Author Topic: Auburneo  (Read 8494 times)

Offline prowler

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Auburneo
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2014, 09:27:43 PM »
Prowler, don't take it so hard.  This is what these guys are shooting for.  Just keep this in mind... :Take the Bait:

Not taking it hard at all. Matter of fact, since no one cared to take what I had to say seriously, I'm enjoying the fact that the amount of replies on this thread has more than tripled since I arrived.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2014, 09:28:27 PM »
You know, e-courage never ceases to amaze me. I didn't make the trip to Manhattan, but I'm glad I have heard enough first hand accounts from those who did to know that the majority of the Kansas State fan base is not represented by the likes of those commenting on this thread. You sound far too much like a bunch of butthurt sore losers; Ive been following Auburn football for far longer than our current athletics director has been in place, and I'm not sure that Jacobs, or any other Auburn AD, has issued that kind of letter to any other school, ever...yet in spite of praising both the atmosphere and the hospitality, it gets characterized as condescending amidst the chorus of boos and potshots. The only criticism with any substance belittled Jacobs' ability to judge a gameday atmosphere, but did you know that the last time Auburn played in a stadium that was not larger than LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium was in 2012, when the Tigers visited Vanderbilt?

Now please don't take that as criticism of your home field, because its design does a great deal to funnel noise down onto the field (much like our new basketball arena is rowdier than the old one despite being smaller, due to the architecture), and those friends of mine who traveled up were rather impressed. Putting the gameday atmosphere on the same level as that of Death Valley in Baton Rouge, The Swamp in Gainesville, Between the Hedges in Athens, The Twelfth Man in College Station, etc. is quite a compliment, not a slap in the face.

Furthermore, this letter was written specifically because of the amount of Auburn men and women who have come back from Manhattan with glowing reviews for the class of the Wildcat fan base. The only way it could possibly be taken as condescending is if you just want to believe that it is...but hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Best of luck with the rest of your season. And yes, I mean that sincerely, even with the knowledge that my mere presence will undoubtedly be lambasted by the people around here.

I made the trip to Manhattan and have been to more than one game in all of those venues (except Kyle Field in College Station) and I can tell you that their gameday experience does NOT stack up to Georgia, Florida, LSU, etc. Sorry, it just doesn't. Not as loud, not as many people, not as much tailgating, and not as good of a product on the field.

That Denny's tho

Offline sak

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2014, 09:33:08 PM »
You know, e-courage never ceases to amaze me. I didn't make the trip to Manhattan, but I'm glad I have heard enough first hand accounts from those who did to know that the majority of the Kansas State fan base is not represented by the likes of those commenting on this thread. You sound far too much like a bunch of butthurt sore losers; Ive been following Auburn football for far longer than our current athletics director has been in place, and I'm not sure that Jacobs, or any other Auburn AD, has issued that kind of letter to any other school, ever...yet in spite of praising both the atmosphere and the hospitality, it gets characterized as condescending amidst the chorus of boos and potshots. The only criticism with any substance belittled Jacobs' ability to judge a gameday atmosphere, but did you know that the last time Auburn played in a stadium that was not larger than LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium was in 2012, when the Tigers visited Vanderbilt?

Now please don't take that as criticism of your home field, because its design does a great deal to funnel noise down onto the field (much like our new basketball arena is rowdier than the old one despite being smaller, due to the architecture), and those friends of mine who traveled up were rather impressed. Putting the gameday atmosphere on the same level as that of Death Valley in Baton Rouge, The Swamp in Gainesville, Between the Hedges in Athens, The Twelfth Man in College Station, etc. is quite a compliment, not a slap in the face.

Furthermore, this letter was written specifically because of the amount of Auburn men and women who have come back from Manhattan with glowing reviews for the class of the Wildcat fan base. The only way it could possibly be taken as condescending is if you just want to believe that it is...but hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Best of luck with the rest of your season. And yes, I mean that sincerely, even with the knowledge that my mere presence will undoubtedly be lambasted by the people around here.

I made the trip to Manhattan and have been to more than one game in all of those venues (except Kyle Field in College Station) and I can tell you that their gameday experience does NOT stack up to Georgia, Florida, LSU, etc. Sorry, it just doesn't. Not as loud, not as many people, not as much tailgating, and not as good of a product on the field.

That Denny's tho

literally the best thing that was open in the whole state. kinda pathetic.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2014, 09:35:24 PM »
Probably the only thing open that you knew you'd like, understandable

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2014, 09:37:48 PM »
You know, e-courage never ceases to amaze me. I didn't make the trip to Manhattan, but I'm glad I have heard enough first hand accounts from those who did to know that the majority of the Kansas State fan base is not represented by the likes of those commenting on this thread. You sound far too much like a bunch of butthurt sore losers; Ive been following Auburn football for far longer than our current athletics director has been in place, and I'm not sure that Jacobs, or any other Auburn AD, has issued that kind of letter to any other school, ever...yet in spite of praising both the atmosphere and the hospitality, it gets characterized as condescending amidst the chorus of boos and potshots. The only criticism with any substance belittled Jacobs' ability to judge a gameday atmosphere, but did you know that the last time Auburn played in a stadium that was not larger than LHC LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium was in 2012, when the Tigers visited Vanderbilt?

sak just called all your friends liars, prowler.  What say you?

:lol:
bears are fast...

Offline sak

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2014, 09:44:18 PM »
You know, e-courage never ceases to amaze me. I didn't make the trip to Manhattan, but I'm glad I have heard enough first hand accounts from those who did to know that the majority of the Kansas State fan base is not represented by the likes of those commenting on this thread. You sound far too much like a bunch of butthurt sore losers; Ive been following Auburn football for far longer than our current athletics director has been in place, and I'm not sure that Jacobs, or any other Auburn AD, has issued that kind of letter to any other school, ever...yet in spite of praising both the atmosphere and the hospitality, it gets characterized as condescending amidst the chorus of boos and potshots. The only criticism with any substance belittled Jacobs' ability to judge a gameday atmosphere, but did you know that the last time Auburn played in a stadium that was not larger than LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium was in 2012, when the Tigers visited Vanderbilt?

wat?

sorry bro but your stadium can't compare to the SEC. 13 of 14 SEC stadiums are bigger. and no matter how much you may want to believe it, it just wasn't that loud. i'd put it right there on that kentucky-ole miss level. maybe mississippi state, but it is louder in there with their cowbells. slight edge over vanderbilt though.

lol at our AD throwing ya'll a bone though.

the loudest the stadium got was when the boos rained down when SEC chants broke out. and that was with half of you already streaming out the exits.

Offline prowler

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2014, 09:47:04 PM »
You know, e-courage never ceases to amaze me. I didn't make the trip to Manhattan, but I'm glad I have heard enough first hand accounts from those who did to know that the majority of the Kansas State fan base is not represented by the likes of those commenting on this thread. You sound far too much like a bunch of butthurt sore losers; Ive been following Auburn football for far longer than our current athletics director has been in place, and I'm not sure that Jacobs, or any other Auburn AD, has issued that kind of letter to any other school, ever...yet in spite of praising both the atmosphere and the hospitality, it gets characterized as condescending amidst the chorus of boos and potshots. The only criticism with any substance belittled Jacobs' ability to judge a gameday atmosphere, but did you know that the last time Auburn played in a stadium that was not larger than LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium was in 2012, when the Tigers visited Vanderbilt?

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? It was Jay Jacobs who said it was as strong a gameday atmosphere as any we've visited; my friends just talked about how classy the K-State fans were.

You guys are the ones who are making my friends out to be liars. Of course, I'm sure that is a combination of the e-courage to which I alluded in the first sentence I ever posted on this board, and the likelihood that the majority of those commenting on this thread are not those who are actually at the stadium on gameday.

Offline prowler

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2014, 09:52:51 PM »
Well boys, it's been fun, but I'll leave you to convincing yourself that Kansas State is the greatest thing since sliced bread (while denying any praise thrown your way by any opponent). Enjoy yourselves.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2014, 09:53:19 PM »
Stephen F Austin brought more fans to Manhattan than your miserably poor fan base, let that sink in.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2014, 09:54:12 PM »
Come say that to my face, prowler
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2014, 09:56:39 PM »
Thinly veiled jealousy from Sad Sak. How sad...
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2014, 10:23:52 PM »
I just looked at a list of the largest college football stadiums, and other than Austin, it reads like a list of the worst places on earth. 

sak, take a look at the world around you, and aspire to something greater in life than knowing that you and a lot of your ilk can fit in the stands.

Offline sak

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2014, 10:28:19 PM »
I just looked at a list of the largest college football stadiums, and other than Austin, it reads like a list of the worst places on earth. 

sak, take a look at the world around you, and aspire to something greater in life than knowing that you and a lot of your ilk can fit in the stands.

you have 24,000 posts on a message board with barely any real discussion. sounds like you might want to try checking out the world around you.

and i've been to most of those stadiums with 90,000+ and guess what? most of them are in places as nice or nicer than manhattan, kansas. so please, get over yourself.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2014, 10:31:08 PM »

you have 24,000 posts on a message board with barely any real discussion. sounds like you might want to try checking out the world around you.

and i've been to most of those stadiums with 90,000+ and guess what? most of them are in places as nice or nicer than manhattan, kansas. so please, get over yourself.

Barely any real discussion?  The King will soon be sleeping on a Queen thanks to my real discussion.

Offline sak

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2014, 10:59:40 PM »

Barely any real discussion?  The King will soon be sleeping on a Queen thanks to my real discussion.

no really... how does it feel to know you have 24,000 posts on a kansas state message board? get a life bro.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2014, 11:01:53 PM »

no really... how does it feel to know you have 24,000 posts on a kansas state message board? get a life bro.

Well, it is one of my favorite message boards. 

What is it you want to have real discussion about?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2014, 11:02:15 PM »
a life bro

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2014, 11:02:38 PM »
similar to a life coach but different

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2014, 11:03:58 PM »
'clams, you are on the list of life bro candidates.

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2014, 11:07:36 PM »

no really... how does it feel to know you have 24,000 posts on a this kansas state message board? get a life bro.

:love:   sounds rather elite to me  :Not Worthy:

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2014, 11:39:08 PM »
I feel like that form letter only had only minor modifications over the one sent to FCS schools.  Condescending prick.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2014, 12:14:23 AM »
Come say that to my face, prowler

That's what I thought, big talker behind your keyboard, pussy
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2014, 12:22:18 AM »

wat?

sorry bro but your stadium can't compare to the SEC. 13 of 14 SEC stadiums are bigger. and no matter how much you may want to believe it, it just wasn't that loud. i'd put it right there on that kentucky-ole miss level. maybe mississippi state, but it is louder in there with their cowbells. slight edge over vanderbilt though.

the loudest the stadium got was when the boos rained down when SEC chants broke out. and that was with half of you already streaming out the exits.

You do realize that you're like the ONLY person who attended who's saying that right, "bro"?  Not that we really care, because our self worth isn't based on the size of our football stadium tho...

You lost all credibility with your first post on this blog and it's just gone downhill from there.
bears are fast...

Offline sak

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2014, 02:40:57 AM »

wat?

You do realize that you're like the ONLY person who attended who's saying that right, "bro"?  Not that we really care, because our self worth isn't based on the size of our football stadium tho...

You lost all credibility with your first post on this blog and it's just gone downhill from there.

yeah okay, i lost all credibility because i predicted a solid auburn win. LOL. who won the game again? remind me? which team took a knee as time expired instead of adding more points to the score? yeah, that's right. it was auburn.

NOTHING about manhattan or kansas state resembled big time college football. the stadium is smallish. the tailgating scene was weak. it just wasn't that loud.

harley day i guess is a cool tradition. beyond that, what am i supposed to be blown away by? seriously? i'm used to visiting baton rouge, gainesville, tuscaloosa, and athens where there are as many people outside the stadium still tailgating during the game as there were inside of BSFS.

sorry, the SEC just does it better.

and nice job deflecting to judging self-worth. strawman much? this is a forum about kansas state football... and i'm letting you know the gameday experience is second rate compared to how we do it down south. i didn't say it sucks or that the stadium was quiet... simply that it isn't in the same class as the SEC.

if you don't like these FACTS (and yes, they are FACTS. there are FEWER tailgaters, LESS noise, and an INFERIOR product on the field), then perhaps you should find a new hobby, or at least get thicker skin.

war eagle... and thank god the people i did meet in manhattan didn't act like most of you assclowns act on here.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2014, 08:43:54 AM »
I went to Auburn game in 2007, and it was pretty compariable I would say to Iowa State in terms of tailgating atmosphere, and loudness inside the stadium.  To their credit they did have a pretty solid Perkins that my family ate at tho.