Author Topic: This site is a cancer to the success of this basketball team !  (Read 5442 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
This site is a cancer to the success of this basketball team !
« on: February 20, 2015, 11:12:39 AM »
It's American and we live by freedom of speech but this coaching staff isn't just fighting a few players with attitude issues . They are dealing with fans supporting those bad attitudes and blaming the coaching staff. How can leadership win in this inviroment . Marcus Foster game winning three in the Oklahoma win may have been the worst thing that could happened to this team , his actions after hitting that shot wasn't just about take (that Oklahoma )but also put the supension where the sun don't shine to the coaching staff .Ask yourself if this was in your workplace and your in management how would you deal with this ? This is a cancer !

God Bless America and God Bless Kansas State !

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: This site is a cancer to the success of this basketball team !
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 11:14:02 AM »
 :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 11:19:03 AM »
:kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot: :kstatriot:

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 11:20:50 AM »
This "distraction" called goEMAW.com is the death of the team.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 11:21:33 AM »
"this needs an exclamation point.  nah, spacebar first !"

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 11:23:02 AM »
"this needs an exclamation point.  nah, spacebar first !"

:lol:

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 11:24:13 AM »
could be french?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 11:25:59 AM »
I agree with OP.  I also want this team to be successful and was also super pissed when Foster hit that 3.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 11:34:34 AM »
would it be possible to fit that entire post into The Word?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2015, 01:00:05 PM »
I hate everyone.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 01:09:36 PM »
It's websites like this one that made the world save for ISIS and threatening for old white men. But yeah, freedom of speech.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2015, 01:22:12 PM »
Wait, Tuckfano told me if I was a real Cats fan I would rather win than be right.  Quite the pickle  :confused:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2015, 01:37:11 PM »
C/p or forgot to log into renocat account?
:adios:

Offline illinibri92

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2015, 01:59:08 PM »
It's American and we live by freedom of speech but this coaching staff isn't just fighting a few players with attitude issues . They are dealing with fans supporting those bad attitudes and blaming the coaching staff. How can leadership win in this inviroment . Marcus Foster game winning three in the Oklahoma win may have been the worst thing that could happened to this team , his actions after hitting that shot wasn't just about take (that Oklahoma )but also put the supension where the sun don't shine to the coaching staff .Ask yourself if this was in your workplace and your in management how would you deal with this ? This is a cancer !

"Ask yourself if this was in your workplace and your in management how would you deal with this ?"

I would fire the leadership that let it get that way.  Next Question?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2015, 02:04:15 PM »
I would fire the leadership that let it get that way.  Next Question?

Look like isisbri92 deicded (to show) up here !

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2015, 03:10:41 PM »
Quote from: really, who cares about what this guy says?
Ask yourself if this was in your workplace and your in management how would you deal with this

Honest question that I thought of this morning...

College coaches make their living by getting 18-23 year olds to perform.

Other industries that do the same thing?: Retail and food service

If oscar Weber was managing an Arby's or an American Eagle, what would it look like?  I mean, seriously.

Could oscar Weber actually motivate people to make a roast beef sandwich properly or fold skinny jeans?

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2015, 03:36:47 PM »
the OP is poorly articulated, but the sentiment isn't entirely terrible. i find myself becoming increasingly turned off by college sports because of idiot fans with unrealistic expectations - not just at k-state, but at basically every school everywhere. the notion that you can win every season, consistently, despite moving parts (players and coaching staff), despite variance, etc., is fairytale stuff...unless you're duke or kentucky or kansas. even then, you'll get some resistance from overachieving virginia, florida, etc., every now and then.

the oscar weber era will play out predictably. after this year's debacle is finished, the previous two very good seasons will be forgotten, and weber will open next year firmly on the hot seat. k-state will not be a great team. it will merely be a good team. but unfortunately, other schools in the big 12 are also good while some are great. k-state's good team won't be able to measure up against kansas. it won't be as good as texas. it won't be as good as iowa state. it won't be as good as west virginia. it likely won't be as good as baylor. or oklahoma. or...wow...is it setting in yet? this is a very competitive league! k-state could conceivably be better next year than this year and end up with a worse record in league. regardless, it won't be good enough, it will fall shy of expectations, fans will stop showing up for non-KU or non-Big Monday games...and attendance will steadily drop...fire weber campaigns will rise...recruits will go elsewhere...and then k-state is left to hire the next savior coach.

the next savior coach will come in. maybe it's underwood. maybe it's kelvin sampson. maybe it's gottlieb. i doubt it, but maybe. there will be lots of excitement, there will be a rise in fan interest, a few good recruits will sign. and then...the k-state fan base will expect a return to the year-to-year consistency that frank martin had. the new coach might very well put together a nice team. but will it be good enough? it very likely won't be. why? because ku remains better than k-state. texas, after a few down years, will likely be better than k-state. iowa state, so long as hoiberg is there, will likely be better than k-state. wvu under bob huggins is likely to put together better teams that are better coached. baylor's program (seven of the last eight years top ~30 in KenPom) has passed k-state. the oklahoma schools in theory should get better talent than k-state. i mean, k-state is bottom five rather than top five in this league going forward...it's clear to me. it's not clear to the fan base, at least not yet.

the 2013-14 team went 10-8 in league...4-0 against tcu and texas tech, 6-8 against everyone else. in future seasons, 2-2 is probably the most likely outcome (3-1 at best) against those teams (tcu and TT are improving). the previous year, k-state was a "good" team in a bad league. the big 12 was down across the board and was rated below the mountain west.

frank martin's tenure, let's be honest...he benefited from beating up on nebraska, iowa state, texas tech and colorado. all four schools were consistently down during his tenure, and he went 24-7 against those teams during their doldrum seasons. against the rest of the Big 12, he was 26-25. which is good! but it's average. and k-state going forward will be average. some years, tourney. some years, not. up and down, ebbs and flows.

i'm not defending oscar...not at all...but i have a feeling k-state fans are going to run out every new coach that can't live up to the impossibly high, unrealistic standards that this fan base now has as a result of a nice run (largely under frank) against what was previously a watered-down league.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2015, 03:40:01 PM »
the OP is poorly articulated, but the sentiment isn't entirely terrible...

it's important to hire a coach that the fans like.  helps buffer the unrealistic expectations.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2015, 03:41:19 PM »
That guy really gets it.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2015, 03:41:33 PM »
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline rob mccolley

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2015, 03:42:45 PM »

God is certainly one of Kansas's better inventions.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2015, 03:51:30 PM »
it's important to hire a coach that the fans like.  helps buffer the unrealistic expectations.

if k-state didn't rally to beat EKU in Week 1 of the 2011 season, i am convinced that this fan base...and this forum...would have done everything possible to run snyder out of town and usher in the next savior coach. 

let's not pretend that likability is the key factor here.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2015, 03:55:57 PM »
FYI, Bill is not likable.  He is tolerable because he wins a lot and doesn't Billscuse the losses.  oscar would be too.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2015, 03:56:44 PM »
I like Bill. I think he's witty.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2015, 03:58:45 PM »
At very best he is an acquired taste.