Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3992441 times)

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #18125 on: August 17, 2015, 02:00:12 AM »
It's the grand staircase.
BlackCats does it right and is clearly a good person. - Steve Dave
BlackCats is a vital member of this blogging community, and a close personal friend of mine. -meow meow
I yearn for your nuggets. - Shooter Jones

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18126 on: August 17, 2015, 06:05:58 AM »
Man, I saw a picture of the donor wall and it was amazing.  16,000,000 names on that thing, all the K-State fans who were able to scrape together $5 to contribute towards the project.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #18127 on: August 17, 2015, 06:50:03 AM »
What is this? it looks like a place to have players "run the bleachers", but indoors.

Looks like a staircase for giants.
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18128 on: August 17, 2015, 08:33:36 AM »
Man, I saw a picture of the donor wall and it was amazing.  16,000,000 names on that thing, all the K-State fans who were able to scrape together $5 to contribute towards the project.

I loved this post

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #18129 on: August 17, 2015, 09:28:16 AM »

I loved this post

dax is easily bitb at this stuff.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18130 on: August 17, 2015, 10:11:57 AM »

I loved this post

World's Greatest Dad

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18131 on: August 17, 2015, 11:18:38 AM »
The buildup for that herculean Memorial Stadium renovation project has been tremendous.   I'm being conservative here but I'd say earnest discussion of that project began about ten years ago.   It really has been a study in getting things done quickly.    They've been waiting for that big check from one of their wealthy alums for a long, long time now.

"History Awaits"
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #18132 on: August 17, 2015, 12:08:21 PM »

I loved this post

I would be impressed as crap if we could get 16 million people to donate $5 each
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #18133 on: August 17, 2015, 12:19:52 PM »

I thought I saw this in a picture of the Google campus or something.  It's a new thing.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18134 on: August 17, 2015, 12:47:05 PM »
it looks like piano keys to me.

Online Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18135 on: August 17, 2015, 02:11:28 PM »
Yea, it probably cost a 5'er to put their names on the wall.  #atcheapassfans
 :ROFL:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18136 on: August 17, 2015, 05:35:51 PM »
I think there are screens above that so the current cats can chill and watch all the other Cats playing in the NFL on Sundays

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18137 on: August 17, 2015, 10:16:28 PM »

The buildup for that herculean Memorial Stadium renovation project has been tremendous.   I'm being conservative here but I'd say earnest discussion of that project began about ten years ago.   It really has been a study in getting things done quickly.    They've been waiting for that big check from one of their wealthy alums for a long, long time now.
They seem to have a very Stalin-era Five-Year Plan feel to them. Just keep rolling out ideas and goals without ever actually achieving anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18138 on: August 18, 2015, 02:09:04 PM »

I thought I saw this in a picture of the Google campus or something.  It's a new thing.

Google copied Seaton Hall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hippocraticoaf

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18139 on: August 19, 2015, 02:19:56 PM »
The big projects for KSU have been West Stadium ($81 M) and the new Vanier Complex ($65 M). Between those two and other Football stuff, we are probably Around $150 Million "behind." However, Those two projects brought facilities up to the level (And in some areas surpassed) what Kansas already had. So it is hardly a fair comparison.

Their new Vanier complex is their main Athletic Department facility, so it should be better compared to the Anderson Strength Complex, Wagnon Student-Athlete Center, and everything else behind AFH. Kansas has and still has world class facilities available to all student athletes. Kansas State just entered out level. So compare that to our current Football Facility, and the current Student Athlete facilities behind AFH. Their new facility has the "new" feel, and it is very nice, but Kansas has had comparable facilities for years. New stuff always has the "fresh coat of paint" but no one should feel that we are horribly behind on that. They just happen to put theit facility by the Football stadium, and it has gained the benefit of that proximity.

Has this guy seen their facilities?

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18140 on: August 19, 2015, 02:58:54 PM »
 :lol:  That video is embarrassing.  That facility would be great for a Juco. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18141 on: August 19, 2015, 03:04:50 PM »
They do have a Gatorade Fueling Refrigerator.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18142 on: August 19, 2015, 03:10:46 PM »
that guy seemed to be really prepared for his walkthrough/all access pass

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #18143 on: August 19, 2015, 03:11:40 PM »
Man, they can't even be proud of the one thing they have to be proud about.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18144 on: August 19, 2015, 03:11:53 PM »
He was super excited about the big-time donor room and the team lounge.  He was also adamant about sandals in a locker room shower (I can't disagree with him).
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline MNEMAW

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18145 on: August 19, 2015, 03:36:32 PM »
Anyone know if the "K-State" is still going on the limestone exterior above the player's tunnel or was it scratched? Really like it in the renderings, but doesn't seem to be put in place yet.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18146 on: August 19, 2015, 04:02:01 PM »
The constant use of "World Class Facilities" is consistent with the Phogistan mantra of "just say it enough times and you make yourself believe it"

The AFC is at best a top 50% major conference football facility.   While AFH is certainly historic and they've done a nice remodel job there are basketball facilities across the country that offer as nice or nicer accommodations for the players.   Having a generic outdoor track that's built off campus and owned by somebody else doesn't become "world class" just because the track spec is highly rated.   The rented softball field can be found in athletic facilities across the United States. 

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18147 on: August 19, 2015, 04:08:18 PM »

The constant use of "World Class Facilities" is consistent with the Phogistan mantra of "just say it enough times and you make yourself believe it"

The AFC is at best a top 50% major conference football facility.   While AFH is certainly historic and they've done a nice remodel job there are basketball facilities across the country that offer as nice or nicer accommodations for the players.   Having a generic outdoor track that's built off campus and owned by somebody else doesn't become "world class" just because the track spec is highly rated.   The rented softball field can be found in athletic facilities across the United States.
The track, I believe, 400 meters. Thus qualifying it as world-class.  Of course, so are most middle school tracks.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18148 on: August 19, 2015, 04:19:20 PM »

The track, I believe, 400 meters. Thus qualifying it as world-class.  Of course, so are most middle school tracks.

They did put in a nice track surface that's certified IAAF Class 1.  I admit, it's one of the nicest off campus rentals in the country.   KU did a great job on the glossy brochures of painting a picture that they're the one's that invested the money in the facility.   Excellent spin.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18149 on: August 19, 2015, 04:27:34 PM »

They did put in a nice track surface that's certified IAAF Class 1.  I admit, it's one of the nicest off campus rentals in the country.   KU did a great job on the glossy brochures of painting a picture that they're the one's that invested the money in the facility.   Excellent spin.

Wait, I didn't realize that place was still a facility and actually still standing... Wasn't it cracking and falling apart like 3 days after they opened the doors? Figured it looked like the ancient ruins of Douglas county by now.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 05:15:20 PM by Shooter Jones »