Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3982315 times)

Offline TheProdigiousTalent

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #19800 on: January 20, 2017, 01:29:20 AM »
That is a shitton of academic building in that second link that are to be added to north campus. Holy crap.

The cool thing is when it's all done it'll definitely made the athletic facilities feel "more in the middle" of everything, or that "far away" feeling the squacks always bitch about.
That PDF reminded me that Kansans really love massive lawn borders as landscaping.  I mean...who doesn't love a few nice big swaths of uncluttered fescue or Kentucky bluegrass?  Just gorgeous. Helps ensure that buildings are at least 900' apart too so you can find use in the massive adjoining parking lots.  Kansas City folks love it too, don't they?  Man.  It's all fun & games until the aquifers dry up, I guess.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 01:40:05 AM by TheProdigiousTalent »

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19801 on: January 20, 2017, 08:42:50 AM »
That PDF reminded me that Kansans really love massive lawn borders as landscaping.  I mean...who doesn't love a few nice big swaths of uncluttered fescue or Kentucky bluegrass?  Just gorgeous. Helps ensure that buildings are at least 900' apart too so you can find use in the massive adjoining parking lots.  Kansas City folks love it too, don't they?  Man.  It's all fun & games until the aquifers dry up, I guess.

I might be wrong here, but I don't think they take water from any aquifers to water lawns in Manhattan or Kansas City.

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19802 on: January 20, 2017, 09:18:38 AM »
Nebraska has been letting the farmers suck it out for their corn for about 50 years.........Kansas is in the middle of their 5th law suit on this... :blank:
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19803 on: January 20, 2017, 10:17:36 AM »
That is a shitton of academic building in that second link that are to be added to north campus. Holy crap.

The cool thing is when it's all done it'll definitely made the athletic facilities feel "more in the middle" of everything, or that "far away" feeling the squacks always bitch about.

I am just guessing, but I think a lot of building codes require green space/run off planning because we are in a flood plain.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19804 on: January 20, 2017, 10:42:43 AM »

I am just guessing, but I think a lot of building codes require green space/run off planning because we are in a flood plain.

There's gotta be a better way

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #19805 on: January 20, 2017, 11:14:17 AM »

I like space?  Maybe it's a Midwestern thing?

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19806 on: January 20, 2017, 11:47:20 AM »
That median in the middle of Kimball is probably the sexiest part :love:
it will be trampled

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #19807 on: January 20, 2017, 11:53:11 AM »
That median in the middle of Kimball is probably the sexiest part :love:
it will be trampled
can't wait for all of the kids from jardine to drive through it

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19808 on: January 20, 2017, 11:56:52 AM »

As far as universities go, Kansas State is one of the more compact campuses I've been to.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #19809 on: January 20, 2017, 12:02:50 PM »

The Word
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19810 on: January 20, 2017, 12:04:24 PM »
Quote from: the phog
stadium is still a big hole in the ground with a cruise ship, surrounded by acres of parking lots.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19811 on: January 20, 2017, 12:05:27 PM »

As far as universities go, Kansas State is one of the more compact campuses I've been to.

Absolutely, especially compared to KU, and lesser so WSU, and other universities I've been to like Indiana, Stanford, and Mizzou.

Only UMKC and TCU in my mind are more compact, and those are obviously "in the city"

A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline TheProdigiousTalent

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19812 on: January 20, 2017, 06:34:03 PM »

The main campus is compact and beautiful (seriously love it).  These North end additions seem hilariously spread out, but in fairness, I was just riffing and having fun and was almost exclusively just making crap up here.  Major props to all of you for bringing us back to reality with considerations like flood plain proximity.  The aquifer part was mostly just water scarcity humor.  Will label as such next time.

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19813 on: January 20, 2017, 08:52:36 PM »

The main campus is compact and beautiful (seriously love it).  These North end additions seem hilariously spread out, but in fairness, I was just riffing and having fun and was almost exclusively just making crap up here.  Major props to all of you for bringing us back to reality with considerations like flood plain proximity.  The aquifer part was mostly just water scarcity humor.  Will label as such next time.

Sorry on my end.  Just responded probably due to seeing the idiotic commercial where the guy leaves the sink running while brushing his teeth and then they show the kid in Africa dying, covered in flies, noting he needs the water wasted.  Never quite figured out how the kid was plugged into the municipal system.

Offline LeggoKatZ

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19814 on: January 20, 2017, 10:55:41 PM »
Quote from: the phog
stadium is still a big hole in the ground with a cruise ship, surrounded by acres of parking lots.

At least the phog admits BSFS is a big-time stadium.  The 360 degree concourse & other improvements are really paying off.   :gocho:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #19815 on: January 21, 2017, 10:22:00 AM »
I am baffled by the "acres of parking lots" criticism.  I am not bothered by it, I just find it to be ridiculous.

The "acres of parking lots" is not a bad thing, IF they are entirely full with joyful celebrating fans, displaying an ocean of school pride.  Which, our parkings lots have been since the fall of 1993, without interruption. 

eff, on every NFL broadcast of a Chiefs game (basically the second favorite team of every KU fan on earth), they gush over how wonderful a scene the tailgating is at Arrowhead.  Kansas State tailgating is more collegial and festive than Chiefs (Raytown) tailgating...there is more pride for the team, more camaraderie, more visual displays of "Team/Community/Appreciation." 

Now, when it's not game day, it's not picturesque.   That's why it's built on one edge of campus....so that we can accomplish the goal of creating a massive, wonderful, tailgating environment, without needlessly compromising valuable land for the education of students. 

In contrast, KU's basketball location is vastly superior to Kansas State. On cold Kansas nights, it's wonderful to allow students to easily walk across campus to Allen Field House.  At Kansas State, I would prefer that.  However, I will settle for the fact that not one human being inside even a completely full Bram goes without a parking spot...even when arriving at the last minute....it's the worlds easiest commute.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19816 on: January 21, 2017, 12:38:36 PM »
The BSFS parking lots, tailgate areas, stadium, and camping ground parts, all look amaze on gameday. Honestly, who gives a crap about the other 357 days a year.

And the only thing that matters about the fOOD is the interior. They aren't showing blimp shots on big Monday or anything ever with basketball really. Maybe a Bram Coli sign intro or Ernie Barnett fight shot, but nothing of the parking lots.

Offline LeggoKatZ

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19817 on: January 21, 2017, 12:52:38 PM »
When I was a young Wildcat we went to a K-State @ KU game in Lowrentz.

My Dad tossed some KU student some money to park on their front lawn & then we walked to Memorial Stadium. 

I was perplexed as to what was going on.  lol.  "Where the Hell is everyone going to tailgate?!"

Just an odd deal, whatever works for them I guess.  Ignorance is bliss. 

It makes me really grateful for K-State's outstanding parking & tailgating setup.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #19818 on: January 21, 2017, 01:57:23 PM »
Every football stadium is surrounded by parking lots or parking garages. There's are just unusually small-timey and broke down, and their mad about it.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #19819 on: January 21, 2017, 02:19:36 PM »
Every football stadium is surrounded by parking lots or parking garages. There's are just unusually small-timey and broke down, and their mad about it.

:D
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19820 on: January 21, 2017, 02:53:12 PM »
The parking lots near that dump they have , have actually expanded over the years. 

Kstate's campus is starting to fill in fairly rapidly around BSFS, Jardine is less than 500 Feet from BSFS.   

When the permanent soccer stadium and improvements to the Frank are complete.  Kstate will have some of the best on campus athletic facilities in the country. 

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19821 on: January 21, 2017, 04:08:59 PM »
Some m'fn trees and landscaping would go a long way

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19822 on: January 21, 2017, 06:28:25 PM »

Trees kill, Bel.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19823 on: January 21, 2017, 09:37:10 PM »

Trees kill, Bel.

That's what makes me nervous about campus corridor renderings. Won't be safe to drive to BSFS.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #19824 on: January 21, 2017, 10:46:38 PM »

Did you let wackycat write this post for you?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12