Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4560107 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #42075 on: August 01, 2015, 03:14:50 PM »
Why is holland being a dick?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42076 on: August 01, 2015, 03:18:59 PM »
Kind of surprised they arent rolling out price for game 4

It makes sense. They have the Twins next, so there's more opportunity to gain ground on the wild card pitching him on Monday.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42077 on: August 01, 2015, 03:19:09 PM »
by the way, did you hear Rex today?

"Wader, there's a fly in my soup, but I'll take the check please"  :lol:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #42078 on: August 01, 2015, 03:19:49 PM »
lol, didn't realize toronto was third in their division. losers.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42079 on: August 01, 2015, 03:20:50 PM »
by the way, did you hear Rex today?

"Wader, there's a fly in my soup, but I'll take the check please"  :lol:

Yeah. He was on point. "Call the mounties."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #42080 on: August 01, 2015, 03:21:28 PM »
with our pillowy soft cushiony lead we should try to beat the teams we don't want to play in the playoffs but let the teams we do want to play win.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42081 on: August 01, 2015, 03:23:25 PM »
with our pillowy soft cushiony lead we should try to beat the teams we don't want to play in the playoffs but let the teams we do want to play win.

Yeah. We should bring Pino back to start against the Twins.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42082 on: August 01, 2015, 03:35:27 PM »

Meh. If any of us had to have an interview everyday after work, we'd probably have some grumpy answers too

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42083 on: August 01, 2015, 03:55:57 PM »

Meh. If any of us had to have an interview everyday after work, we'd probably have some grumpy answers too

It just seemed like it was personal with whoever was asking the questions, I thought maybe there was some beef I didnt know about. 

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42084 on: August 01, 2015, 04:00:59 PM »
Morales has 131 plate appearances w/RISP. That's  tied for 1st in all MLB
Hosmer has 125. That is tied for 5th in MLB
Morales also leads MLB with 40 hits and 60 RBI w/RISP (.348 batting Ave). Hos is Top 10 in AL

Pretty telling of what Esky, Moose, and Cain have done in front of these 2. Someone has to get in scoring position for these two to have those numbers

« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 04:06:50 PM by Powercat Posse »

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42085 on: August 01, 2015, 04:06:50 PM »
Zobrist needs to bat 1st or 2nd.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42086 on: August 01, 2015, 04:13:32 PM »
Esky
Zobrist
Cain
Hosmer
Morales
Moose
Salvy
Dyson
Infante

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42087 on: August 01, 2015, 04:38:55 PM »
Kind of surprised they arent rolling out price for game 4

It makes sense. They have the Twins next, so there's more opportunity to gain ground on the wild card pitching him on Monday.

he didn't get a chance to throw his bullpen session because he was moving teams.  they moved him back so he could throw it and pitch with the normal days following his throw day.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42088 on: August 01, 2015, 04:41:19 PM »

i kinda like him following morales.  i hate when salvy follows morales, because why would anyone pitch to him when they can just wait and strike out salvy?

doesn't matter too much to me, as long as moose is moved to follow morales.  non-slumping moose and zobrist are about the same batter, except for moose not hitting lefties.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42089 on: August 01, 2015, 04:43:44 PM »
gordon
zobrist
cain
hosmer
morales
moose
salvy
esky
dyson

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42090 on: August 01, 2015, 04:44:20 PM »
Hey townie, the 3 games we lost at NY we started Guts, Vargas, and Young so you can stop worrying about those. Houston and Tornoto are good, but so are we. We beat both these teams in home series, and assuming a healthy Gordon, we'll have the best lineup we've had like, ever, come October. We could lose a short series to anyone, but having Games 1 and 2 at home in ALL series, we should be favored against ANYONE in the AL.
:thumbs:

If we can get a strong outing from Volquez tomorrow to split this series I'll feel a lot better. The Jays lineup is terrifying tho.

(And I know it was a typo, but until they're out of 3rd place in the East everyone should refer to them as Tornoto.)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42091 on: August 01, 2015, 05:35:54 PM »

i kinda like him following morales.  i hate when salvy follows morales, because why would anyone pitch to him when they can just wait and strike out salvy?

doesn't matter too much to me, as long as moose is moved to follow morales.  non-slumping moose and zobrist are about the same batter, except for moose not hitting lefties.

Zobrist, Cain, Hosmer gives us three +.800 ops hitters in a row, which I like.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42092 on: August 01, 2015, 05:39:37 PM »
Kendrys is right after that at like .789 too!

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42093 on: August 01, 2015, 06:15:01 PM »
Zobrist, Cain, Hosmer gives us three +.800 ops hitters in a row, which I like.

until his slump, moose was right there too.  as long as salvy gets moved down the order, i'm happy.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42094 on: August 01, 2015, 08:20:10 PM »
I like Esky hitting 1st. As long as his ave doesn't drop below .270 I stick by that.  I know as a lead off guy he is suppose to get on base because he gets more plate appearances than #6-7 guys . He won't have the OBP of Zo or Gordo but he does hit .325 w/RISP. Only Morales is higher. So when the bottom of the lineup gets on he is doing great hitting in 1 spot

I don't care if Moose or Zo hits 2.  Those 2 and Gordo likely hit 2,6,7.  That's because 3-4-5 is locked in as Cain Hos and Morales.

We can wish all we want but Ned doesn't tinker with the lineup much. So the hot guy is not suddenly gonna hit 2nd, although he probably should

Sys... U may get your wish.  If Rios and Infante are swinging similar bats, I see Zo playing RF more.  Rios may play 2-3 of every 8 gms while Infante plays 6 of every 8.  Infante was here last year so Ned will have more loyalty. Add in Infante/Zo is better on D than Zo/Rios. 

This much I know Zo will start most games somewhere, and he will start every game vs LHP
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 08:29:15 PM by Powercat Posse »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42095 on: August 01, 2015, 08:36:28 PM »
Sys... U may get your wish.  If Rios and Infante are swinging similar bats, I see Zo playing RF more.  Rios may play 2-3 of every 8 gms while Infante plays 6 of every 8.  Infante was here last year so Ned will have more loyalty. Add in Infante/Zo is better on D than Zo/Rios. 

This much I know Zo will start most games somewhere, and he will start every game vs LHP

you mean after gordon gets back?  i think zobrist should definitely spend most of his time in left/right before gordon is back.  but afterwards, i'd be fine with him replacing infante - because dyson can play great defense in right and he's good enough offensively.  i think you get more bang for your buck replacing infante.

2b zobrist/rf dyson against rhp, 2b infante/rf zobrist against lhp.  rios as a pinch hitter or whatever.

honestly i wouldn't even be upset with rios continuing to start against lhp, if only they would dsub/pr dyson for him whenever the opportunity presented.  they did it with aoki, it boggles the mind that they think rios is a better defender than aoki.  or god knows what their logic is, but it boggles the mind.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42096 on: August 01, 2015, 09:05:29 PM »

you mean after gordon gets back?  i think zobrist should definitely spend most of his time in left/right before gordon is back.  but afterwards, i'd be fine with him replacing infante - because dyson can play great defense in right and he's good enough offensively.  i think you get more bang for your buck replacing infante.

2b zobrist/rf dyson against rhp, 2b infante/rf zobrist against lhp.  rios as a pinch hitter or whatever.

honestly i wouldn't even be upset with rios continuing to start against lhp, if only they would dsub/pr dyson for him whenever the opportunity presented.  they did it with aoki, it boggles the mind that they think rios is a better defender than aoki.  or god knows what their logic is, but it boggles the mind.

I'm a little surprised they don't do part of the time in Reg season.   My gut tells me Dyson ain't starting much when it counts (like last year).  Zo needs to play.  IMO Rios has the higher ceiling on offense, so him playing 1st-6th is fine... And even if they put Zo/infante for D late in games is fine. Zo has played more LF than RF so not sure if he is a worthy Defensive RF ( won't be good as Dyson I know)

It's kinda of a nice problem to have.  This assuming we are 100% healthy across the board.
Another nice problem is Salvy will hit 8. Not 4,5,6 like parts of last year. 1 thru 7 every hitter can hit .275 with intangibles. Can't wait

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile