Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 3980454 times)

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #13950 on: September 21, 2011, 01:12:56 PM »
Once again, thank you Texas.

They can easily leave to a bigger and more prestigious conference and make just as much money. But they have morals.

Hook em.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13951 on: September 21, 2011, 01:15:44 PM »
Again?

I never stopped

:hornsup:

I'm also a proud member of #teamUT

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13952 on: September 21, 2011, 01:15:53 PM »
I hate feeling like a bad guy for our eventual raiding of the Big East.

Sorry Big East.   I feel for ya, I really do.  :cry:

It's like we're twin brothers but we (Big 12) have a failing kidney.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13954 on: September 21, 2011, 01:17:57 PM »
I hate feeling like a bad guy for our eventual raiding of the Big East.

Sorry Big East.   I feel for ya, I really do.  :cry:

It's like we're twin brothers but we (Big 12) have a failing kidney.

We both have failing kidneys, and we plan on stealing the Big East's while they sleep and leaving them in a bath tub full of ice to die in Mexico.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #13955 on: September 21, 2011, 01:18:04 PM »

They can easily leave to a bigger and more prestigious conference and make just as much money. But they have morals.

Hook em.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhI0OVs_zj0

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #13956 on: September 21, 2011, 01:19:05 PM »

I'm also a proud member of #teamUTrespect

:comeatme:

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13957 on: September 21, 2011, 01:21:18 PM »

Hook em.

Yes. There isn't a university in this nation that has done more for Kansas State than Texas. Thank you, Texas.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13958 on: September 21, 2011, 01:22:41 PM »
ChuckCarltonDMN Chuck Carlton
by CNSCasey
Texas AD DeLoss Dodds: "We're Big 12. Period. "

:kstategrad:

negotiation - setting up OU as the bad guy. more ridiculous bullshit.

I should have been more clear.

:kstategrad: <---- K-State

no, this is nothing for K-State to get excited about. The best thing for KSU is what provides the most stability, and that is not what UT wants. UT is trying to say they are the committed ones in this relationship and that OU is the problem. So the statement was definitely not worth celebrating.

Texas isn't hampering stability, other meet peepers like A&M and OU are.  Texas isn't trying to put anyone out of business, they are just trying to make money and there's nothing wrong with that.  OU just needs to be comfortable with the fact that they are #2 in this conference and if they went to the SEC or PAC that position would get significantly worse.  OU and A&M's middle child complex is the biggest threat to the conference.  Don't forget the quotes from Lofin and Boren that started this crap.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13959 on: September 21, 2011, 01:28:08 PM »
by CNSCasey

no, this is nothing for K-State to get excited about. The best thing for KSU is what provides the most stability, and that is not what UT wants. UT is trying to say they are the committed ones in this relationship and that OU is the problem. So the statement was definitely not worth celebrating.

Texas isn't hampering stability, other meet peepers like A&M and OU are.  Texas isn't trying to put anyone out of business, they are just trying to make money and there's nothing wrong with that.  OU just needs to be comfortable with the fact that they are #2 in this conference and if they went to the SEC or PAC that position would get significantly worse.  OU and A&M's middle child complex is the biggest threat to the conference.  Don't forget the quotes from Lofin and Boren that started this crap.

No.  Denied.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13960 on: September 21, 2011, 01:31:22 PM »
Let's compile a list of teams and conferences and people who are kicking themselves in the nuts right now, and why.  

--Larry Scott, for CU and Utah.  (Although this allows them to have a championship game, which obviously is super money-y.  But still, I gotta think he's kicking himself in the nuts.)

--Mike Slive, for having 13 members.

--???
Why in the world would Larry Scott kick himself in the nuts.  He brought the PAC 10 to PAC 12 and made the conference rich with network contracts.  JFC, that is just a stupid statement.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13961 on: September 21, 2011, 01:32:37 PM »
Because CU/Utah are just stupid additions. The money was going to be there regardless.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13962 on: September 21, 2011, 01:36:32 PM »
Let's compile a list of teams and conferences and people who are kicking themselves in the nuts right now, and why.  

--Larry Scott, for CU and Utah.  (Although this allows them to have a championship game, which obviously is super money-y.  But still, I gotta think he's kicking himself in the nuts.)

--Mike Slive, for having 13 members.

--???

Swafford made out like a bandit.  Keyser Soze type stuff.
:fatty:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13963 on: September 21, 2011, 01:38:14 PM »
texas is a selfcenteredbethwhore

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13964 on: September 21, 2011, 01:38:32 PM »
by CNSCasey

No.  Denied.

Wow doom amazing point, I didn't think about it in those terms.  Thanks as always for contributing so much to the conversation.  Do you have any tips on basement remodeling as well?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13965 on: September 21, 2011, 01:41:25 PM »
texas is a selfcenteredbethwhore

They shouldn't be self-centered?  Also worth pointing out that everything they have done to acquire more money for themselves was completely approved by the membership of the Big 12 Conference.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13966 on: September 21, 2011, 01:42:26 PM »
by CNSCasey

No.  Denied.

Wow doom amazing point, I didn't think about it in those terms.  Thanks as always for contributing so much to the conversation.  Do you have any tips on basement remodeling as well?

Make sure the drafting desks go with the log paneling.   :kstategrad:
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13967 on: September 21, 2011, 01:44:49 PM »
Seriously, how amazing would the conference tourney be with Louisville and West Virginia in the fold.  Damn.

I want BYU and Louisville no matter what the scenario may be.  WVU would be great, but the travel.

I guess, in terms of footprint, BYU, Louisville, and WVU would be our best bet.  Logistically, BYU, Louisville, and TCU make the most sense.
What's wrong with Boise State.  65,000 seat stadium and currently ranked #4.  :kstategrad:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 03:14:10 PM by Katdaddy »

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #13968 on: September 21, 2011, 01:47:21 PM »
Texas tried to put high school games on their network.  Don't tell me they didn't (re)start all this crap.  

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13969 on: September 21, 2011, 01:47:41 PM »
I think you're adding about 31,000 seats to their stadium there Katdaddy.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13971 on: September 21, 2011, 02:02:51 PM »
you'd have to be Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) not to want aTm back
A school with over 2 mil in viewership...yea sure would be stupid to not want them back.  Commom sense always prevails.  :cheers:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13972 on: September 21, 2011, 02:05:17 PM »
Seriously, how amazing would the conference tourney be with Louisville and West Virginia in the fold.  Damn.

I want BYU and Louisville no matter what the scenario may be.  WVU would be great, but the travel.

I guess, in terms of footprint, BYU, Louisville, and WVU would be our best bet.  Logistically, BYU, Louisville, and TCU make the most sense.
What's wrong with Boise State.  65,000 seat stadium and currently ranked #4.  :kstategrad:

35,000 not 65,000

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #13973 on: September 21, 2011, 02:07:08 PM »

What's wrong with Boise State.  65,000 seat stadium and currently ranked #4.  :kstategrad:

35,000 not 65,000

There are current plans to expand past 50k.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13974 on: September 21, 2011, 02:10:49 PM »

What's wrong with Boise State.  65,000 seat stadium and currently ranked #4.  :kstategrad:

35,000 not 65,000

There are current plans to expand past 50k.

In late August 2010, new expansion plans were revealed for Bronco Stadium. The first stages will include adding a new facility to the north endzone, which will house the football offices, weight room, training room, equipment room and locker room. This would also include a 13,200 seat grandstand. The later stages of the expansion plan include: removing the track, lowering the field, and adding 3,300 seats in front of the first deck of the stadium; completing the south endzone horseshoe; building an east side skybox; and renovating the east side concourse. The expansions may be divided up into as many as six phases. The total cost for all planned expansions is around $100 million. The total seating capacity for a fully expanded Bronco Stadium is estimated to be around 53,000. The Boise State athletic director aims to have the north endzone complex open in time for the 2013 season.
-- wikipedia