz
I don't think today can get much worse
21d

Ryan Lanza @Ryan__Lanza
depression… fml…
Ryan Lanza retweeted
21d

Evan Tamer @evan_tamer06
#IAmThankfulFor my bike! Even though she hurts me, I still love her <3
22d

Ryan Lanza @Ryan__Lanza
why does this seem too good too be true?
32d

Ryan Lanza @Ryan__Lanza
i truely feel that the world would b a better place without me, im not depressed or anythin its just im thinken about what would b different
32d

Ryan Lanza @Ryan__Lanza
blowen all my black ops money
Ryan Lanza retweeted
35d

????€?? Sanzo @garrettsanzo
@Ryan__Lanza 's #parentproblems
36d

Ryan Lanza @Ryan__Lanza
people who lie so they dont look bad #annoyingasfuck
Retweet
Favorite
More options
36d

Ryan Lanza @Ryan__Lanza
i rough ridin' hate skate 3
? Back

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2012, 01:53:50 PM »
shut up, cowards.  you hear about massacres involving guns because we have 7 billion people in the world and a media that covers every little deadly incident in the western world as if it held some importance.  your chances of dying by gunfire from a stranger are insignificant.  even debating the issue is a waste of time.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2012, 01:54:33 PM »
Agree with Dlew.

Also, the news trying to interview every 11 year old leaving the school on TV is pretty sick, imo.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2012, 01:54:55 PM »

I think it's a whole lot harder. Buying a gun requires you to bring money to a store.

Building a bomb requires you learning how to build the bomb, purchasing materials, actually assembling the bomb, and then working out the logistics of how you are actually going to set it off.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2012, 01:56:37 PM »

I think it's a whole lot harder. Buying a gun requires you to bring money to a store.

Building a bomb requires you learning how to build the bomb, purchasing materials, actually assembling the bomb, and then working out the logistics of how you are actually going to set it off.

Well once you get past the knowledge part (which I now realize isn't that common) you don't even have to leave your house to make something pretty nasty.  Would take less time than driving to the gun shop and waiting for the paperwork to go through.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2012, 01:57:45 PM »
I don't remember the last time something upset me this much.  I cannot bring myself to get anything done at work today, just really sad
ditto. if you have young kids, it's impossible not to immediately imagine that was your child that was either shot and killed senselessly or witnessed the horror first hand.

what a sad and tragic world we live in.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2012, 01:59:10 PM »
This is really bothering me.  I want to leave work and go pull my daughter out of class just to hug her.     :frown:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2012, 02:00:48 PM »
I can't stop thinking, "This would never happen where my kids go to school. Would it?"

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2012, 02:01:30 PM »
I can't think of a reason why principals and teachers shouldn't have guns. Seriously, put a safe in the teachers lounge, give a couple responsible trained people the code, some idiot tries this, Principal runs to safe, hands out guns to teachers.... the guy is done for.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2012, 02:01:52 PM »
I can't think of a reason why principals and teachers shouldn't have guns. Seriously, put a safe in the teachers lounge, give a couple responsible trained people the code, some idiot tries this, Principal runs to safe, hands out guns to teachers.... the guy is done for.

you're a rough ridin' idiot

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2012, 02:02:23 PM »
I can't stop thinking, "This would never happen where my kids go to school. Would it?"

They are probably more likely to get struck by lightning than actually end up in a situation like this. It definitely could happen, though. Pretty scary stuff.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2012, 02:03:24 PM »
Ryan Lanza is the shooter according to some people.  Jason Whitlock linked his twitter.  When I went to his page he had 666 followers I kid you not. 

Here are his tweets. 

welp...his 666 followers have to live with that the rest of their lives.  knowing they might've been able to stop this.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2012, 02:04:21 PM »

They are probably more likely to get struck by lightning than actually end up in a situation like this. It definitely could happen, though. Pretty scary stuff.
Not kids in a school related but this is why I have a CCL. I'm not going to allow it to happen to me.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2012, 02:05:39 PM »

Here are his tweets. 

welp...his 666 followers have to live with that the rest of their lives.  knowing they might've been able to stop this.

Ryan Lanza ?@Ryan__Lanza
so aperently im getting spammed bc someone with the same name as me killed some ppl... wtf?

I think they'll be okay. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2012, 02:06:42 PM »

Here are his tweets. 

Ryan Lanza ?@Ryan__Lanza
so aperently im getting spammed bc someone with the same name as me killed some ppl... wtf?

I think they'll be okay.

Man.  I'm glad my name is not Ryan Lanza today.  Weird that that guy's tweets are all about depression though. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 14, 2012, 02:06:53 PM »
He should probably get help anyway. That twitter feed is pretty disturbing.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2012, 02:07:19 PM »

Here are his tweets. 

Ryan Lanza ?@Ryan__Lanza

I think they'll be okay. 

i'm guessing it's been hacked. the account had around 100 followers when whitlock first tweeted.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2012, 02:07:34 PM »

Here are his tweets. 

Pretty much.  This perceived apathy that has contaminated our society is a bigger problem than guns, IMO.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2012, 02:12:28 PM »

you're a rough ridin' idiot

the guy is done for
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Domino

• One by One
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 14, 2012, 02:12:41 PM »
Never had a problem with people owning guns (my great grandfather was a gunsmith.) But I don't know how people who see that there are tens of thousands of people shot every year in the country and not think we should talk about starting to lower the amount of guns in this country.

Also, as it seems is the case, this is a cry for a better healthcare system in this country. Sounds like this guy was depressed to the point of near suicide, like more shooters. If he had gotten help this tragedy could've been avoided altogether.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 14, 2012, 02:13:16 PM »

Here are his tweets. 

Pretty much.  This perceived apathy that has contaminated our society is a bigger problem than guns, IMO.

out of all of the rough ridin' morons that responded to his last tweet, this is the only guy that gets it:

Tracey Dukes ?@TraceyDukes

@Ryan__Lanza although its not you, You still may be depressed, and should consider some sort of counseling.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Another school shooting
« Reply #99 on: December 14, 2012, 02:15:11 PM »
The personality type of the many elementary school teachers I know are the exact wrong type to expect to take up arms against armed intruders.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2