Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3989681 times)

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #16975 on: June 02, 2015, 09:27:02 PM »
It stresses me out that we spent 75 million on this thing.

Baylor built their whole damn stadium for 260.

Oh, to be sure, 75 million for that is outrageously wasteful. 75 million dollars! The people who spent that are major rough ridin' assholes.

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16976 on: June 02, 2015, 09:45:44 PM »
Next year, once they finish the NE corner it's going to look glorious!

You mean, "in a few years" when they finish this thing...

Have they announced changes to the original plan that I'm not aware of?

Only what Currie said in today's email about not starting until it's fiscally responsible to do so. Since the NE corner is non-revenue producing, that means all (or most) of the funds will need to be raised upfront, and I think we're getting tapped out for big projects right now.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #16977 on: June 02, 2015, 09:46:50 PM »
I really wish this was the Carl and Mary Ice Family Wabash Landing.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16978 on: June 03, 2015, 12:15:49 AM »
I think it will end up fine

I guess the stadium as a whole is just a few minor projects away from being pretty decent, it just feels like we're going to K-Stateo the crap out of it and not do those minor* projects.

*possibly major projects, I dunno

Yeah, because if there's one thing we learned from the BTF and the WSC is that we're going to K-State0 the crap out of it and make it look really stupid.

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16979 on: June 03, 2015, 08:06:27 AM »

Next year, once they finish the NE corner it's going to look glorious!

You mean, "in a few years" when they finish this thing...

Have they announced changes to the original plan that I'm not aware of?

Only what Currie said in today's email about not starting until it's fiscally responsible to do so. Since the NE corner is non-revenue producing, that means all (or most) of the funds will need to be raised upfront, and I think we're getting tapped out for big projects right now.
How long do you think the Big 12 is going to let us go with "temporary" locker rooms for opponents and officials?  Currie constantly throws that crap out there to scare up more money. It will be done for 2016.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16980 on: June 03, 2015, 08:27:38 AM »
maybe we should ask the other Big 12 schools for donations, otherwise they can change on the bus

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #16981 on: June 03, 2015, 08:33:17 AM »
We can rent ku's gypsy tents for opposing teams to dress in. KU can use the rental income for another huge capital project, like installing "free tickets at taco johns" signs on their brand spanking new fence.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #16982 on: June 03, 2015, 08:43:17 AM »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #16983 on: June 03, 2015, 08:49:59 AM »
 :love:

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16984 on: June 03, 2015, 09:17:08 AM »
So during the game will Vanier 2.0 hydraulically lift itself up and walk away? Is this something we need to worry about? Also raises the question, is JC actually Darth Vader? The Animal actually the Sith Lord?

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16985 on: June 03, 2015, 09:38:27 AM »
Bye, Geordi. Hello, AT-AT.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16986 on: June 03, 2015, 09:59:49 AM »

Completely agree.

We're what, 160-170 million into these renovations (I'm counting the NE corner in that)? And it looks terrible. The good thing is, after completion of the NE corner, it'll only take a couple million more to make the stadium as a whole look pretty damn decent (new turf, all the way to a limestone wall, somehow rid of the HOD, new south videoboard). That would just leave the east side to be redone and Cats U could have a pretty elite stadium.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16987 on: June 03, 2015, 10:02:33 AM »
I think it will end up fine

I guess the stadium as a whole is just a few minor projects away from being pretty decent, it just feels like we're going to K-Stateo the crap out of it and not do those minor* projects.

*possibly major projects, I dunno

Yeah, because if there's one thing we learned from the BTF and the WSC is that we're going to K-State0 the crap out of it and make it look really stupid.

Each project by itself is great, how they tie together as a whole is complete garbage right now. (not really including the BTF in that)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16988 on: June 03, 2015, 10:30:18 AM »
We have really nice things fellas.

Doing all that aesthetic stuff on the East side is going to be quite expensive.  Frankly to get more utility out of it, I would prefer that a new indoor facility be incorporated into the new East side if and when that happens.    A new indoor facility on that side could be used on game days to host thousands of people in pre-game festivities. 

But again, we'll now have a facility for our players that on a scale of 1A being Oregon, will be 1B with a select few others.   Be happy.   Let's be honest, in terms of logistical movement of an entire football team and amenities, it will be the best facility in the Big 12, easily.    The only facility that will surpass it, will be when OU incorporates a bunch of new stuff into the Barry Switzer Center when they do their renovations.   Vanier 2.0 dwarfs the Anderson Football Center at KU, the new facility at Iowa State, the new facility at Baylor, and everyone else.  OSU's facilities are plush, but they're incorporated into BPS infrastructure, and it doesn't have the same feel as Vanier 2.0. 

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16989 on: June 03, 2015, 10:32:19 AM »
Currie said the NE corner will contain the away locker room. Do the opposing players have to change on the buses this year or what?
@Trogdor_gE

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16990 on: June 03, 2015, 10:48:44 AM »

#VinylBricks tho

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #16991 on: June 03, 2015, 11:01:02 AM »
We have really nice things fellas.

Doing all that aesthetic stuff on the East side is going to be quite expensive.  Frankly to get more utility out of it, I would prefer that a new indoor facility be incorporated into the new East side if and when that happens.    A new indoor facility on that side could be used on game days to host thousands of people in pre-game festivities. 

But again, we'll now have a facility for our players that on a scale of 1A being Oregon, will be 1B with a select few others.   Be happy.   Let's be honest, in terms of logistical movement of an entire football team and amenities, it will be the best facility in the Big 12, easily.    The only facility that will surpass it, will be when OU incorporates a bunch of new stuff into the Barry Switzer Center when they do their renovations.   Vanier 2.0 dwarfs the Anderson Football Center at KU, the new facility at Iowa State, the new facility at Baylor, and everyone else.  OSU's facilities are plush, but they're incorporated into BPS infrastructure, and it doesn't have the same feel as Vanier 2.0.

they're just being dorks. it's going to be great and everyone here knows it.
emaw

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16992 on: June 03, 2015, 11:21:23 AM »
Don't get me wrong. I'm a fan of Hilary and always hope they love it rather than list it. But damn, girl. You just spent $1,500 on a bathroom sink and faucet. That's mumped up.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #16993 on: June 03, 2015, 11:26:56 AM »
i hate the scripted arguments. canadien normos are typically horrible actors

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #16994 on: June 03, 2015, 11:27:45 AM »
i hate the scripted arguments. canadien normos are typically horrible actors

i enjoy how they park 3 blocks away so they can walk away bitching while they film them from half a mile away.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #16995 on: June 03, 2015, 11:32:21 AM »
its like, after the 50th consecutive time, maybe hilary should be budgeting for that beam.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16996 on: June 03, 2015, 11:32:00 PM »
Not gonna lie - I wish we had gotten a little more castle and a little less AT-AT on the field side. Looks a little too 70s concrete office building on that side, but I know it's not done.

But damn that rake and terraces are sexy! :love:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16997 on: June 04, 2015, 05:25:57 PM »
Not gonna lie - I wish we had gotten a little more castle and a little less AT-AT on the field side. Looks a little too 70s concrete office building on that side, but I know it's not done.

But damn that rake and terraces are sexy! :love:
That's why God gave us local limestone quarries, so we can slap some native stone on that bad boy.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #16998 on: June 04, 2015, 08:27:16 PM »
Yeah, but the diagonal-ness of the building (near the back of the end zone) will still be there and will still be an odd choice.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16999 on: June 04, 2015, 09:59:43 PM »
Yeah, but the diagonal-ness of the building (near the back of the end zone) will still be there and will still be an odd choice.
just what in the eff