Author Topic: Another school shooting  (Read 490645 times)

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: Another school shooting
« Reply #4725 on: February 22, 2018, 09:24:12 PM »
Great. Ban it and all other guns capable of mowing down 25 first graders in a matter of seconds.

Did you miss the part about the VT shooter?

Did you miss the part that no law is going to fix everything?

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4726 on: February 22, 2018, 09:47:19 PM »
What’s the point of having murder laws? It’s only going to stop law abiding citizens from murdering.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4727 on: February 22, 2018, 09:52:37 PM »
Great. Ban it and all other guns capable of mowing down 25 first graders in a matter of seconds.

Nope. Did you miss the part that banning AR-15s wouldn’t even help?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4728 on: February 22, 2018, 09:54:33 PM »

Nope. Did you miss the part that banning AR-15s wouldn’t even help?

I don't think anybody disagrees.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4729 on: February 22, 2018, 09:55:32 PM »
Here’s a pretty revealing article by a liberal. Essentially, liberal fear mongering tactics are all well and good if we’re using them for gun control, but we have to be careful not to let this get off course into addressing school safety or mental illness. Seriously, that is this author’s point.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/02/liberals-are-embracing-the-politics-of-fear-thats-scary.html
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: February 22, 2018, 10:05:15 PM »
Here’s a pretty revealing article by a liberal. Essentially, liberal fear mongering tactics are all well and good if we’re using them for gun control, but we have to be careful not to let this get off course into addressing school safety or mental illness. Seriously, that is this author’s point.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/02/liberals-are-embracing-the-politics-of-fear-thats-scary.html

DNR, but I would hardly call it scare tactics. There's no argument over what the cause to the problem is. The argument is more about how much we're willing to live with it.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4731 on: February 22, 2018, 10:23:48 PM »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: February 22, 2018, 10:31:43 PM »

i already posted that, you selfish son of a bitch.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #4733 on: February 22, 2018, 10:34:32 PM »

i already posted that, you selfish son of a bitch.

the only way to stop a bad guy with an NYMAG link is a good guy with an NYMAG link

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #4735 on: February 22, 2018, 10:46:43 PM »
he is getting fitted for his Bozo shoes by a bunch of 17 year-olds :lol:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4736 on: February 22, 2018, 10:55:29 PM »
https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/553937/

Doctor says ksw is a dumbass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #4737 on: February 22, 2018, 11:08:48 PM »

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #4738 on: February 22, 2018, 11:10:37 PM »
The analysis by John Donohue, a professor of law at Stanford, and Philip J. Cook at Duke University published Dec. 7 in Science reports some emerging consensus in the studies. Among the findings was that lifting restrictions on concealed carry guns increases violent crime and that laws restricting gun ownership for people convicted of domestic violence reduced killings of female domestic partners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CATO has like a thousand studies showing an inverse relationship between guns and violent crimes, ftr
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4739 on: February 23, 2018, 07:10:31 AM »
it drives me crazy when people dismiss/disparage the nra's influence as being about money. 

it's very convenient and intellectually dishonest for people opposed to this position to dismiss the nra as a lobbyist organization buying influence with money, because it intimates that the prevailing gun policy has somehow been achieved dishonestly or against the electorate's wishes.  however, that is not accurate.  the nra enjoys influence because a lot of americans believe very strongly that their right to possess firearms should not be infringed in any way and vote accordingly.  they have influence because our democracy functions as designed.

There seems to be quite a bit of divergence between the electorate and legislators (who also happen to diverge very little with the NRA). See poll numbers on things like background checks and assault weapons bans.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4740 on: February 23, 2018, 07:37:07 AM »
I really hate our hayseed, ignorant society in much of KS.  I wake up this morning to a post on my newsfeed of a picture of one of the advocating students during an interview with CBS.  The picture included a red arrow pointing to his headpiece and the hashtag #FactsFirst.  This guy is jumping on the conspiracy wagon and thinks this headpiece (worn to hear the network talk to him during interview) is instead a coaching device by Democratic lawmakers so he knows what to say.

Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: February 23, 2018, 08:27:02 AM »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: February 23, 2018, 09:27:35 AM »
https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/553937/

Doctor says ksw is a dumbass

If you actually read that article, you would quickly realize that (a) this is a medical doctor, not a gun expert, and (b) he was simply comparing bullets fired by an AR-15 to bullets fired by a pistol. I didn't say AR-15s were no different than pistols - I said they are not functionally more lethal than any number of other rifles readily available on the market. So is the solution to ban not just the AR-15 but all sport rifles? And how does that square with the fact that the worst school shooting in modern history, Virginia Tech, was accomplished not with a rifle at all, but a couple of pistols?

In short, the article you posted is irrelevant.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: February 23, 2018, 09:30:38 AM »
CNN scripted the whole town hall meeting, right down to one of the students being so clueless that they asked a question scripted for NRA spokeswoman Dana Loesch to the wrong person - Senator Bill Nelson.

When a student asked Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson a question that was intended for Loesch, Tapper immediately jumped in, exposing the event’s script had gone awry.

“Senator Nelson, you don’t have to answer that question,” Tapper said. “Let’s move on to the next question.”

http://thefederalist.com/2018/02/23/dana-loesch-heres-real-story-happened-cnns-garbage-town-hall/

Pure propaganda.

Online Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: February 23, 2018, 09:42:34 AM »

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: February 23, 2018, 09:45:11 AM »
CNN scripted the whole town hall meeting, right down to one of the students being so clueless that they asked a question scripted for NRA spokeswoman Dana Loesch to the wrong person - Senator Bill Nelson.

When a student asked Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson a question that was intended for Loesch, Tapper immediately jumped in, exposing the event’s script had gone awry.

“Senator Nelson, you don’t have to answer that question,” Tapper said. “Let’s move on to the next question.”

http://thefederalist.com/2018/02/23/dana-loesch-heres-real-story-happened-cnns-garbage-town-hall/

Pure propaganda.

:lol:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: February 23, 2018, 09:58:12 AM »
Scripted like this?

https://twitter.com/braddybb/status/966479968229183488

It’s difficult to judge the size of Trump’s hand in that pic without knowing how big the script is.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: February 23, 2018, 10:14:06 AM »
Trump doesn't wear a wedding ring?

Online Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: February 23, 2018, 10:15:31 AM »
I liked that he has 45 embroidered on his sleeve.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: February 23, 2018, 10:37:18 AM »
I totally missed that, but that is badass.