Author Topic: Volleyball  (Read 148738 times)

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Volleyball
« Reply #750 on: September 07, 2018, 06:44:07 PM »
Lady Cats looking good so far this season.  Enjoying being able to watch on television.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 08, 2018, 11:17:52 PM »
 :thumbs:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 09, 2018, 12:13:41 PM »
They're okay, I'm worried about the passing and setting.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 11, 2018, 04:07:18 PM »
I was thinking that in a couple of matches, especially sets between Dixon and Zumach. But I think that will get better with time. I think that Dixon will be a really good setter. I am looking forward to Big 12 play.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 11, 2018, 07:24:40 PM »
I agree, and I'm glad we ditched that God awful 6-2 offense.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 11, 2018, 11:02:50 PM »
Another win!  :ksu:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 21, 2018, 01:43:33 PM »

Are you going to attend a vb match this season? If so, lemme know when and I'll try to join. I haven't been to a match since I left MHK a few years ago.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: September 22, 2018, 11:27:34 AM »
 Great job getting swept by OU ladies... :Yuck:
Dax fan club member!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: September 26, 2018, 03:55:37 PM »

Are you going to attend a vb match this season? If so, lemme know when and I'll try to join. I haven't been to a match since I left MHK a few years ago.

Gonna be tough, if I do, I'll definitely hit you up.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: September 26, 2018, 07:52:20 PM »
The only real question I have in my mind is does Susie see the inside of that new VB arena has a head coach of the KSU Lady Cats?   I understand that's the next thing on the list after the soccer/baseball/track work is done.

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 26, 2018, 10:32:53 PM »
They had a really good non con but the last two matches have been terrible.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: September 27, 2018, 09:47:00 AM »

gotta work hard to manage staying on the  bubble, it's all about getting that (small) cup of coffee in the ncaa's

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: September 27, 2018, 11:31:11 AM »

gotta work hard to manage staying on the  bubble, it's all about getting that (small) cup of coffee in the ncaa's

clams has nailed the Susie Secret.  Sneak in to the tourney every few years, get absolutely demolished by a better team and then take a few years off

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: September 28, 2018, 12:53:15 AM »
The only real question I have in my mind is does Susie see the inside of that new VB arena has a head coach of the KSU Lady Cats?   I understand that's the next thing on the list after the soccer/baseball/track work is done.

Considering her boss is on record discussing the trouble she has recruiting to a 68 year old building with a flooding problem, I'm guessing she's very safe.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 28, 2018, 08:54:25 AM »

Considering her boss is on record discussing the trouble she has recruiting to a 68 year old building with a flooding problem, I'm guessing she's very safe.

I've heard that she does not want to play in the Octagon despite the urging of almost everyone so I find it hard to give her a pass on that.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: September 28, 2018, 12:35:17 PM »

I've heard that she does not want to play in the Octagon despite the urging of almost everyone so I find it hard to give her a pass on that.

She doesn't want to play there because it's a 12,000 seat basketball arena with no locker and training facilities that they can call their own and they would spend over half of the season having to share court time. That situation isn't any better, less flooding, more facility sharing. With either the Ahearn or the Bramlage set up K-State volleyball has the worst facilities by far in the Big 12. I know a couple of coaches on the Iowa State staff and they hate playing in Hilton despite them having very good and permanent facilities. If you've ever seen a match at a dedicated volleyball facility there is a discernable difference. Frankly, it's ridiculous that people have the expectation that volleyball teams play in facilities built for other sports. How many college baseball teams play in multi use facilities?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: September 28, 2018, 02:13:52 PM »
K-State overall athletic track record is still a roller coaster ride even when the facilities get newer and nicer.

So the question is absolutely applicable here.

Volleyball is played in venues also used for basketball in thousands of places across the country.

The facility crutch only goes so far, V-Ball has remodeled dressing rooms which are easily the nicest of any non-revenue sport at K-State.   V-Ball has the nicest offices of any non revenue sport at K-State, that's the old men's basketball offices and they've been remodeled.   Ahearn is not optimal, but it has both game day court and practice courts.   So while I'm all for a new VB arena, I have my doubts that it will lift the boat all that much under current leadership.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 02:21:47 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: September 28, 2018, 02:30:48 PM »
Where do most D1 P5 volleyball teams play?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 29, 2018, 09:51:27 AM »

Stay on point.  She has a great excuse for being legitimately below average

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 29, 2018, 10:19:04 AM »

Nationwide it's about 50/50 in the Big 12 KU, OU, Texas, and TCU have their own facilities. You want a damming indictment on how we've neglected volleyball compared to their peers. Look at this link. Look at when this was built and how much it cost. People mock ku football, we've been light years behind ku volleyball facilities for twenty years and this is when K-State was an absolute machine and ku was simply awful.

https://kuathletics.com/sports/2013/6/27/facilities-horejsi-family-athletics-center.aspx?id=198

And despite what dax says about volleyball having the nicest non revenue locker room, that simply isn't true. Their comps are baseball, women's basketball, and soccer and all three of those have new facilities or will have them very soon. Soccer is going to lap volleyball and they've been here for 15 minutes. Even rowing has their facility, rowing! The basement of Ahearn flooded this month.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: September 29, 2018, 01:11:17 PM »
our football recruiting would go crazy if we would just spend a dime on facilities

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 30, 2018, 10:16:27 AM »
The new soccer stadium is going to be pretty nice, but it ain't gonna lap anybody.   Just a nice solid facility with a nice dressing room and players lounge and some offices with a little rinky dink weightroom.   Again, solid, good enough, lapping no one.   

V-Ball now 0-4 and I'm holding Ahearn Fieldhouse personally responsible.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 30, 2018, 10:25:45 AM »
How much does she make?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent