Author Topic: Sean (no gE'ing in this thread)  (Read 10331 times)

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Sean (no gE'ing in this thread)
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2014, 10:37:15 AM »
If he's well coached, isn't the player that blocked it yelling his ass off so the rest of his team mates know?  And if the block is on, aren't those team mates listening and keeping an orientation as to where they are on the field? 

I agree that's blaming too much on Sean and a bunch of 20 yr olds when the officials were just as clueless.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2014, 10:55:00 AM »

Watching it again, it was a pretty big screw up by everyone involved. We had multiple players that could have recovered even catching the original out of the air. Also, Prewitt didn't think he could recover it after it was on the ground. The official called it a block right away and I have no idea why the whistle was blown so late. After rewatching I take back much of what I said; it was dumb by our guys not to recover it, but really dumb by whatever official decided to blow the whistle before we tackled the UTEP guy with the ball.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2014, 10:57:00 AM »
If he's well coached, isn't the player that blocked it yelling his ass off so the rest of his team mates know?  And if the block is on, aren't those team mates listening and keeping an orientation as to where they are on the field? 

I agree that's blaming too much on Sean and a bunch of 20 yr olds when the officials were just as clueless.

I'm sure they practice what to do when the ball barely glances off your helmet all the time. Player may not have even felt/realized it himself.

I was yelling at them to get on the ball, but I had the benefit of a tv camera focused on the ball glancing off the helmet with the officials in the background giving the tip signal. I wonder if they're taught to look to the officials for the tip sign if they're unsure?

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2014, 11:00:58 AM »

Watching it again, it was a pretty big screw up by everyone involved. We had multiple players that could have recovered even catching the original out of the air. Also, Prewitt didn't think he could recover it after it was on the ground. The official called it a block right away and I have no idea why the whistle was blown so late. After rewatching I take back much of what I said; it was dumb by our guys not to recover it, but really dumb by whatever official decided to blow the whistle before we tackled the UTEP guy with the ball.

Good find. Looks like the guy who blocked it did realize he did pretty quickly. Looks like 9 and 57 were trying to get it after the first bounce and got in each other's way.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2014, 11:13:02 AM »
If I see Kaleb's name spelled Prewitt one more time, I'm gonna blow my head off with a shotgun

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2014, 11:42:41 AM »
I'm anti-Sean as head coach (I'd like the replacement to be a little more well traveled to help cultivate a larger network), but let's say that Del retired at the end of this year, Rhoads got fired, and we brought Mangino in to be OC/AHC to help prop him up, then I'd be more okay with it.

That said, if Bill walks out that door, and Hayes goes with him, I'd be curious to see who Sean would promote or find as the DC.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2014, 11:47:17 AM »
If I see Kaleb's name spelled Prewitt one more time, I'm gonna blow my head off with a shotgun

Sorry about that.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2014, 11:56:55 AM »
I'm anti-Sean as head coach (I'd like the replacement to be a little more well traveled to help cultivate a larger network), but let's say that Del retired at the end of this year, Rhoads got fired, and we brought Mangino in to be OC/AHC to help prop him up, then I'd be more okay with it.

That said, if Bill walks out that door, and Hayes goes with him, I'd be curious to see who Sean would promote or find as the DC.

:barf:

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2014, 12:03:30 PM »

clearly more than one official blew his whistle. i want to know why multiple dumbasses were officiating, and what they thought was a fumble.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2014, 12:04:19 PM »
If Mangino couldn't win consistently at KU, what makes people think he'd be able to do it at a place with worse facilities, less tradition, and harder place to recruit?  Honest question.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2014, 12:08:05 PM »

Prewitt     :buh-bye:
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2014, 12:10:51 PM »

Who's running the fryers at the Manhattan Tanners?

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2014, 12:29:38 PM »

Barfing what exactly?

Mangino?

Sean hiring a DC?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2014, 01:49:59 PM »
I'm pretty sure he means hiring assistants and coordinators and I agree completely.

I don't think Sean is a terrible ST coordinator and he's done a fine job running the operations side of the football program for a long time, but that doesn't make him head coach material. IMHO he's not largely respected as a coach by others in the profession and as a result he would have a really difficult time hiring quality coordinators and assistants. I think it would be a train wreck waiting to happen.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2014, 01:57:05 PM »
I'm pretty sure he means hiring assistants and coordinators and I agree completely.

I don't think Sean is a terrible ST coordinator and he's done a fine job running the operations side of the football program for a long time, but that doesn't make him head coach material. IMHO he's not largely respected as a coach by others in the profession and as a result he would have a really difficult time hiring quality coordinators and assistants. I think it would be a train wreck waiting to happen.
Hiring good coordinators and assistants is the most important aspect of coaching at K-State.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2014, 01:58:33 PM »
I'm anti-Sean as head coach (I'd like the replacement to be a little more well traveled to help cultivate a larger network),

This would be my concern too.  Who would be the assists?  Without being OC or DC in his career, why would worthy/proven assistants come work under him?  If I was an OC or DC candidate, I would be tentative, at best, to work under someone who I felt I was better qualified than.

Why would we want him given that we don't know his level of experience with offense or defensive scheme?  I would also worry about Bill's influence over him.  I don't know if it is true or not, but I am assuming Sean is not Bill and therefore may not be up to doing exactly what Bill does exactly how Bill does it, yet Sean could find himself having to try because of retired Bill in his ear and the whole Dad v Son dynamic.  Especially when you factor in our boosters who love how Bill does his job.

Hiring Sean would basically require the position to be given based off of what his Dad told us he has been doing for the last decade or so.  Someone else could be weighed against their responsibilities and performance more fairly if they didn't work for family and it was obvious what their involvement has been and to what extent, imo.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2014, 01:58:49 PM »

Hiring good coordinators and assistants is the most important aspect of coaching at K-State.

Yes, hiring and keeping; see Prince year 1 vs years 2 and 3.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2014, 02:50:02 PM »
John Currie is not going to stake his career to Sean Snyder, nor should he. It's just common sense. I'm sure he'll do everything short of killing a man to make sure he gets "his guy".
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2014, 07:38:56 PM »
John Currie is not going to stake his career to Sean Snyder, nor should he. It's just common sense. I'm sure he'll do everything short of killing a man to make sure he gets "his guy".

My concern is that "his guy" is someone like Brady Hoke or Derek Dooley. Brady Hoke would be identical to the oscar Weber hire.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2014, 07:44:38 PM »

My concern is that "his guy" is someone like Brady Hoke or Derek Dooley. Brady Hoke would be identical to the oscar Weber hire.

That's my concern as well, but hopefully coming out of the SEC means that he understands how important it is to nail this hire when the time comes. He may be such a giant dork that he thinks that those guys are actually quality hires though  :ohno:
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2014, 09:25:31 PM »

Barfing what exactly?

Mangino?

Sean hiring a DC?

All of it, it all sounds horrendous.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2014, 07:14:18 AM »

Weber hire was way worse at the time than hoke would be now.  That said pretty much any time I stake a position out on K-State head coaches I am wrong.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2014, 09:05:37 AM »

Barfing what exactly?

Mangino?

Sean hiring a DC?

All of it, it all sounds horrendous.

My scenario is what happens if the worst case scenario comes to fruition.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2014, 02:39:23 PM »

Heck, there have been grumblings of SS's popularity within former cat players let alone CFB at large.  The HCIW for Sean stuff truly is the most illogical thing Bill has ever sad.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2014, 11:44:02 AM »
First edition of ADV stats for STs are out. Not looking real good right now: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/feist

#69 is by far the worst we've been in a while.

Since Bill came back here is where we finished each season in ST:
2009 - #18
2010 - #9
2011 - #28
2012 - #1
2013 - #33