Author Topic: Remember the Kavanaugh!! Republican war cry in defeating ruthless Dems  (Read 98838 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: Kavanaugh hearing. Ugly bad optics for Democrats
« Reply #325 on: September 23, 2018, 02:38:13 PM »
Cool!

Christine Blasey Ford has claimed that four other people attended a small gathering at which she was allegedly assaulted by Brett Kavanaugh. Three of those people, PJ Smyth, Mark Judge, and Kavanaugh, have already denied any recollection of attending such a party.

On Saturday night, Leland Ingham Keyser, a classmate of Ford's at the all-girls school Holton-Arms and her final named witness, denied any recollection of attending a party with Brett Kavanaugh.

Keyser previously coached golf at Georgetown University and is now executive producer of Bob Beckel's podcast. Keyser is the ex-wife of Beckel, a former Democratic operative and commentator. A search on OpenSecrets.org reveals Keyser's only political donation has been to former Democratic senator Byron Dorgan.

Keyser's denial, as a female lifelong friend and Ford's last named witness, is the most consequential development that has occurred since Ford publicly stepped forward last Sunday and detailed her allegations to the Washington Post.

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 23, 2018, 02:42:39 PM »
Not sure if this is enough to overcome the whole uber convincing leftist argument that "white guys in the 80's groped women with impunity, so this definitely happened"

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 23, 2018, 03:21:31 PM »
Apt summary of the series of unfortunate events

On Monday, her lawyer and Democrats demanded she be allowed to testify. They insisted she was eager to do it. When Republicans immediately agreed, the demand changed to requiring an FBI investigation first. This occurred despite there being nothing for the FBI to investigate, since her story has evolved slightly but still lacks any details that could prove or disprove anything. Once that attempt at delay was played out, Republicans set a deadline: decide to testify by Friday at 10:00 am or there will be a Committee vote Monday.

As if it weren’t weird enough already, leftists issued more demands. She would tell the story she was supposedly itching to tell if, and only if, her wish list was granted. After days of liberals decrying the idea “a bunch of white men” asking her questions, she insisted that only those white men be allowed to ask her questions – none of this having a female staff lawyer ask her anything. Optics suddenly became more important than “her truth.”

She also wanted Judge Kavanaugh to testify first. While Kavanaugh has been unequivocal in his denials and never waived from his commitment to rebut any allegation, you can’t rebut allegations that haven’t been testified to. The accused never goes first, it’s un-American.

That didn’t matter, Democrats were immediately on board because they wanted anything to delay the process further. The concept of not allowing Ford and her team to dictate how the United State Senate conducts its business was irrelevant, and anything short of complete appeasement was declared “bullying.” In fact, everything was declared bullying. Every time Republicans agreed to what she wanted they were called bullies, chastised for “re-traumatizing” Ford for not agreeing to simply believe her.

Guilty was the only answer they’d accept, though they’d likely declare that not enough if they’d gotten it.

Senator Chuck Grassley, Chairman of the Judiciary Committee, kept setting deadlines for her to agree to testify or he’d call for a vote. She wouldn’t, then he’d change them. His leadership made Barack Obama look strong on chemical weapons use in Syria.

On Friday, Ford came up with a new excuse as to why she can’t testify on Monday – she’s uncomfortable with confined spaces, so she won’t fly to DC. She’ll drive, probably, but couldn’t possibly make it till Thursday. She’s had all week to decide this, but didn’t mention anything about this “phobia” until yet another deadline approached.

It worked, Grassley’s deadline was moved again.

After that, Senator Dianne Feinstein, who started all of this by hiding Ford’s letter for 6 weeks, had the nerve to say, “We must treat sexual assault survivors with respect, not bully or try to silence them.”

There was no bullying and there was nothing more Republicans could do to hear her story, her team was delaying again because delay was their only play.

Feinstein’s lies were not unique to her. Miraculously, every Democrat and journalist switched stories the way a baby has their diaper changed, and none of them missed a beat or were bothered by contradicting themselves, sometimes from just hours earlier. It was disgusting.

I don’t know what happened for Ford, but I do know she doesn’t want to talk about it under oath. In the past 2 months, she’s talked to probably dozens of Democrats at this point, elected and activist, the Washington Post on multiple occasions, a therapist, a polygraph operator, her husband, friends, but no one under oath.

Kavanaugh has submitted a statement that is subject to perjury laws, as have the others Ford said were at the party she can’t remember the location or year of, but she hasn’t. Her team is doing everything possible to avoid it, they want this hanging out there as long as possible to weaponize the charge without having it questioned. The Soviet Union used to do this, not America.

Online bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: September 23, 2018, 06:50:44 PM »
Still very much a mess.

Online bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 23, 2018, 07:34:18 PM »
when weighing who you should believe about the midterms, and electoral politics in general, keep in mind that sys was fantasizing about some Mormon CIA agent winning a state or two in 2016.

Chingon understands the steely eyed death cult full well.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 23, 2018, 07:35:52 PM »
This is always a red flag for me:

She was at first hesitant to speak publicly, partly because her memories contained gaps because she had been drinking at the time of the alleged incident. In her initial conversations with The New Yorker, she was reluctant to characterize Kavanaugh’s role in the alleged incident with certainty. After six days of carefully assessing her memories and consulting with her attorney, Ramirez said that she felt confident enough of her recollections

30+ years of self assessment and she’s not sure. But six days after being pressured by news agencies to put together a coherent story...

Everyone should want to hear more about this, but that is like prime inception territory.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 23, 2018, 08:56:49 PM »

She was at first hesitant to speak publicly, partly because her memories contained gaps because she had been drinking at the time of the alleged incident. In her initial conversations with The New Yorker, she was reluctant to characterize Kavanaugh’s role in the alleged incident with certainty. After six days of carefully assessing her memories and consulting with her attorney, Ramirez said that she felt confident enough of her recollections

30+ years of self assessment and she’s not sure. But six days after being pressured by news agencies to put together a coherent story...

Everyone should want to hear more about this, but that is like prime inception territory.
You sound like a sexual assaulter ITT

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 23, 2018, 09:09:12 PM »
Georgetown Prep getting quite the publicity.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 23, 2018, 09:12:18 PM »

I could link you the research on this, but my guess is you’re not really interested in actual guilt or innocence at this point.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 23, 2018, 09:58:38 PM »

I could link you the research on this, but my guess is you’re not really interested in actual guilt or innocence at this point.

Yes, please link us the "research" on how women over report and never conceal assault crimes.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 23, 2018, 10:06:26 PM »
This isn't about women "over reporting" sexual assault.  It is about people with distant hazy memories and/or PTSD potentially being taken advantage of by those with partisan motives.  It is very possible to implant distant memories in these kinds of people.

A few to get you started:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/false-memory-syndrome-false-confessions-memories

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0010945216301678 (maybe you can find a free version of the full article?)

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/06/19/remembering-the-murder-you-didnt-commit

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 23, 2018, 10:18:56 PM »
I'm not questioning the research, just disturbed by how hard catastrophe is railing against the women. I can't convict him, just getting creepo vibes.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 23, 2018, 10:21:38 PM »
I'm not questioning the research, just disturbed by how hard catastrophe is railing against the women. I can't convict him, just getting creepo vibes.
If you knew catastrophe, you'd know his character is better than yours. You've already made up your mind. You don't care about the evidence. Gah...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 23, 2018, 10:26:35 PM »
If you knew catastrophe, you'd know his character is better than yours. You've already made up your mind. You don't care about the evidence. Gah...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Most of what I can verify in this post is accurate

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 23, 2018, 10:42:01 PM »
This isn't about women "over reporting" sexual assault.  It is about people with distant hazy memories and/or PTSD potentially being taken advantage of by those with partisan motives.  It is very possible to implant distant memories in these kinds of people.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/false-memory-syndrome-false-confessions-memories

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0010945216301678 (maybe you can find a free version of the full article?)

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/06/19/remembering-the-murder-you-didnt-commit

More importantly, not a single person who was allegedly at these parties has any recollection of them ever occurring. The "witnesses" are unanimous in not having a clue what these women are talking about.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: September 23, 2018, 10:59:50 PM »

More importantly, not a single person who was allegedly at these parties has any recollection of them ever occurring. The "witnesses" are unanimous in not having a clue what these women are talking about.
LOL not true at all, but keep your head in the sand.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 23, 2018, 11:07:50 PM »
No, it's true. Nobody these people have identified by name as bearing witness has any recollection of the event ever occurring. They are o-fer on corroborating witnesses.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 23, 2018, 11:16:25 PM »
Cut and paste from the new yorker article

One of the male classmates who Ramirez said egged on Kavanaugh denied any memory of the party. “I don’t think Brett would flash himself to Debbie, or anyone, for that matter,” he said. Asked why he thought Ramirez was making the allegation, he responded, “I have no idea.” The other male classmate who Ramirez said was involved in the incident commented, “I have zero recollection.”

In a statement, two of those male classmates who Ramirez alleged were involved in the incident, the wife of a third male student she said was involved, and three other classmates, Dino Ewing, Louisa Garry, and Dan Murphy, disputed Ramirez’s account of events: “We were the people closest to Brett Kavanaugh during his first year at Yale. He was a roommate to some of us, and we spent a great deal of time with him, including in the dorm where this incident allegedly took place. Some of us were also friends with Debbie Ramirez during and after her time at Yale. We can say with confidence that if the incident Debbie alleges ever occurred, we would have seen or heard about it—and we did not. The behavior she describes would be completely out of character for Brett. In addition, some of us knew Debbie long after Yale, and she never described this incident until Brett’s Supreme Court nomination was pending. Editors from the New Yorker contacted some of us because we are the people who would know the truth, and we told them that we never saw or heard about this.”

The former friend who was married to the male classmate alleged to be involved, and who signed the statement, said of Ramirez, “This is a woman I was best friends with. We shared intimate details of our lives. And I was never told this story by her, or by anyone else. It never came up. I didn’t see it; I never heard of it happening.”

All 4 people Ford said were at the party that one time and that one place had no recollection of any such event.

They are batting .000 (0-10) with corroborating witnesses. I can't believe the New Yorker even published that garbage.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 24, 2018, 07:03:12 AM »
Interesting.  Senator Fienstein this morning is calling for a delay in the vote to investigate these latest  harges.  Both are baseless.   Seems like a ploy to me to stop the nomination.
I AM AS MAD AS HELL!
I hope every man and real woman understand that radical Democrats are willing to stoops so low to a point of destroying a man by innuendo.and not facts.  Yet they don't belive facts when their 2nd in command is accused of the same offenses.
Why do facts matter?
Professor Ford can't remember when her supposed attack happened; cannot even narrow it down to the week.  Kavanaugh has to have this fact to defend himself.  During much of the summer when this occurred he was not even at home.  Ford said 4 people were there when incident happened.  All 4 deny it did happen.
I believe Democrats don't believe her either.  She served their purpose of delay and convincing women Republicans hate them.  Keep the ball rolling - find the next liar!!!