Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3213730 times)

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #15200 on: August 23, 2016, 09:18:06 PM »
Je'Ney?

In my mind I read that the way Forrest Gump says "Jenny"
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15201 on: August 23, 2016, 10:03:43 PM »
I would hold off.  My understanding is that they don't quite have their remodel money in place yet.  Just a little more fundraising.....

I assumed by now all that Gridiron Club money would have accrued enough interest to pay for the whole damn thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15202 on: August 23, 2016, 10:28:07 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15203 on: August 24, 2016, 07:47:56 AM »
:sdeek: :sdeek: :sdeek:

At a base level, maybe the season should be judged simply on this: Does KU look more like a Big 12 team? Strength coach Je’Ney Jackson didn’t fully understand the challenge when he arrived in Lawrence a year ago, as only three players had 40-yard dash times under 4.6 seconds and most offensive linemen were unable to bench press their weight.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article97174902.html#storylink=cpy

WOAH! That is brutal

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15204 on: August 24, 2016, 08:29:45 AM »
:sdeek: :sdeek: :sdeek:

At a base level, maybe the season should be judged simply on this: Does KU look more like a Big 12 team? Strength coach Je’Ney Jackson didn’t fully understand the challenge when he arrived in Lawrence a year ago, as only three players had 40-yard dash times under 4.6 seconds and most offensive linemen were unable to bench press their weight.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article97174902.html#storylink=cpy

So two wins and closer games is the benchmark for being a "BIGXII Caliber Team?" No wonder the conference is struggling to add quality teams.

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15206 on: August 24, 2016, 02:34:38 PM »
not the WORST !

http://www.sportsbreak.com/college/ncaa-football/10-worst-teams-in-ncaa-football/9/

Bro, that's from last November.

UCF hired sexy Scott Frost and is currently in the middle of a circle jerk with him and Phil Knight, they're on the up and up. Put KU dead last.

The Big Train

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15208 on: August 29, 2016, 11:57:12 AM »
My only agenda here is for KU football to be what it ought to be, instead of the massive dumpster fire that it currently is.  If we improve our stadium in the way that it should be improved, it will be a show place that far exceeds anything KSU, ISU, TCU, OSU or anyone else in the conference has done with a 50,000 to 60,000 seat stadium.  We have a setting for our stadium that all those schools can only dream of.  It is possibly surpassed only by CU and BYU solely because of their setting near the mountains.

:love:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #15209 on: August 29, 2016, 12:00:30 PM »
Come for the hill, stay for the footieball!

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #15210 on: August 29, 2016, 12:10:11 PM »
honestly, the few times i've been to football games in lawrence i didn't really give a crap about the hill. maybe i need to go back and see it again. is it really that great?

Offline ballboy55

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15211 on: August 29, 2016, 12:19:17 PM »
How much would it cost to put in a hill in the meat goat fields?  :billdance: LHC Bill Snyder Family Hill. We could put a labyrinth of caves under the hill filled with bars and make the visiting team walk through it to get to the field. LHC Bill Snyder Family Caves

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15212 on: August 29, 2016, 12:25:01 PM »
Sun Devil Stadium is literally sandwiched on buttes and right next to Mill and the water, but it ain't no Hill  :drool:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #15213 on: August 29, 2016, 01:00:15 PM »
How much would it cost to put in a hill in the meat goat fields?  :billdance: LHC Bill Snyder Family Hill. We could put a labyrinth of caves under the hill filled with bars and make the visiting team walk through it to get to the field. LHC Bill Snyder Family Caves

Your posting history absolutely fascinates me.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15214 on: August 29, 2016, 01:22:14 PM »
My only agenda here is for KU football to be what it ought to be, instead of the massive dumpster fire that it currently is.  If we improve our stadium in the way that it should be improved, it will be a show place that far exceeds anything KSU, ISU, TCU, OSU or anyone else in the conference has done with a 50,000 to 60,000 seat stadium.  We have a setting for our stadium that all those schools can only dream of.  It is possibly surpassed only by CU and BYU solely because of their setting near the mountains.

Literally making a mountain out of a molehill.

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15215 on: August 29, 2016, 01:22:19 PM »

To be fair, after continuously believing and saying something you start to believe it's true, no matter how wrong you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15216 on: August 29, 2016, 01:29:35 PM »
I went to the purple quatz game in Lawrence last year and it was, no joke, the worst college football experience I have ever had.  And this is coming from someone who  has been to games at Ames multiple times.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15217 on: August 29, 2016, 01:34:53 PM »
I went to a game or two back when KU was winning games and I thought it was ok. But they covered their entire hill with white tents. . .so it defeated the purpose of the hill as a superior setting.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15218 on: August 29, 2016, 01:43:28 PM »
honestly, the few times i've been to football games in lawrence i didn't really give a crap about the hill. maybe i need to go back and see it again. is it really that great?

I've been there for 3 Dillon's and definitely once the game starts I pretty much never look off the field/inside the stadium much. It's not a bad view but it's clearly baited hype. Maybe if their football team was, you know, good it would add to the atmosphere, but really it's just "there." Treating it like it's some selling point to launch their football stadium/program is laughable at best and dangerously mentally insane at worst. Whatever makes them happy I guess. I'd be more worried about the absolutely deplorable state of the bathrooms and concessions, and stadium in general. It clearly has seen better days and is falling apart and dilapidated. I'm pretty sure the Rockhurst HS stadium I can now see out my window at work is in better shape that Memorial Stadium @ ku. Talking about the "setting" and the hill is like talking about the semi cute girl that happens to be sitting next to the DUFF.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #15219 on: August 29, 2016, 02:00:18 PM »
I went to a game or two back when KU was winning games and I thought it was ok. But they covered their entire hill with white tents. . .so it defeated the purpose of the hill as a superior setting.

Those were probably groups of individual hoods, not actual tents, though.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15220 on: August 29, 2016, 02:34:54 PM »

To be fair, after continuously believing and saying something you start to believe it's true, no matter how wrong you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who starts/spreads idiotic ideas like the hill making Lawrence an epic football experience?  Seriously, every KU alum I speak to hold the belief that the hill makes the football experience epic...it's crazy.  They all BELIEVE.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15221 on: August 29, 2016, 03:01:30 PM »
The coolest thing about the Hill from my experience was the KU graduation ceremony. All the graduates march with their respective schools from on campus, down the hill, and into the stadium. It was quite the sight to behold and put KState's boring ceremonies in The Fred to shame.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15222 on: August 29, 2016, 03:45:39 PM »
There are HS stadiums with a much better environment than KU's craphole.

Online KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #15223 on: August 29, 2016, 03:53:42 PM »
The hill might be the most over hyped "setting" in cfb... Which is pretty impressive since it's never been hyped by anyone outside of Lawrence ever.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #15224 on: August 29, 2016, 04:59:30 PM »
UTEP's setting scoffs at the hill.  Scoffs I tell you!

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]