Author Topic: Hilarious Things At Your Office  (Read 220955 times)

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Hilarious Things At Your Office
« Reply #1725 on: January 26, 2018, 09:56:25 AM »
MAGA hat being worn.*

*Not an employee

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: January 26, 2018, 05:30:57 PM »

Fun stuff, but worst bags board (and nylon sand filled bags ever)

:adios:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: January 26, 2018, 05:45:57 PM »
 :thumbs: Should go in the awesome things at work thread.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: January 26, 2018, 06:42:34 PM »

A bunch of engineers and a perfect Jenga game...

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: January 26, 2018, 06:54:52 PM »
jenga is the worst game because there are no winners and only a loser

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: January 26, 2018, 08:59:04 PM »
jenga is the worst game because there are no winners and only a loser
True, but fun at a bar when the loser is buying shots...

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: January 26, 2018, 09:00:19 PM »
That exposed wood structure is hot

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: January 27, 2018, 09:30:21 AM »
Being able to drink at work is when you've known you made it.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1733 on: January 27, 2018, 10:14:30 AM »
Being able to drink at work is when you've known you made it.
I was thinking the same thing. HR would lose their crap at big HVAC.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: January 27, 2018, 10:17:02 AM »
Our mobile bar cart they send around on Friday afternoon is the most "Thanks for dealing with our crap, enjoy your weekend, we appreciate you" thing I've ever experienced in my life and I love it.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: January 27, 2018, 01:00:02 PM »
not working is when you know you’ve made it

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: January 31, 2018, 04:56:55 PM »
Not hilarious. All these disease ridden people here finally got me sick. :frown:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: February 02, 2018, 01:18:33 PM »
The next get together is Saturday evening (well, excluding the bar tomorrow night, that is). It's an annual event. At someone's house. And it has a name. Beerfest.

I'd heard more than a couple mentions of Beerfest from more than a couple people at work over the past few months. So, in my mind, it was going to be maybe 8-10 people from work and their guests. You know just hanging out and laughing about work mostly. I got a clue it wasn't exactly going to be like that at happy hour the night before. I brought it up and and a girl remarked that I'd be getting to meet all of the sci-fi people, who are friends of Mr. Beerfest, husband of my coworker, Mrs. Beerfest. The girl says, "remember how Mrs. Beerfest was talking about the Six-Million Dollar Man lunch box the other day?"

So, my wife and I show up about an hour after the official start of Beerfest. We go in, say hi to Mrs. Beerfest, and I'm scanning all of the people in sight to see who I recognize. I'm not seeing anyone I know. Mrs. Beerfest shows us to the kitchen and where all the food is. I look around the kitchen and still don't recognize anyone. Then, Mrs. Beerfest says the beer is down in the basement and people are hanging out down there. So, I'm thinking "Aha! My coworkers are downstairs!" They were not. Not a damn one.

Instead, we said hi to Mr. Beerfest, who I'd met a couple times before. We immediately started talking about the impressive display of sci-fi memorabilia on the shelves that spanned the entire length of one wall. He picked up a stack of fake money that was used as a prop in an X-Files episode. He asked me if I remembered something, and I think it was the name of the X-Files episode, and I was just like, "no, I don't know what that is." Then he asked me about if I'd seen something that had a really obscure sounding name, like "Wyent" or something. The conversation ended pretty quickly after that. I then met a few of Mrs. Beerfest's relatives and then my wife and I headed back upstairs.

We got some food, and ended up sitting down at the kitchen table. There were like six people standing around and talking. This super tan, super blonde girl with boobs spilling out all over the place was telling a story about how some dental hygenist grabbed a dentist's ass at work and said, "sorry, I just couldn't help myself." She then told that exact same story like three more times to the exact same people. At some point, I noticed that I could see into the living room from where I was sitting. I saw Mrs. Beerfest's relatives in there. It looked like they were having some sort of family gathering or something. I looked a little closer and see that they're in there opening Christmas presents. At that point, I asked my wife if she was ready to go.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: February 02, 2018, 01:23:44 PM »
your coworkers really got you pretty good chum  :lol:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: February 02, 2018, 01:49:03 PM »
A stupid big check is how we tell our employees thanks for dealing.   Then an open tab at a local bar.  The in-house bar is for big shots only

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: February 02, 2018, 01:53:02 PM »
What a nightmare
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: February 02, 2018, 01:55:48 PM »
it's like when rob riggle convinced will ferrell to do a desk pop

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: February 02, 2018, 09:49:27 PM »
The next get together is Saturday evening (well, excluding the bar tomorrow night, that is). It's an annual event. At someone's house. And it has a name. Beerfest.

I'd heard more than a couple mentions of Beerfest from more than a couple people at work over the past few months. So, in my mind, it was going to be maybe 8-10 people from work and their guests. You know just hanging out and laughing about work mostly. I got a clue it wasn't exactly going to be like that at happy hour the night before. I brought it up and and a girl remarked that I'd be getting to meet all of the sci-fi people, who are friends of Mr. Beerfest, husband of my coworker, Mrs. Beerfest. The girl says, "remember how Mrs. Beerfest was talking about the Six-Million Dollar Man lunch box the other day?"

So, my wife and I show up about an hour after the official start of Beerfest. We go in, say hi to Mrs. Beerfest, and I'm scanning all of the people in sight to see who I recognize. I'm not seeing anyone I know. Mrs. Beerfest shows us to the kitchen and where all the food is. I look around the kitchen and still don't recognize anyone. Then, Mrs. Beerfest says the beer is down in the basement and people are hanging out down there. So, I'm thinking "Aha! My coworkers are downstairs!" They were not. Not a damn one.

Instead, we said hi to Mr. Beerfest, who I'd met a couple times before. We immediately started talking about the impressive display of sci-fi memorabilia on the shelves that spanned the entire length of one wall. He picked up a stack of fake money that was used as a prop in an X-Files episode. He asked me if I remembered something, and I think it was the name of the X-Files episode, and I was just like, "no, I don't know what that is." Then he asked me about if I'd seen something that had a really obscure sounding name, like "Wyent" or something. The conversation ended pretty quickly after that. I then met a few of Mrs. Beerfest's relatives and then my wife and I headed back upstairs.

We got some food, and ended up sitting down at the kitchen table. There were like six people standing around and talking. This super tan, super blonde girl with boobs spilling out all over the place was telling a story about how some dental hygenist grabbed a dentist's ass at work and said, "sorry, I just couldn't help myself." She then told that exact same story like three more times to the exact same people. At some point, I noticed that I could see into the living room from where I was sitting. I saw Mrs. Beerfest's relatives in there. It looked like they were having some sort of family gathering or something. I looked a little closer and see that they're in there opening Christmas presents. At that point, I asked my wife if she was ready to go.

This is why I keep coming back to this thread.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: February 03, 2018, 07:50:50 AM »
Chum's most recent story is the type of thing I would have never ever dared to even do in the first place.  I just rarely ever do outside of work work events anymore.  It's like this: I decide whether I think it sounds enjoyable, and if it sounds enjoyable I do it, but if it doesn't sound enjoyable I do not do it.  I am very lucky that I am at a place presently where I don't have to do any out-side-of-work sucking up anymore.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: February 03, 2018, 07:52:04 AM »
Chum's most recent story is the type of thing I would have never ever dared to even do in the first place.  I just rarely ever do outside of work work events anymore.  It's like this: I decide whether I think it sounds enjoyable, and if it sounds enjoyable I do it, but if it doesn't sound enjoyable I do not do it.  I am very lucky that I am at a place presently where I don't have to do any out-side-of-work sucking up anymore.

And "sucking up" isn't the right word.  I mean "relationship building."  I don't have to do that anymore, beyond the walls of the office.  It's a HUGE relief.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: February 03, 2018, 08:53:22 AM »
I was pounding beers the whole time and my wife and I had a good time. It was fun!

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: February 03, 2018, 10:00:24 AM »
This reminds me that one time we went to a work Christmas party at one of my wife's coworker's homes and everyone was settling in with drinks in the living room.  I was checking out the decor and looked up above the fireplace at the mantle and behind the garlands and Christmas stuff there was an oil painting of a bunch of forest nymphs with little fairy wings with big boobs frolicking around a stream.  Then I saw a 50+ teddy bear collection on the master bedroom bed when I went to get my coat.  Legit weird.

Also one of the coworkers husband's went and got certified/trained to be Santa Claus in L.A. and his wife dresses up like Mrs. Claus and they show up and it is pretty cool for the kids.  They also do old west quick draw shooting competitions and Chisholm Trail cattle drives and stuff.  So much better to have true weirdos as coworkers than normal, boring people.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: February 19, 2018, 03:54:40 PM »
So, President/COO Charlie Sheen door guy is gone as of 1/1/18. Seems like he and the the owner/CEO weren't seeing eye to eye. Since then, the other owner guy, Roy, who before was merely a silent partner, has moved into an office and has been, I don't know, doing stuff.

I'm not really sure how old Roy is. Retirement age. The first time I met him, he walked into my conference room office, said, "So, what is it you do around here," pulled up a chair, and sat down. I immediately thought, "OH crap," sat up striaght, and tried to make myself sound as important as possible. Then, he pulled out his phone and showed me live video streams from about 25 cameras in his brand new airplane hangar packed full of shiny airplanes ready for use in who knows what sort of commercial aviation endeavor. Then, he asked me if I knew anything about QuickBooks, adding that they were having some issues with it at the airport.

The next time I saw him, he pulled out his phone again. More airplane hangar live streams. After that, live streams of a couple hotel lobbies, bars, and restaurants. He explained how he had a camera on the point-of-sale touchscreen in order to monitor if customers were getting charged or comped for drinks. I understand that he also owns a strip club that he won in a poker game, but the streams he showed me were all G-rated. I told him to let me know if he still needed help with QuickBooks. He replied, "Okay! I'm not bashful!"

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: February 19, 2018, 04:21:23 PM »
So, President/COO Charlie Sheen door guy is gone as of 1/1/18. Seems like he and the the owner/CEO weren't seeing eye to eye. Since then, the other owner guy, Roy, who before was merely a silent partner, has moved into an office and has been, I don't know, doing stuff.

I'm not really sure how old Roy is. Retirement age. The first time I met him, he walked into my conference room office, said, "So, what is it you do around here," pulled up a chair, and sat down. I immediately thought, "OH crap," sat up striaght, and tried to make myself sound as important as possible. Then, he pulled out his phone and showed me live video streams from about 25 cameras in his brand new airplane hangar packed full of shiny airplanes ready for use in who knows what sort of commercial aviation endeavor. Then, he asked me if I knew anything about QuickBooks, adding that they were having some issues with it at the airport.

The next time I saw him, he pulled out his phone again. More airplane hangar live streams. After that, live streams of a couple hotel lobbies, bars, and restaurants. He explained how he had a camera on the point-of-sale touchscreen in order to monitor if customers were getting charged or comped for drinks. I understand that he also owns a strip club that he won in a poker game, but the streams he showed me were all G-rated. I told him to let me know if he still needed help with QuickBooks. He replied, "Okay! I'm not bashful!"

:lol:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: February 19, 2018, 06:32:45 PM »
I always get a kick out of when I attempt to just be nice and tell someone “let me know if I can assist” or whatever, and they make some big deal out of  “OH, I WILL LET YOU KNOW, I AM A BIG MOVER AND SHAKER AND BOSS MAN DONT DOUBT MY BOSSNESS” stupid crap.