Author Topic: Health care!  (Read 18643 times)

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
Re: Health care!
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2010, 04:22:20 PM »

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2010, 09:23:16 PM »
Now that I think about it, I'm having a sneaking suspicion that this was an intentional omission.  Think about it.  Now they have to do it "for the children."  Then they hammer anyone who opposes it as hating children.  Then they can attach a bunch of other special deals and programs into the bill. Typical dem/satanist/alinskyist M.O.

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2010, 11:43:53 AM »
also i was never arguing for or against the mandate, nor was i analogizing the previous governmental requirements in order to help any argument you may think i started. original post was entirely about congresses constitutional right to enact such a mandate. if you want to discuss that I would be more than willing to have some sort of conversation about it.

Congress can and does enact whatever the hell it wants to enact but doing so doesn't make the new laws Constitutional.   You seem to have said above that the individual mandate will withstand a Constitutional challenge and that there is precedent for it.  No need for a discussion just yet, as a preliminary matter please cite the S.Ct. cases which you believe are such precedent. 

:foottappingclockwatchingguy:

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2010, 02:01:46 PM »
also i was never arguing for or against the mandate, nor was i analogizing the previous governmental requirements in order to help any argument you may think i started. original post was entirely about congresses constitutional right to enact such a mandate. if you want to discuss that I would be more than willing to have some sort of conversation about it.

Congress can and does enact whatever the hell it wants to enact but doing so doesn't make the new laws Constitutional.   You seem to have said above that the individual mandate will withstand a Constitutional challenge and that there is precedent for it.  No need for a discussion just yet, as a preliminary matter please cite the S.Ct. cases which you believe are such precedent. 

:foottappingclockwatchingguy:

really think its an interesting question, and i would love to dedicate time to it, but i have finals in a month. sorry for the build up and no follow through, but i have other things on my mind. and to be honest i'm just a 1L and coming to the end of con law 1, so my discussion will be limited to my knowledge. if you have some insight on the matter i would love to hear it.

Offline Goldbrick

• American by birth, Republican by the grace of God
  • Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2010, 06:38:04 PM »
There will be an avalanche in the next election that will dwarf all those seen in the past. 

Very, very doubtful.

I'm sure you'll remain pissed (and sexually frustrated) but I don't think people in general will still be. Even by nov. they'll have simmered.

The next election leaves plenty of time to forget.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2010, 11:30:39 PM »
There will be an avalanche in the next election that will dwarf all those seen in the past. 

Very, very doubtful.

I'm sure you'll remain pissed (and sexually frustrated) but I don't think people in general will still be. Even by nov. they'll have simmered.

I think there will be plenty of time to see exactly what is in the health bill, and I don't think it will be good for those that voted for it. 7 months is a long time to keep the spin going.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2010, 08:14:05 AM »
Its a different world now.  We won't forget.

Offline Goldbrick

• American by birth, Republican by the grace of God
  • Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2010, 03:02:01 PM »

Very, very doubtful.

I think there will be plenty of time to see exactly what is in the health bill, and I don't think it will be good for those that voted for it. 7 months is a long time to keep the spin going.

If I remember correctly, its not until 2014 that some of the major implications of the bill even come into play. Most people may not 'see' much of anything for the next several months and its not as if it'll be as in your face as coverage of the Iraq war was. The last thing they'll do is 'spin' when all they need to do is shut their collective mouths.

Obama is counting on the apathy and complacency of  the public. I think its a good bet on his part, but you can keep hoping for Scott Brown's to come along.

And Martha Coakley levels of incompetence.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 04, 2010, 12:56:14 PM »

Very, very doubtful.

If I remember correctly, its not until 2014 that some of the major implications of the bill even come into play. Most people may not 'see' much of anything for the next several months and its not as if it'll be as in your face as coverage of the Iraq war was. The last thing they'll do is 'spin' when all they need to do is shut their collective mouths.

Obama is counting on the apathy and complacency of  the public. I think its a good bet on his part, but you can keep hoping for Scott Brown's to come along.

And Martha Coakley levels of incompetence.

It will be up to Fox News and talk radio to bring out the truth within the bill even though most everything won't be in effect until after the next presidential election. The taxes should get cranked up after this November.

Offline madman

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 05, 2010, 02:02:10 AM »
Health Care Passing! FML If the American ppl dont want it why the hell cant congress/Obama listen? What happened to "Government of the ppl for the ppl?"

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 10, 2010, 12:26:19 AM »
http://www.theonion.com/articles/republicans-leukemia-team-up-to-repeal-health-care,17215/

On the other side of the coin, I think staphylococcus aureus is solidly on the left. As more and more people gain access to common prescription medicines, staph infection will become so resistant to antibiotics it will finally be able to take over the world.