Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3146512 times)

Offline bws

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #13050 on: August 27, 2015, 10:24:48 AM »
 From Fox Sports preview..ouch

HOW MANY GAMES DOES KANSAS WIN?
--oscar Feldman: One, and it won't be an FBS win, but David Beaty took over the bleakest situation in major college football in years.
--Stewart Mandel: One. And that's the first game against South Dakota State. Thanks a lot, Charlie.
--Joel Klatt: One. I like David Beaty, but I can't remember a Power 5 team in such bad shape. ... Oh wait -- Colorado was really bad.
--Clay Travis: Zero. If they don't beat South Dakota State, which I don't think they will, they go 0-12.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/usc-trojans-baylor-bears-steve-sarkisian-ohio-state-buckeyes-braxton-miller-texas-082615

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13051 on: August 27, 2015, 11:18:52 AM »
What ever does happen, the examination of Beatty's ability can't even begin until year 3 or 4, and then he needs at least a 4 yr cycle to see what he can do.  3-4 yrs to overcome the pile he inherited and another 4 yr recruiting cycle to get in his guys that aren't gun shy of the prior sitch.

I am seeing at least 7 yrs and two contracts before Beatty should be looked at too hard.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13052 on: August 27, 2015, 11:54:17 AM »
What ever does happen, the examination of Beatty's ability can't even begin until year 3 or 4, and then he needs at least a 4 yr cycle to see what he can do.  3-4 yrs to overcome the pile he inherited and another 4 yr recruiting cycle to get in his guys that aren't gun shy of the prior sitch.

I am seeing at least 7 yrs and two contracts before Beatty should be looked at too hard.

Overall I'd say that's a fair assessment. Any person, ku fan or no should not be jumpy with the way the next few seasons go. At least realistically, but the phog would have me believe that ku fans are anything but realistic.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13053 on: August 27, 2015, 04:20:24 PM »
Can you believe those losers over on Phog are actually buying the idea that the SEC wants them along with OU? I mean, OU is a real possibility, but KU....come one  :ROFL:

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #13054 on: August 27, 2015, 04:35:26 PM »
Can you believe those losers over on Phog are actually buying the idea that the SEC wants them along with OU? I mean, OU is a real possibility, but KU....come one  :ROFL:
I can't imagine wanting to go to any other conference, unless no other option obviously.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13055 on: August 27, 2015, 04:39:48 PM »
The Bowl Alliance was a mess. They did not include the Big 10 and Pac 10, Not sure why they even started it.
I wonder what game K-st fans think their biggest win under Snyder was. For KU it was the BCS bowl.

:D

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13056 on: August 27, 2015, 05:02:16 PM »
These the same dudes that say they were told the SEC would pay for their new stadium as part of this deal too? They seemed to be pretty ITK.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13058 on: August 27, 2015, 09:00:52 PM »

Please see UConn as an example of what conference basketball only schools end up in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13059 on: August 28, 2015, 10:56:01 AM »

Please see UConn as an example of what conference basketball only schools end up in.

What about Kentucky?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13060 on: August 28, 2015, 10:56:17 AM »

Their football team would be the worst ever and Kentucky would beat their ass in basketball on the reg.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13061 on: August 28, 2015, 11:33:36 AM »

Their football team would be the worst ever and Kentucky would beat their ass in basketball on the reg.
Jayhawks in the slaver league. Doesn't sound plausible.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13062 on: August 28, 2015, 11:36:13 AM »
Whats more likely is that an SEC school will just recruit Bill Self, pay him a KSUGRAD type salary, and get the only good thing about the school without having to take the smelly school. 

I mean, if the SEC is even interested in anything KU related, that is.   Which they aren't. 

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #13063 on: August 28, 2015, 11:52:14 AM »

Overall I'd say that's a fair assessment. Any person, ku fan or no should not be jumpy with the way the next few seasons go. At least realistically, but the phog would have me believe that ku fans are anything but realistic.

Most of my highly optimistic, non-idiot KU fan friends is that Beatty, best case scenario, wins three games.  They also believes he needs at least four years.

However, I keep telling them that their best case scenario is two wins, and they need to give him at least six years.  At the very least, he needs to rebuild the roster and have some continuity.  We're barely removed from a time period where a redshirt SR could have played for three head coaches in his career.  I mean that's insane.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13064 on: August 28, 2015, 11:59:45 AM »

We're barely removed from a time period where a redshirt SR could have played for three head coaches in his career.  I mean that's insane.

Yeah, and the solution isn't to keep running through coaches every 2 yrs.  Eventually, they have to stick with someone for a good 5-6 yrs or shut down shop. 

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13065 on: August 28, 2015, 01:32:13 PM »

What about Kentucky?
They are already in the SEC so they don't have to worry. But if they weren't, do you think they would be looked at seriously?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13066 on: August 28, 2015, 02:24:52 PM »
Beety is white and very creepy.  Perfect fit at KU

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13067 on: August 28, 2015, 02:31:44 PM »
Beety is white and very creepy.  Perfect fit at KU
i like the pellini in him

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13068 on: August 28, 2015, 02:52:32 PM »
From Fox Sports preview..ouch

HOW MANY GAMES DOES KANSAS WIN?
--oscar Feldman: One, and it won't be an FBS win, but David Beaty took over the bleakest situation in major college football in years.
--Stewart Mandel: One. And that's the first game against South Dakota State. Thanks a lot, Charlie.
--Joel Klatt: One. I like David Beaty, but I can't remember a Power 5 team in such bad shape. ... Oh wait -- Colorado was really bad.
--Clay Travis: Zero. If they don't beat South Dakota State, which I don't think they will, they go 0-12.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/usc-trojans-baylor-bears-steve-sarkisian-ohio-state-buckeyes-braxton-miller-texas-082615

Pretty sure that bolded line got said a lot by the media when Weis and Gill were about to start their first seasons.  :frown:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13069 on: August 28, 2015, 03:09:38 PM »

What about Kentucky?
They are already in the SEC so they don't have to worry. But if they weren't, do you think they would be looked at seriously?

Of course they would
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13070 on: August 28, 2015, 09:49:25 PM »
a former mangino player tried to get me high on cocaine powders at the cosmo a couple weeks ago

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13071 on: August 28, 2015, 09:57:55 PM »
a former mangino player tried to get me high on cocaine powders at the cosmo a couple weeks ago

Just how short is Reesing 5'8" 5'9"?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13072 on: August 28, 2015, 09:58:10 PM »

jake sharp :frown:
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13073 on: August 29, 2015, 04:27:51 PM »
You definitely should have partaken. Just for a well rounded story. Not cause coke is a lot of fun.

Offline gE_Temp

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13074 on: August 30, 2015, 04:45:13 PM »