Author Topic: Sean (no gE'ing in this thread)  (Read 10318 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sean (no gE'ing in this thread)
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2014, 11:50:19 AM »
I can't wait until Sean becomes head coach.

Offline SeanSnyder4Prez

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2014, 12:59:11 PM »
i do not approve of this thread

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2014, 01:06:39 PM »
This is not the first time that I have heard this and been completely flabbergasted.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2014, 01:12:39 PM »
This is not the first time that I have heard this and been completely flabbergasted.

Not kidding

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2014, 08:28:34 PM »

Not kidding
Nepotism is killing this team.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2014, 09:18:14 PM »

Not kidding
Nepotism is killing this team.

Wow how coincidental because dumb is killing this blog.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2014, 09:22:05 PM »
Tate Snyder, Kyle Klein, Jack Cantele, Sean Snyder.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2014, 09:25:38 PM »
You forgot one

also holy eff, how stupid are you

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2014, 09:27:36 PM »
TLBL and the other receiver #14.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2014, 09:30:25 PM »
Win another dr pep and I'll help him move into bill's office

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2014, 09:41:53 PM »
Probably not fair to include Collin on the list of unwarranted pick ups.  Local guy and still has an opportunity to be a good ball player, but it could be.

I don't think Sean is a bad coach or completely unqualified, but to think we should pick the next head coach based on pedigree and not merit is dumb.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2014, 10:03:24 PM »
Probably not fair to include Collin on the list of unwarranted pick ups.  Local guy and still has an opportunity to be a good ball player, but it could be.

I don't think Sean is a bad coach or completely unqualified, but to think we should pick the next head coach based on pedigree and not merit is dumb.
He has more active time at KSU than LHCBS.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2014, 10:10:16 PM »

Ehhh, if you count playing time.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2014, 10:24:15 PM »

Was active during the time Bill was retired

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2014, 10:30:06 PM »

Was active during the time Bill was retired
But didn't start as an assistant coach until 94

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2014, 12:21:46 AM »

You don't think 20 years at the hand of LHC Bill Snyder constitutes merit? What the hell do you think Sean has been doing? My hope is that Sean runs the program the same but is slightly more savvy and less crotchety about things like uniforms, media, and promoting the program. A mix of the good qualities of the two coaches he's worked for.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2014, 08:22:06 AM »
Currie is just going to have oscar coach both teams once Snyder leaves
emaw

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2014, 09:12:35 AM »
Also, the officials were completely correct on the blocked punt,  inadvertent whistle call.

"Completely correct" may be going a little overboard here. After observing a phantom fumble and phoning a friend for 90 minutes, they ultimately correctly ruled an inadvertent whistle and down replay...cause entirely by a massive screw-up on their own part in blowing the whistle prematurely.

Officials hired to work in college and the pros aren't hired because they can spot a guy moving before the snap. They're hired because they're supposed to have the experience and poise to be able to correctly handle uncommon situations. When you lose your cool and blow your whistle intentionally and incorrectly, negating a red-zone turnover, you should never work another game at that level.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2014, 09:38:30 AM »
Also, the officials were completely correct on the blocked punt,  inadvertent whistle call.

"Completely correct" may be going a little overboard here. After observing a phantom fumble and phoning a friend for 90 minutes, they ultimately correctly ruled an inadvertent whistle and down replay...cause entirely by a massive screw-up on their own part in blowing the whistle prematurely.

Officials hired to work in college and the pros aren't hired because they can spot a guy moving before the snap. They're hired because they're supposed to have the experience and poise to be able to correctly handle uncommon situations. When you lose your cool and blow your whistle intentionally and incorrectly, negating a red-zone turnover, you should never work another game at that level.

While I agree it was a pretty big mistake, I did explain here why I did give the refs a bit of a break because of the strange nature of what happened on the play.

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2014, 09:49:58 AM »
The strangest part of the blocked-punt-that-wasn't was how none of our players went for the football. They just stood there and watched it drop, and then seemingly thought UTEP touching it would down it and just let them pick it up. Why we didn't dive on it was the most frustrating part, then the ref blowing his whistle second.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2014, 09:59:54 AM »
The strangest part of the blocked-punt-that-wasn't was how none of our players went for the football. They just stood there and watched it drop, and then seemingly thought UTEP touching it would down it and just let them pick it up. Why we didn't dive on it was the most frustrating part, then the ref blowing his whistle second.

It seems like everyone involved assumed the ball was beyond the line of scrimmage. You definitely don't want to touch the ball in that situation if you blocked the kick/punt. The strange way it went high and came back down seemed to throw everyone off.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2014, 10:02:35 AM »
if that's me on the punt unit, and the ball is blocked, i'm scooping and scoring every single time.

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2014, 10:12:59 AM »

It seems like everyone involved assumed the ball was beyond the line of scrimmage. You definitely don't want to touch the ball in that situation if you blocked the kick/punt. The strange way it went high and came back down seemed to throw everyone off.
The ball landed quite a ways behind the los didn't it?  I honestly don't remember. But there is such a big difference in what a player should do if the ball lands behind the los vs. beyond the los, that a good coach dedicated to special teams would emphasize that point to his punt block unit so that his team is prepared to react properly when the play achieves its intended out come. But...the refs clearly didn't know either.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2014, 10:24:37 AM »
While I agree it was a pretty big mistake, I did explain here why I did give the refs a bit of a break because of the strange nature of what happened on the play.

I'll give the players more of a break (see below), but for me it really comes down to the fact that high-level officials shouldn't be there to make the right call in the easy situations but to make the right call in the tough situations--and especially not to deliberately end a play when it should continue. And I'm saying this more as somebody who's officiated than as a disgruntled fan. That sort of thing makes officials look bad.

The ball landed quite a ways behind the los didn't it?  I honestly don't remember. But there is such a big difference in what a player should do if the ball lands behind the los vs. beyond the los, that a good coach dedicated to special teams would emphasize that point to his punt block unit so that his team is prepared to react properly when the play achieves its intended out come. But...the refs clearly didn't know either.

I'm sure for most of the players it was tough to tell whether the ball was actually touched--it only glanced off the helmet and went way up into the air...and that's assuming they were actually looking at the ball before it wound up high in the air. It probably looked to most of them like a really terrible punt, and they've all been drilled on punts with punt defenders all around you to just get out of the way and not risk getting hit by the bounce (and that's to the extent that any of the rushers [who were the ones down in that area] have been drilled at all on what to do when fielding a non-blocked punt). 

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2014, 10:33:57 AM »
I know practically nothing, and I immediately knew what should have happened with the punt landing behind the LOS AND I was on the opposite side of the field and was able to identify that the ball landed behind the LOS and I was like 5/7. could have just been a coincidence though i guess.