Author Topic: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread  (Read 289485 times)

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
Re: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread
« Reply #1675 on: September 14, 2015, 07:49:25 PM »
I've seen several pieces talking about H-ertz being a setback, and I didn't know whether there was really something to that or if it was just lazy writing. I pretty much assume that these writers know more about football than I do, but also that they're generally lazy hacks, so not sure where to come down on this one.

It's lazy. I am curious to see what our offense would look with Ertz, but then again, both QBs had little experience and probably little actually separated them. It's weird how the media acts like we lost a super stud 2 year starter and he's being replaced by a nobody. It's not even remotely that case.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: September 14, 2015, 10:04:25 PM »
I've seen several pieces talking about H-ertz being a setback, and I didn't know whether there was really something to that or if it was just lazy writing. I pretty much assume that these writers know more about football than I do, but also that they're generally lazy hacks, so not sure where to come down on this one.

It's lazy. I am curious to see what our offense would look with Ertz, but then again, both QBs had little experience and probably little actually separated them. It's weird how the media acts like we lost a super stud 2 year starter and he's being replaced by a nobody. It's not even remotely that case.

Right.  Despite not starting before last week, Hubner had more in game experience than Ertz and looked (marginally) better in the spring game.  Although I believe the reports that were coming out of camp, there was literally no on-the-field proof that Ertz was the better option.  I assume Ertz is taking a medical redshirt this year, so it will be interesting to see if he can come back and start next year or if Delton will eclipse him by then. 

Then again, who knows.  Next year we might be talking about Hubner's heisman chances rather than who the starting QB could be.  :Wha:

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: September 15, 2015, 09:31:30 AM »

Right.  Despite not starting before last week, Hubner had more in game experience than Ertz and looked (marginally) better in the spring game.  Although I believe the reports that were coming out of camp, there was literally no on-the-field proof that Ertz was the better option.  I assume Ertz is taking a medical redshirt this year, so it will be interesting to see if he can come back and start next year or if Delton will eclipse him by then. 

Then again, who knows.  Next year we might be talking about Hubner's heisman chances rather than who the starting QB could be.  :Wha:

I don't think you can get a medical redshirt after you've already had a redshirt season. He'll just be a junior next year, anyway.

Online bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: September 15, 2015, 09:40:20 AM »

I don't think you can get a medical redshirt after you've already had a redshirt season. He'll just be a junior next year, anyway.

Actually, you can.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: September 15, 2015, 10:32:02 AM »

Lazy.  No one knows anything bout Ertz.  Even Bill at this point. 

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: September 15, 2015, 10:34:49 AM »
I am wondering if Bazooka will declare after this year. Will probably start a thread about it after we get to 5-0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: September 15, 2015, 10:36:20 AM »
If we go 5-0, he should award himself the Heisman in a post game interview and tell the lower NFL teams to start losing out right now.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: September 15, 2015, 10:56:04 AM »

Actually, you can.

would be pretty funny when our starting qb has been here six years and is already in his second year of vet med and is starting to see patients. "hi mrs snyder, what seems to be the problem with scrappy today? oh also, can you tell your husband that i'll be ten minutes late to practice because i have cadaver duty today?"

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: September 15, 2015, 12:11:04 PM »

If we go 5-0, he should award himself the Heisman in a post game interview and tell the lower NFL teams to start losing out right now.

How elite would that be. :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: September 15, 2015, 12:30:11 PM »

Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: September 15, 2015, 12:35:19 PM »
red shirt rules continue to frustrate the masses worse than proper comma usage does to fanning

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: September 15, 2015, 10:15:31 PM »
Redshirt? Medical Redshirt?  I don't care what you call it, Ertz should not beam down to that alien planet, its not safe.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: September 15, 2015, 11:37:07 PM »
Redshirt? Medical Redshirt?  I don't care what you call it, Ertz should not beam down to that alien planet, its not safe.

A yeoman's gotta do what a yeoman's gotta do.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: September 16, 2015, 12:07:09 AM »

A yeoman's gotta do what a yeoman's gotta do.

Work, son?

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: September 18, 2015, 09:10:35 AM »

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: September 18, 2015, 11:23:23 AM »
I am not sure why, maybe I'm too much of a homer? But, Kellis's responses irk me.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sports/on-the-sidelines/2015/09/17/five-questions-ksu-beat-writer-kellis-robinett/32554323/

They probably irk the other team as well.  "K-State kind of sucks, but they're probably better than your team."

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: September 18, 2015, 11:28:37 AM »
I am not sure why, maybe I'm too much of a homer? But, Kellis's responses irk me.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sports/on-the-sidelines/2015/09/17/five-questions-ksu-beat-writer-kellis-robinett/32554323/

He wants the ass kicking to be a surprise.  It's funnier if they think they have a chance.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: September 18, 2015, 12:02:41 PM »

which parts?  seemed pretty spot-on to me. 

Offline purplehaze

• Combo-Fan
  • #RP4POTUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: September 18, 2015, 12:04:37 PM »

He wants the ass kicking to be a surprise.  It's funnier if they think they have a chance.
Under promise,  over deliver.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: September 18, 2015, 12:13:25 PM »
He picked the Cats 35-17. Seems about right. Hopefully he's spotting the Dawgs a few too many points.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: September 18, 2015, 12:28:10 PM »
http://www.todaysu.com/c-usa/louisiana-tech-football-bulldogs-capable-upsetting-kansas-state/

With an inexperienced signal-caller for the Wildcats, I’m fully convinced that the secondary unit—especially standout defensive back Xavier Woods—can weather the storm, as it’ll practically be a massive step down from Western Kentucky’s receiving corps.

Nobody calls our shitty wide receivers shitty except us!  :shakesfist:
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: September 18, 2015, 12:51:07 PM »

which parts?  seemed pretty spot-on to me.

I can't say I disagreed with much either. :dunno:

But why are people still talking like UTSA is a crappy team? They played two quality P-5 opponents, lit one up and almost pulled off the upset, and kept the game competitive with the other for 3 quarters.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: May 09, 2016, 09:58:20 AM »
http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/111935/big-12-post-spring-position-rankings-qb-2

I mean, fair. But, still, we will probably not have the 9th best QB in the league this year unless everyone is hurt and Hubener plays again.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1698 on: May 09, 2016, 10:31:38 AM »
Wow, true freshman at #1 behind Mahomes and Russell. That's rough ridin' stupid. I don't get the Rudolph comment, either.

Also, lol at the UT qb not being dead last.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: May 09, 2016, 10:54:01 AM »
Wow, true freshman at #1 behind Mahomes and Russell. That's rough ridin' stupid. I don't get the Rudolph comment, either.

Also, lol at the UT qb not being dead last.

Who is the true frosh behind Russell? Stidham will push him for starter.