Author Topic: Vandy. It is time for big revenge. I'll take our chances!  (Read 12982 times)

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
Re: Vandy. It is time for big revenge. I'll take our chances!
« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2018, 03:27:12 PM »
Baylor outrebounded us last night 37 to 19. Granted, 15 of their rebounds were oboards to our 2 but that's pretty f'ing terrible, no?

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2018, 03:38:28 PM »
Baylor outrebounded us last night 37 to 19. Granted, 15 of their rebounds were oboards to our 2 but that's pretty f'ing terrible, no?

Is there a metric that balances out lack of offensive rebounds when you are shooting a high percentage?

This also might be me tucking my shirt in tight, but I have visibly noticed a greater effort to get to the boards in the lest few weeks. The effort is there, we just sometimes are dealing with unlucky bounces away from our rebounders. I'd also think that taking shots earlier in the shot clock might correlate to lower rebound numbers because the defense hasn't had to do much if any complicated rotations.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2018, 03:40:23 PM »

Is there a metric that balances out lack of offensive rebounds when you are shooting a high percentage?

This also might be me tucking my shirt in tight, but I have visibly noticed a greater effort to get to the boards in the lest few weeks. The effort is there, we just sometimes are dealing with unlucky bounces away from our rebounders. I'd also think that taking shots earlier in the shot clock might correlate to lower rebound numbers because the defense hasn't had to do much if any complicated rotations.

You're going to need to get that shirt surgically tucked in, this team is awful at getting on the boards.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2018, 03:44:20 PM »
We only out-rebounded Baylor 17-15 on shots they took. That stat should embarrass this team.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2018, 03:46:43 PM »
Also, Yard Dog, rebounding percentage takes into account good shooting and poor shooting. It calculates how often you get a rebound when there's one to be had. And we're god awful. Next to last in the league. KU is last somehow, but that won't continue. We'll finish last in the conference, guaranteed.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2018, 03:58:38 PM »

Watching the game yesterday, and a few others recently, I feel like there seems to be some merit to that. I never really felt once we were just being so completely out rebounded or that we weren't trying. We did have a few times around the rim where we were not getting boards but the way we play I don't ever seeing us so bunched near the rim that we get a ton of oboard chances, like 4 of our guys spend most of the possession outside the arc, and we either do a quick pass on the inside for an easy layup, or The Flush makes a sweet ass move to the rim, we spend some much time away from the rim that we don't really position ourselves well for rebounds, at least on offense.

At least the Baylor game specifically, their o-rebounding edge didnt bother me that much, we did a decent job of getting them to turnover the ball
(15 TO to our 10, and most of those were real turnovers to fast breaks, not stupid offensive fouls) and our defensive rebounds were 18, to their offense rebounds of 14. So we did a decent job when on defense.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 23, 2018, 04:25:03 PM »
oscar has completely reinvented the game.  just shoot lights out every night and suck at defense and rebounding.  I can’t believe no one has ever thought of this strategy before.  we’re lucky to have oscar.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2018, 04:27:58 PM »
oscar has completely reinvented the game.  just shoot lights out every night and suck at defense and rebounding.  I can’t believe no one has ever thought of this strategy before.  we’re lucky to have oscar.

I knew you would finally come around.  Hopefully Gene hammers out a long term extension for oscar and we can sustain this momentum for years to come!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2018, 05:48:28 PM »
There is no debate, we suck at rebounding. No metric can mask that. Shooting, not turning it over, and getting to the FT line are all excellent so far though.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 23, 2018, 06:03:53 PM »
sucking on the d boards is something you can overcome.  sucking on the oglass is basically a death sentence to sustained success
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best