Author Topic: Things you'll miss about Charlie Weis  (Read 8842 times)

Offline Muldoon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Things you'll miss about Charlie Weis
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2014, 04:02:08 PM »
This story from Ryan Lilja:

The first coach or anybody that I get to meet on the staff to see if this is the right fit or whatever for me, which is code for how much are they going to pay me, was coach Weis. So I go in and he has a big conference table even though he's got the three quarterbacks that he works with but he's got this huge office with a big conference table.

He's sitting there in his sweatpants at the head of the table and he goes, "Ryan Lilja. Don't sit down. Don't sit down yet. I'm going to tell you everything there is to know about you. I'm going to tell you everything there is to know about you then you can sit down knowing I know everything there is to know about you."

Then he blabbers on about my Wikipedia page or some crap. Some that was true, whatever, he tells me your wife went to high school here, this and that, junior college. I said wow, OK.

So he goes, "OK now that you know that I know everything there is to know about you, you can sit down." I said OK this is starting off kind of weird. So I sit down and I'm thinking how he's gonna tell me how I fit into his scheme, we're going to run the play action, we're going to run to set up the pass, this is what we're gonna do. None of that.

He starts telling me about his son. He's like, well you know St. Thomas Aquinas, Rockhurst, I don't know which one of these schools I want to send him to. This one is this, this is the benefits of this one is this. He's boring the heck out of me. I'm like what in the heck is going on. So then his phone rings and he's like excuse me for a minute, I think it's my wife or my son. I'm only going to answer it if it's my wife or my son.

He goes and grabs the phone and picks it up and goes, "Nope, it's Bon Jovi. Anyway so, Rockhurst ..."

I just lost it. I completely lost it. I was like, "Are you serious!?" he goes, yeah we're like this. He did the finger cross thing but couldn't get them all around (laughter). I was like wow that is pretty cool. Bon Jovi was going to town that day and I guess they were buds from up there in New Jersey. Anyway, that's my Charlie Weis story.
There's a whole lot of awesome in this that I will miss about Chaz.  I'll also miss being able to call the KU coach "Chaz."

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2014, 05:47:33 PM »
I will miss his "it's great to be a Jayhawk" tweets

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2014, 06:49:37 PM »
His tweet about the big turnout at arrowhead this summer was pretty great

The Big Train

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2014, 07:20:00 PM »
 :cry: they just never gave him a chance

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2014, 07:46:01 PM »
KU practice at Arrowhead. Weis took this pic and tweeted how great the turnout was.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 08:00:25 PM by Bookcat »

The Big Train

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2014, 07:53:30 PM »

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2014, 08:04:04 PM »
 :lol:

Offline Muldoon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2014, 08:04:13 PM »
www.youtube.com/watch?v=K33MefHkSQI

Start watching at the 1:55 mark.  2:57 through 3:14 is priceless. :lol:

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2014, 08:16:46 PM »
Weis mentioning in last week's press conference that KU needs to prepare for Joe Bergeron, when in fact Joe was kicked off the team before the season started

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2014, 08:24:18 PM »
Weis mentioning in last week's press conference that KU needs to prepare for Joe Bergeron, when in fact Joe was kicked off the team before the season started

:surprised: :surprised:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2014, 09:41:18 PM »

:surprised: :surprised:
allchazhiemers?
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2014, 09:45:41 PM »
The track.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2014, 10:30:14 PM »
Passive aggressively begging to be fired at press conferences
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2014, 11:50:21 PM »

Yeah. I think that had as much to do with the firing as losing to Texas did.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2014, 11:54:15 PM »
Practicing celebrating GW field goals

I think that should have put Zenger on Fire Charlie Now Alert. Pretty strange and delusional stuff. Should have canned the guy then.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2014, 11:55:59 PM »
Honestly, not really that much

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2014, 11:58:29 PM »
Never really did it for me. Cashed out on life a few years prior. Ready to ride into the sunset.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2014, 12:00:06 AM »

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2014, 12:03:22 AM »
Charlie seemed like a placeholder. He would have liked to win, but was OK if he just won one more game than he did the previous year. Too passive. Knd of like a perfect fit for KU football.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2014, 12:26:33 AM »
This story from Ryan Lilja:

The first coach or anybody that I get to meet on the staff to see if this is the right fit or whatever for me, which is code for how much are they going to pay me, was coach Weis. So I go in and he has a big conference table even though he's got the three quarterbacks that he works with but he's got this huge office with a big conference table.

He's sitting there in his sweatpants at the head of the table and he goes, "Ryan Lilja. Don't sit down. Don't sit down yet. I'm going to tell you everything there is to know about you. I'm going to tell you everything there is to know about you then you can sit down knowing I know everything there is to know about you."

Then he blabbers on about my Wikipedia page or some crap. Some that was true, whatever, he tells me your wife went to high school here, this and that, junior college. I said wow, OK.

So he goes, "OK now that you know that I know everything there is to know about you, you can sit down." I said OK this is starting off kind of weird. So I sit down and I'm thinking how he's gonna tell me how I fit into his scheme, we're going to run the play action, we're going to run to set up the pass, this is what we're gonna do. None of that.

He starts telling me about his son. He's like, well you know St. Thomas Aquinas, Rockhurst, I don't know which one of these schools I want to send him to. This one is this, this is the benefits of this one is this. He's boring the heck out of me. I'm like what in the heck is going on. So then his phone rings and he's like excuse me for a minute, I think it's my wife or my son. I'm only going to answer it if it's my wife or my son.

He goes and grabs the phone and picks it up and goes, "Nope, it's Bon Jovi. Anyway so, Rockhurst ..."

I just lost it. I completely lost it. I was like, "Are you serious!?" he goes, yeah we're like this. He did the finger cross thing but couldn't get them all around (laughter). I was like wow that is pretty cool. Bon Jovi was going to town that day and I guess they were buds from up there in New Jersey. Anyway, that's my Charlie Weis story.

Oh man, F U buttoning Bon Jovi? Super stud move.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2014, 06:26:02 AM »
I will miss that about Charlie

Offline CopperBowl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2014, 07:18:32 AM »
But who/what will replace Charlie in this awesome Big 12 commercial??

http://youtu.be/xA-br53EzTo

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2014, 07:22:17 AM »
The Chaz Weis office stories rivaled the Mark Mangino office stories.   I'll miss that.

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2014, 07:25:24 AM »
True line in the sand, all or nothing vision statements like: "One team in this state was 10 and 2 and the other was 2 and 10. I'm here to find out why." :excited:

Online deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2014, 08:44:50 AM »
Refusing to call it the Wildcat Formation.
:nono:  Denied.  That's been the practice since the "wildcat" became a trendy offensive option.  Turner Gill called it the "jayhawk"  :lol: