Author Topic: Rain check  (Read 10903 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Rain check
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2016, 12:50:10 AM »
If it were Currie's decision we wouldn't have had to wait an hour through halftime because looking at the radar it was obvious that we would be waiting at least 90 minutes to play again, and why bother.

I can tell you what decision the athletic department did make, they pulled the band off of the field literally mid-song. They were playing the Wabash Cannonball on the field, during halftime and Casey Scott sprinted to some dude standing underneath Dr. Tracz and he made the cut/throat slash signal and Tracz literally stopped them in the middle of the Wabash Cannonball and pointed for them to immediately run off of the field.

Yeah I was watching the feed at that point.  I'm gonna stand that Currie made the final decision, because he ultimately did.  Technicalities matter in this instance because coaches may have had the call, but boss approval matters.

Also if you are staying in MHK tonight I'd be glad to voice my opinion more over a beverage.

So you're going to stand your ground that Currie made the final decision even though he said he didn't make the final decision. Cool. Got it.

The Big Train

« Reply #151 on: September 25, 2016, 12:52:32 AM »
Currie is known nationwide to be an honest guy(:flush:) so yeah, I am.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 25, 2016, 02:38:47 AM »
Weird thing to argue about.  If Currie wanted to play and Bill didn't what is he going to do, make the team take the field without coaches?  On the other side I could totally see Currie ending a game, even if Bill was protesting or saying to wait longer.  JC probably has the stadium lights master switch in his office with a penny counter on how much money is being spent to have those lights on. 

More importantly, they athletic department NEVER should have allowed the band on the field.  Right before the field goal attempt there was a lighting strike well within the 10 mile radius of the stadium.  I thought they were slow playing calling it to finish the half and we would see an immediate weather hold. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 25, 2016, 05:39:36 AM »
Slim, you still here?
crap sorry man. Went and grabbed a beer and the bike cop told us no way that we were going back in before midnight so we went to town

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 25, 2016, 09:13:21 AM »
Someone tell the students that 'pretending to row because it rained' is the IRL fanning post